• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New patek philippe nautilus from ppf

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
By the way, can anyone measure the date window position on the PPF, please? I'm just thinking that if the blue dial is as good as the white, a transplant of that dial into a PF would be a massive improvement!

Will have the info next week for you.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
I predict the blue dial will be as disappointing as every other blue dial nautilus that has gone before. The gen colour appears to be impossible to replicate!! All reps to date have been too blue (or famously too green, but I can see what BP were going for and preferred it to the bright blue of every other version which is just wrong wrong wrong)!!

The gen is like a diesel gray blue, but certainly not bright blue!!

DC

andyc

Nitimur in vetitum
Certified
4/6/10
I predict the blue dial will be as disappointing as every other blue dial nautilus that has gone before. The gen colour appears to be impossible to replicate!! All reps to date have been too blue (or famously too green, but I can see what BP were going for and preferred it to the bright blue of every other version which is just wrong wrong wrong!!

DC

I can see you're one of life's optimists eh?

Reactions: SuperLory

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
I can see you're one of life's optimists eh?

I’m hopeful, but not optimistic no! I guess someone’s got to get it right one day... but seven years in and it hasn’t happened thus far!!

DC

Miltiades

Known Member
7/7/10
To me actually the PF gray Dial at least on photos and video, was the closest to one of the gen blue shades

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Reactions: SmartyPants

BIONONE

28/4/17
I’m hopeful, but not optimistic no! I guess someone’s got to get it right one day... but seven years in and it hasn’t happened thus far!!

DC

i think ZF is one of the top tier factories and they have enough money and willpower to achieve decent results - they got the 5167 prettifying much spot on with a bit too much brushing in the sun burst finish but color wise they did a good job.

I know that the blue one is a completely different story but ZF has proven in the past that they only allow decent products to leave the factory.
I am not saying everything is perfect, without flaws or even perfectly gen like

BUT i have also high hopes that they try to implement a new marketing/business strategy by eliminating the competition by releasing best results in the first place without Vxx and so on.
ZF has done a magnificent job until now and i couldn't be more satisfied with what we have seen the past year and what the rep game has become.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17

You know we disagree on that, so I'll just say : some gen are, other not :)
But you are someone we can discuss with, so different opinions on that is vital I think !

Gens (see the variability in the blue depending on the batches) :

Patek%20Philippe%20Nautilus%205711-min.jpg

1_99_1.jpg

60-BEC0-EB-90-D2-46-AC-BF3-A-23-DBAEBED530.jpg

Patek-Philippe-Nautilus-5711-Collectors-Series-5.jpg

My Mk V5 :

VWVvlf.jpg

VWVnAh.jpg

VWVe8D.jpg

Did they get it 100 % right ? No I don't think, like you, they ever really be able to capture it. Without reiterating what I've written in my review, but I have some source exactly at the right place, and their colour obsession is nuts, I can't see any factories willing to be as nuts

gilrob

Legendary Member
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Wow! 80 pages in 11 days and we haven't read/commented onBlackJaguar 's review and the upcoming blue dial yet. That's a record for a Patek Philippe model here on RWI.

For comparison, the PF 5711 introductory thread had 53 pages which ran from 9-21-17 to 10 10-26-17.

Insignificant to some, but I thought I'd pass this info on while we await for more info.

Last edited:

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
I predict the blue dial will be as disappointing as every other blue dial nautilus that has gone before. The gen colour appears to be impossible to replicate!! All reps to date have been too blue (or famously too green, but I can see what BP were going for and preferred it to the bright blue of every other version which is just wrong wrong wrong)!!

DC

New gen goal blue looks blue / gray, it can look more blue or more gray depending on the light and the angle.
ive been told they rep that color great on ppf. It should be out in a week.

Reactions: vcappp

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
You know we disagree on that, so I'll just say : some gen are, other not :)
But you are someone we can discuss with, so different opinions on that is vital I think !

Gens (see the variability in the blue depending on the batches) :

Patek%20Philippe%20Nautilus%205711-min.jpg

1_99_1.jpg

60-BEC0-EB-90-D2-46-AC-BF3-A-23-DBAEBED530.jpg

Patek-Philippe-Nautilus-5711-Collectors-Series-5.jpg

My Mk V5 :

VWVvlf.jpg

VWVnAh.jpg

VWVe8D.jpg

Did they get it 100 % right ? No I don't think, like you, they ever really be able to capture it. Without reiterating what I've written in my review, but I have some source exactly at the right place, and their colour obsession is nuts, I can't see any factories willing to be as nuts

Yup you are absolutely correct. People still complaining about the color but there are 3 different variation of gen blue and one of them is bright blue just like inn ph and MKF v7 - ph and mk v7 are very very close to the real thing - pre 2016 blue.

Reactions: vcappp

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Yup you are absolutely correct. People still complaining about the color but there are 3 different variation of gen blue and one of them is bright blue just like inn ph and MKF v7 - ph and mk v7 are very very close to the real thing - pre 2016 blue.

Just to be on the correct side of things : PF & MK v5 or V6 is what you meant instead of V7 :)

It's hard to say how many versions there's in the wild, Patek have a serial number system for each dial color, and it goes far beyond V2, V2 or V3 :lol: but what is certain is that the beauty of this rep game is the plethora of choice regarding the colors, I find the BP dial very pleasing to the eye, V6F color is also very nice to look at despite the incorrect piano pattern.

molivio

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/10/15
I just wanna post a general consideration.
I'm a watch "casual enthusiast", that means that I can spot which watch someone is wearing at first glance, I can distinguish a SD from a SUB or recognize a GP Laureato...but that's it. How many people, out there, can do this? Maybe 5/10%? But that's it. I'm not, in any way, an expert.

For a noob like me reading your discussion about thickness, size of the crown, etc...is very useful. It helps people like me to understand what (and how) to look for to have a deeper knowledge. Those discussion give also general advices on which are the best OOTB replicas (and that's what a lot of people is looking for on this forum).
It's a pleasure to read people like Hinclimincli BIONONE GingerBubba or the despicable french guy discussing all those little stuff that make a replica better than the other. That's what this passion is about. Those are the discussion from where noobs like me can get the "what's the best replica of XX model" answer. But that's because those guys make pretty clear that YES: the gen is 0.2mm thinner/the 12 indices are a little misaligned/the date font is slightly thinner/fatter, but NO: nobody can see that on your wrist, sometimes nobody can see those things without a 10x zoom. They're doing something useful for everybody.

What I don't get is how in the world a 0.3 mm difference is an instant tell. I mean, everybody is free to decide which level of flaw can tolerate. I can totally see someone considering a 0.3mm difference a reason not to buy a replica.
But an instant tell? Something you can see from 2 feet away? Come on!
There's no point on doing this, it's simply false and can generate a false perception affecting all those who are approaching this world.

what he said, couldnt put it better, please stop

Reactions: TheEC

gilrob

Legendary Member
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
The numerous videos from China shown on this thread indicates that the growing Chinese domestic market has a keen eye towards the rep PP 5711 models. That market has grown over the years and will continue to do so. They've gone from replica Rolex to higher end rep pieces such as AP, RM, PP or any watch that cost more than a Rolex. They are also getting as critical as we are, which should result in better quality made reps. Good times are ahead.