• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New patek philippe nautilus from ppf

TheEC

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/12/18
Italy
I just wanna post a general consideration.
I'm a watch "casual enthusiast", that means that I can spot which watch someone is wearing at first glance, I can distinguish a SD from a SUB or recognize a GP Laureato...but that's it. How many people, out there, can do this? Maybe 5/10%? But that's it. I'm not, in any way, an expert.

For a noob like me reading your discussion about thickness, size of the crown, etc...is very useful. It helps people like me to understand what (and how) to look for to have a deeper knowledge. Those discussion give also general advices on which are the best OOTB replicas (and that's what a lot of people is looking for on this forum).
It's a pleasure to read people like Hinclimincli BIONONE GingerBubba or the despicable french guy discussing all those little stuff that make a replica better than the other. That's what this passion is about. Those are the discussion from where noobs like me can get the "what's the best replica of XX model" answer. But that's because those guys make pretty clear that YES: the gen is 0.2mm thinner/the 12 indices are a little misaligned/the date font is slightly thinner/fatter, but NO: nobody can see that on your wrist, sometimes nobody can see those things without a 10x zoom. They're doing something useful for everybody.

What I don't get is how in the world a 0.3 mm difference is an instant tell. I mean, everybody is free to decide which level of flaw can tolerate. I can totally see someone considering a 0.3mm difference a reason not to buy a replica.
But an instant tell? Something you can see from 2 feet away? Come on!
There's no point on doing this, it's simply false and can generate a false perception affecting all those who are approaching this world.

Jamiek84

Known Member
27/3/16
I just wanna post a general consideration.
I'm a watch "casual enthusiast", that means that I can spot which watch someone is wearing at first glance, I can distinguish a SD from a SUB or recognize a GP Laureato...but that's it. How many people, out there, can do this? Maybe 5/10%? But that's it. I'm not, in any way, an expert.

I am the same, I usually look at someone's watch before I look at their face.

I would expect less than 1 in 10 people even notice you are wearing a watch

Less than 1 in 10 of those people are like us and would notice what watch it is

And a hell of a lot less than 1 in 10 of those people would notice if it was real.

We are talking 1 in 1000 if not more.

Once I was wearing a rep hublot and someone asked if it was an AP. Which is kind of close, with screws in the bezel.

Another time I handed my 15400 to a friend and whilst holding it he said is it a Rolex...

And how many times has someone looked at your watch closely and said "its stopped working" because the large chrono second hand isn't moving?

99.9% of people including most of us here wont be able to tell the difference on the wrist..

Last edited:

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
So, conclusion: BOTH Ryan and BlackJaguar are liars, right? :hehehe:

everyone ;)

you know - those scary well build reps nowadays can cause this special kind of schizophrenia and paranoia... I mean sometimes we have a hard time telling what is the truth judging based on pictures hehe

Gaberusa

Known Member
15/10/12
All:

I'll provide a more thorough review this upcoming week with initial thoughts later today, but I just wanted to post the attached for anyone wondering about the thickness.

Did you check the caseback if its all the way tightened? it might save a few mm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: vcappp

JTSWE

19/2/17
I have one also now, why cant i share pictures

Skickat från min iPhone med RWI

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
I have one also now, why cant i share pictures

Skickat från min iPhone med RWI

It's because you have a Hublot in your profile photo, obviously. I mean, this is the Patek Philippe su forum, only the trinity or the main contender are allowed!

(jokes aside, are you using the picr.me icon on the header of the post frame?)

palaufreak

Renowned Member
7/7/16
Can someone take a picture of the case back mocement. Some have said the finishing is awesome.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
By the way, can anyone measure the date window position on the PPF, please? I'm just thinking that if the blue dial is as good as the white, a transplant of that dial into a PF would be a massive improvement!

Reactions: Nivka