• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New factory release Deep sea lite

Status
Not open for further replies.

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Yuck, better off with the best version of the SD instead. 8)

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
Have you ever had that lite bread they sell? Arnold bakery lite I think it is.
They say it tastes just like the same bread Arnold makes in the same bakery/factory.
I will be God damned if it tastes NOTHING like the regular bread.
Life can be flat out cruel at times. Damn liars.

Time4Direct

Trusted Dealer (In Memoriam RIP)
Gold Patron
25/3/08
Does a Mercedes 500sl look like a Mercedes C180?
My do Mercedes bother to spend to spend $millions on building and testing a C180 all they need to do is chop the roof off the 180
Why have you used an ETA watch to compare to the factory sample of the LIte a better comparison would be to use the picture of the finished sample of the lite. my only reference to ETA was to say it's from the same factory. Was I meant to say it came from somewhere else?

D

d4m.test

I don't like the way this is turning out. I saw this same thing on the Discovery Channel, and it was at about this time that things started getting really ugly.

Mickey makes some rather valid points, and I am not hearing any real answers from the dealer.

Compare apples and apples, 180's to 180's and SD's to SD's.

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
I just feel like cheerleading today. Buy more Seadwellers! They taste like Tuna!

D

d4m.test

fakemaster said:
I just feel like cheerleading today. Buy more Seadwellers! They taste ike Tuna!

Hear, hear!!

I just bought a SD and I liked everything but the bracelet. I do want one of the new DS's, but I want a good one.

Ask anyone...I am easy to impress but difficult to convince.

Convince me.

Time4Direct

Trusted Dealer (In Memoriam RIP)
Gold Patron
25/3/08
BigOffshoreDaddy said:
I don't like the way this is turning out. I saw this same thing on the Discovery Channel, and it was at about this time that things started getting really ugly.

Mickey makes some rather valid points, and I am not hearing any real answers from the dealer.

Compare apples and apples, 180's to 180's and SD's to SD's.

What valid points he is comparing 2 different watches ! Show the picture of the actual watch that the sample pictures refer to otherwise you are as well to compare it to the GEN . This is just silly comparing a pre production factory sample picture of a watch thats $100 less to a picture of a watch that is fully developed. I can't see what comparison he is trying to make perhaps you could explain it to me because I am at a loss to understand what valid points he makes

JohnnySac

10/9/06
Time4Direct said:
Mickey Padge said:
You said yourself that it was from the same factory as the ETA version at the begining of this thread. The ETA version is for sale and already available, so why would the factory need a "sample", just to swap an Asian movement in, instead of the ETA?

It bears no resemblance whatsoever to the ETA version, different dial, hands, bezel, insert, crown and rehaut engravings etc.....

Cheers! 8)
Here is the actual post verbatim please highlight where I say same dial/hands/bezel/crown/rehaut are the same as the ETA and only the movement is different. Also where do i say they all they are doing is swapping a movement .Please if you are going to use my words use them as they are written not as you imagine them
"This is the new ROLEX DEEP SEA Lite from the makers of the ETA version
These are factory pictures I received yesterday the sample with be with me physical later today
Basically it's the same case and band as the ETA watch I think with Asian movement it will be priced at less than $170 so a bout $100 less than current model"

Also why would you use a picture of a different watch when there are pictures of the actual watch referred to in the samples

T4D, Being you are a new dealer I really want to go bat for you....

However do YOU know what a "lite" version MEANS or know what its designation IS?

Lite means SAME watch with a different movement -e.g Swiss ETA would be the heavy version, the asian movement, or clone would be the LITE version, see?

I'm trying to help but mincing words will confuse our noobs. I doubt that is your intent.

D

d4m.test

How about I make this as clear as crystal.....

DO NOT SHOW ME A EDIT WATCH THAT IS NOT FOR SALE. DO NOT SHOW ME A WATCH THAT IS A PREPRODUCTION FANTASY WET DREAM PIECE OF S H I T AND NOT THE FINISHED PRODUCT.

SHOW ME SOMETHING THAT IS FOR SALE RIGHT NOW, NOT DAYS OR WEEKS FROM NOW.

GIVE ME SOMETHING THAT, IF I WERE TO WALK INTO AN AUTHORIZED DEALER, WOULD PASS MUSTER.

HOW EDIT CLEAR IS THAT?

EDITED for offensive language.. DO NOT space out your lettering to bypass the offensive language filter - dizz

JohnnySac

10/9/06
BigOffshoreDaddy said:

DO NOT SHOW ME A F U C K I N G WATCH THAT IS NOT FOR SALE. DO NOT SHOW ME A WATCH THAT IS A PREPRODUCTION FANTASY WET DREAM PIECE OF S H I T AND NOT THE FINISHED PRODUCT.

GIVE ME SOMETHING THAT, IF I WERE TO WALK INTO AN AUTHORIZED DEALER, WOULD PASS MUSTER.

HOW F U C K I N G CLEAR IS THAT?

Bro, delete that before you get banned or something???

BTW didn't I sell you my MBW Yachtmaster? [smilie=angel12.gif]

babola

I'm Pretty Popular
19/9/06
Easy on the trigger there, boys...

The pre-prod picture should have never been shown in the first place.

