• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW Noob Sea Dweller 126600 43mm 1:1 V9 904

Averse

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/8/18
You are sitting at the beach bar drinking a beer next to you seats a men or woman and says ohh nice SD i really like the red words ( or something else ) and then he says wait is this a f fake the 6 marker is way to low i would newer do this while i am working on the watch ( BUM HE IS A ROLEX WATCHMAKER AND CALLED U OUT ON UR REP)

What the hell are you on about?

Reactions: rolexppapfan

wubsub

i like subs
Patron
Certified
31/10/18
sorry who are?
But don’t really be paranoid. Nobody will care if you have a rep or not unless its some obvious cheap junk. Just dont expect to walk in an AD and parade with your rep and ur fine really. Its not even visible from your eye to hand distance - the 6 marker.

Back on topic, I’m happy with my ARF SD and this noob version sample doesn’t look superior as of yet, unless someone A B a nicely QCd one.

jordi14

Horology Curious
8/5/17
ARF SD43 is still one of the best ootb reps. It‘s very very close to gen.

Look at this Noob watch: Dancing letters on the rehaut engraving. And imop the crystal is sitting a tad too high. And I doubt Noob comes even close to ARF‘s black hole effect. Nor it will be same glass quality.
And the clasp and bracelet of the ARF is very very good. Hard to beat. I don‘t believe Noob does. And I can say my own ARF SD43 has got so precise endlinks without any visible gap or play.

On to the movements: ARF uses the reliable and proven eta2824 clone. And you know the gen has got the new 3235 inside which has got the same hands setting direction like eta.

So no need for this shitty SA3135 in the noob.

Greets Andi

Thank you for the information!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Renowned Member
9/12/18
I am pretty new and I purchased a ARF SD43 v2 from a TD recently. I have couple thoughts wanted to share.

See the picture. I think the print of “ft” is a little off. The t is not smooth. Also, the 6 o’clock mark is sitting pretty low. IMHO, the noob version doesn’t have these issues.

Let me know your thoughts.

19943eae6d4a0666748a84455df219d8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Btw, anyone know if there is anything I can do about it? Can a good watch smith move the 6 o’clock mark up a little bit? Anything I can do about the “ft” text? Should I talk to the TD and see if they can do anything?

Thank you very much in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smpfan

Renowned Member
18/9/11
You can carefully remove the 6 o‘clock marker and refit it correctly. It‘s a bit tricky but possible.
About the misprint you can‘t do anything. Reject the watch and ask for another one. But I think your TD won‘t play this game very often.

But at first compare the gen with your QC pic. Is it really necessary to refit the marker?

8a9dc782abca9492abbb3f08ea2987ba.jpg

Greets Andi

Reactions: vcappp

InfiniteOcean

11/1/19
Washington State
I purchased both watches, last month, ARF SD43 V2 2824 and Noob Sd43 V9 3235, I had them side by side for a week. Im not an expert. I own a gen rolex, (not the Sd43) but have some terms of comparison, so I'll share my initial impressions. After wearing both versions. The arf looked strange. I noticed the lumed dial hour markers were very bright white, especially outside, I've seen bad replicas and it reminded of them immediately, the starchy bleach white lume looked too bright a white, almost as if they used card stock. This was a huge turn off. I couldn't abide. This was within the first minute of wearing it. I decided I could relume if all else was superior. Then I kept comparing. And here's what I found.

The dial markers themselves are thicker and rounded on the noob version and shinier, giving them a richer look. The noob lume was a creamy color , towards bone. Which is closer to gen.

Rehaut was very similar for both. Neither was distinctly better. Arf was slightly off center. Noob was dead on.

The second distinction for me was the S in Swiss sits slightly higher on the Arf, which became another knock on the ARF for me. You can change a part but cant straighten out letters on dials.

The DW was not as refined on the ARF as the NOOB. Arf mag was too strong. Numbers we're bolder on the ARF DW

Both bezels are well done. But ARFs bezel numeric engravings are deeper then the Noobs which made the painted numbers harder to see from certain angles.

Arfs dial is a touch lighter then Noob. The bracelets and SEL were identical, both very well done.

Noobs scalloped bezel is more gen like. Arfs is still too deep and sharper to the touch.

Crystal sits higher on the Noob. From what I understand it's a touch higher then gen. Crystal quality seems very similar on both. Which is decent at best. Arfs AR coating is very blue. Noobs is not (if it even has any).

Crown engraving on Noob was much clearer , arf seemed vague and poorly stamped and slightly off center.

Im not a fan boy of any factory. I realize everyone has different things they look at and consider deal breakers but I simply wanted what looked best to me, and for the reasons I gave, I felt Noob was a keeper. I'll try and post a few pictures of both side by side. You all be the judges.

Big_Pilot

26/5/17
ARF left, Noob right...