Now let's all go have a drink and chill 8)

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
BigOffshoreDaddy said:

DO NOT SHOW ME A F U C K I N G WATCH THAT IS NOT FOR SALE. DO NOT SHOW ME A WATCH THAT IS A PREPRODUCTION FANTASY WET DREAM PIECE OF S H I T AND NOT THE FINISHED PRODUCT.

HOW F U C K I N G CLEAR IS THAT?
Goose fraba, BOSD. Goose Fraba.

drfcfighter

I'm Pretty Popular
19/11/06
now now boys, all of you guys calm down! :lol:

ALL of us know that making a visually identical 1:1 is acutally IMPOSSIBLE as the factories will never have incentive to do so. Why would they want to work harder and be more anal about details when at the end of the day, numbnuts like us still buy reps? They know as much as us that we would continue to buy whenever there is an "upgrade". (although that trend is getting tired, and I stopped buying for the most part).

As for you T4D, don't worry mate, I don't think any potentially negative criticism about the watch is a direct criticism of you, rather it is just a reflection on how much of anal retentive folks we can be, in order to not fork over $7K for a gen. And as for rest of us members, I wouldn't sweat it about this "lite" version. This preproduction is clearly not what we want, so why sweat it?

JohnnySac

10/9/06
drfcfighter said:
now now boys, all of you guys calm down! :lol:

ALL of us know that making a visually identical 1:1 is acutally IMPOSSIBLE as the factories will never have incentive to do so. Why would they want to work harder and be more anal about details when at the end of the day, numbnuts like us still buy reps?

Uh, the issue isn't really about making this lite version look like the GEN WHEN in fact it doesn't even resemble the "swiss" counterpart....for starters.... [smilie=angel2.gif]

Mickey Padge

Renowned Member
7/9/06
When you say a watch is from the same factory, and that it is the "lite" version, what do you expect us to do? We will look at that other version and compare. You are implying that it is pretty much the same watch, aside from the movement....

Bearing in mind this Asian version has absolutely no recognisable similarities to the ETA version, even mentioning the ETA watch is pointless, the only thing that is remotely in common appears the be the SS bracelet! :lol:

I would suggest that calling it the "lite" version is grossly misleading, it is not the first time either is it? You did the same thing with your GMT2 with ceramic bezel, saying they were the same aside from the Asian movement. By-Tor called you out on that too.....

I doubt it is from the same factory, why would they go to the expense of creating a whole new set of parts etc... When all that is needed is a movement swap.... :?

This is all standard stuff for you though T4D or PWC or whatever, isn't it? You have already admited selling Asian watches as Swiss on your many ioffer accounts, on the repgeek forums, and now you want to bring your ambiguous, downright misleading sales practices to the forums....

drfcfighter

I'm Pretty Popular
19/11/06
GoatDweller said:
Uh, the issue isn't really about making this lite version look like the GEN WHEN in fact it doesn't even resemble the "swiss" counterpart....for starters.... [smilie=angel2.gif]

I know, I know... I'm just saying that we don't know if the factory actually has these as Swiss version too, and then the same model as the lite, in which case, it's just a bad rep. For an example, Silix's Swiss 45 PO is still under $200 and noone buys it because it's the different factory from UPO factory, and it's a tad less detailed except for the logo. That same model also comes in "lite" and is subsequently cheaper. That makes the Silix CN PO a "lite" of the Swiss PO, which is an overall less desirable PO than the UPO. Eitherway, I haven't bought it and don't know anyone who has.

Same applies to this DeepSea IMO, is all I'm saying. :?

Eitherway, I think the concensus is that this DeepSea version is not quite popular among the rep-fanatics, as better Asian version already exists, AND it's just not a style fit for everyone. I, for one, would not even consider the gen. I'd get the GP SeaHawk Pro Ti for the same money if I wanted to go deep sea diving.

sconehead

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/07
I think the price point is a guide as to how gen-like the watch is. It's right that we should discuss the accuracies of the watch, but to start flaming the dealer, well, I'm not so sure. Bear in mind though that I'm not as seasoned as some of you so I'll see where this leads us. Just my 0.02p worth... :|

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
I'll say this. I don't have a problem with a dealer seeding the clouds for an upcoming product. T4D has has some issues with descriptions as i have pointed out. But I don't really have a problem with this one. He did say it was a preliminary pic. Some clarification would certainly help.

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
Im not taking any sides here but some things do need to be cleared up. As Goatdweller said before.. the term "lite" as it has come to be known from the dealers on the replica forums indicates:

The same watch as the ETA version EXCEPT:

has Asian copy movement instead of real ETA.
Might not have double AR like the ETA version.
BUT uses the same case, bracelet, dial etc.

This is the confusion here. If the factory is telling the dealer that this is their "lite" version then maybe the factory needs to be educated... AND this was originally started by the dealer to be a preliminary or prototype picture...or maybe the factory doesnt care.. who knows, but in regards to this specific watch, by definition, this would not be considered a "lite" version (of the ETA Deepsea) becasue its built with completely different parts.

Either way... all the dealers seem to have different versions.. we all have eyes and can see what we are buying from the pictures, and if you dont like it then check out another dealer. If you have major concerns about the way a dealer is representing their products, then forward your concerns to the forum staff. There is no need to get nasty and offensive in our posts. The dealers that we pick for the forum are here to help and service you, they are not trying to rip you off and lie to you :)

Please keep this civil so I dont have to lock it up.

dizz

Status
Not open for further replies.