Due to more fat date number of the watch on the left (which I suspect is ARF version).

Reactions: dweller 89

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
ARF left, Noob right...

Due to more fat date number of the watch on the left (which I suspect is ARF version).

Wrong! Noob is on the left. Crown guards and bezel pearl give it away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
I’m in the middle of modding my Noob V2 at the moment. I’ve used an arf for parts as I’ve fitted a gen crystal and added the case back from ARF as its slightly slimmer and better engraved and fitted the ARF bracelet as the sels are more crisply finished and also gives it the perfect recessed link.
I’m just waiting for my insert to come back from USD plating in Germany where it is getting a platinum sputter coating like gen.
I agree with all comments the OP has made. A couple of pics so far.
4870ad82800577fb76b19f77256838b7.jpg
188179bb7bca80e45c0ebdc55819bdee.jpg
and below with gen crystal.
fd1c01f67a9c4106492177384dad7cdc.jpg

Big_Pilot

26/5/17
What is by the way the difference between the ETA 2824 copy in ARF and ETA 2836 copy in Noob. And does this really matter?

Reactions: InfiniteOcean

Pelagic

Renowned Member
30/8/07
I’m in the middle of modding my Noob V2 at the moment. I’ve used an arf for parts as I’ve fitted a gen crystal and added the case back from ARF as its slightly slimmer and better engraved and fitted the ARF bracelet as the sels are more crisply finished and also gives it the perfect recessed link.
I’m just waiting for my insert to come back from USD plating in Germany where it is getting a platinum sputter coating like gen.
I agree with all comments the OP has made. A couple of pics so far.
4870ad82800577fb76b19f77256838b7.jpg
188179bb7bca80e45c0ebdc55819bdee.jpg
and below with gen crystal.
fd1c01f67a9c4106492177384dad7cdc.jpg

Looks good bud! Ordered a noob 904 so I can do the same. Feel like I have to finish the build lol.

acesup11

Known Member
31/12/10
Thank you for the breakdown. I was about to pull the trigger on the ARF version but now you have me thinking, Most people on here and other board like the ARF, is that still the consensus after this breakdown?

I purchased both watches, last month, ARF SD43 V2 2824 and Noob Sd43 V9 3235, I had them side by side for a week. Im not an expert. I own a gen rolex, (not the Sd43) but have some terms of comparison, so I'll share my initial impressions. After wearing both versions. The arf looked strange. I noticed the lumed dial hour markers were very bright white, especially outside, I've seen bad replicas and it reminded of them immediately, the starchy bleach white lume looked too bright a white, almost as if they used card stock. This was a huge turn off. I couldn't abide. This was within the first minute of wearing it. I decided I could relume if all else was superior. Then I kept comparing. And here's what I found.

The dial markers themselves are thicker and rounded on the noob version and shinier, giving them a richer look. The noob lume was a creamy color , towards bone. Which is closer to gen.

Rehaut was very similar for both. Neither was distinctly better. Arf was slightly off center. Noob was dead on.

The second distinction for me was the S in Swiss sits slightly higher on the Arf, which became another knock on the ARF for me. You can change a part but cant straighten out letters on dials.

The DW was not as refined on the ARF as the NOOB. Arf mag was too strong. Numbers we're bolder on the ARF DW

Both bezels are well done. But ARFs bezel numeric engravings are deeper then the Noobs which made the painted numbers harder to see from certain angles.

Arfs dial is a touch lighter then Noob. The bracelets and SEL were identical, both very well done.

Noobs scalloped bezel is more gen like. Arfs is still too deep and sharper to the touch.

Crystal sits higher on the Noob. From what I understand it's a touch higher then gen. Crystal quality seems very similar on both. Which is decent at best. Arfs AR coating is very blue. Noobs is not (if it even has any).

Crown engraving on Noob was much clearer , arf seemed vague and poorly stamped and slightly off center.

Im not a fan boy of any factory. I realize everyone has different things they look at and consider deal breakers but I simply wanted what looked best to me, and for the reasons I gave, I felt Noob was a keeper. I'll try and post a few pictures of both side by side. You all be the judges.

InfiniteOcean

11/1/19
Washington State
Pelagic- That would be fantastic, thanks in advance.

acesup11 -Thanks for the input, I had read soo much about the ARF and was convinced until I saw the Noob and put it on. I know each has strengths and weaknesses but I prefer the strength of Noob and the weaknesses really. Some have mentioned better case back on ARF which is the last thing I see since it's touching my arm if I'm wearing it. So I'd rather worry about an accurate dial and general font and proportion. I noticed the dial markers at 6 and 9 are shorter and thinner on the ARF, it's things like that I can't abide. I found a video on YouTube that was posted yesterday comparing ARF SD43 w GEN 43, he claims it's a noob. But it's obviously not. I'll post it now . The videography is tops.