• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The dedicated 5513 appreciation thread.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
lwwkI.jpg

Reactions: Nur-Uhr and nest1

solipsistic

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/10/11
Two beauties :)
Do you have more information you want to share about these amazing watches.

Thank you sir, quite a compliment coming from you. I’ve got more information than I have time to write at the moment, but here is an overview:

Both watches have gen dials mounted in cartel cases (old polex has the 5513 service dial, and the newer cartel model seemingly held together by glue has the 14060 dial) with dial feet intact mounted on heavily modified eta 2836 movements. I’ve been meaning to do a write up on that process for a while now. Both are tested water tight to 50m in my homemade $35 pressure tester.

The 14060 dial has a gorgeous stardust patina that is hard to capture in pictures. It took some laborious case modding to mount because the cartel case has a 26mm dial seat but the 14060 is 27mm. Another writeup needed for that.

The 14060 dialed 5513 has a shell cordovan strap I threw together (recently got into strap making). I still need to get a gen clasp like the one on yllekp’s watch.

And if you’re wondering why the hell I put a 14060 in a 5513 case... I originally planned to use that dial in a ST-based build but the dial is a fraction of a mm too small and it falls through the rehaut. Nothing is easy in this hobby

pessoa67

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/10/18
Hi Guys, if possible I need some more advices from you about my 5513 CG home made...how do you see them? Still too fats??
Tks in advance

NhuTD.jpg

Jackster

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
8/1/17
Paradise! (SE Qld)
yllekp Thanks for an awesome thread, I am now lusting after a 5513 and I’ve only had my 16610 for a day. I now realise what my friends Rolex is now, I never had the nerve to ask since he knows I wear reps and to be honest I try and avoid the conversation. Maybe now I can approach him about it, I’d love to hold it in my hand to feel it. I’ve just put my 116610 up for sale as I think the vintage look is calling me, i’m a ‘66 model so maybe something like the first matte meters would suit me! Thanks again, great work everyone!

cheld

Renowned Member
Supporter
7/3/18
yllekp Thanks for an awesome thread, I am now lusting after a 5513 and I’ve only had my 16610 for a day. I now realise what my friends Rolex is now, I never had the nerve to ask since he knows I wear reps and to be honest I try and avoid the conversation. Maybe now I can approach him about it, I’d love to hold it in my hand to feel it. I’ve just put my 116610 up for sale as I think the vintage look is calling me, i’m a ‘66 model so maybe something like the first matte meters would suit me! Thanks again, great work everyone!

Be sure to check out http://www.5513mattedial.com/MetersFirst.html

Norrie

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
24/5/12
I like this thread a lot. Was thinking of buying a gen but that is, evidentiary, fraught with danger.

Waspy

Renowned Member
18/8/14
Wiltshire

Great thread yllekp.

Forgive my noobness.

I am curious how your watch(es) (and some others) have a metal border on the hour markers but the ones you can actually buy e.g. from MR do not. Have you sourced these dials elsewhere?

I'm guessing the different dials are year specific?

With regard to the rivet bracelets, I notice that eBay seller Riyi is actually Riyi002.

Riyi002 rivet bracelets do not appear to have a coronet on the clasp, however 'rafflesdials' rivet bracelets do (in fact Riyi002 does not appear to have a Rolex clasp at all).

There is similarity in the description blurb from both sellers (strange).

In fact both sellers describe the bracelet in their original descriptions as suitable for a 36mm Explorer but then they go on to say they will fit the 14060 & 16610
Submariner with 20mm lugs size and other watch of same style and size, but they do not mention the 5513

Keep up the good work dude :)

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Great thread yllekp.

Forgive my noobness.

I am curious how your watch(es) (and some others) have a metal border on the hour markers but the ones you can actually buy e.g. from MR do not. Have you sourced these dials elsewhere?

I'm guessing the different dials are year specific?

With regard to the rivet bracelets, I notice that eBay seller Riyi is actually Riyi002.

Riyi002 rivet bracelets do not appear to have a coronet on the clasp, however 'rafflesdials' rivet bracelets do (in fact Riyi002 does not appear to have a Rolex clasp at all).

There is similarity in the description blurb from both sellers (strange).

In fact both sellers describe the bracelet in their original descriptions as suitable for a 36mm Explorer but then they go on to say they will fit the 14060 & 16610
Submariner with 20mm lugs size and other watch of same style and size, but they do not mention the 5513

Keep up the good work dude :)

Mine is a Gen gloss dial with white gold surrounds circa. 1984

Riyi if you ask him for a branded one he will just ask you to pay the buy it now price. There is no difference between raffles and Riyi from what I can tell.

Waspy

Renowned Member
18/8/14
Wiltshire
Mine is a Gen gloss dial with white gold surrounds circa. 1984

Riyi if you ask him for a branded one he will just ask you to pay the buy it now price. There is no difference between raffles and Riyi from what I can tell.

Good to know because Riyi is cheaper.

So then, it seems it's not possible to buy a watch like yours OTB, or even a 14060.
So if I want one, I would have to franken it myself (unlikely) or catch one in M2M.

But having said that, a JKF 5513 with a rivet bracelet is still a nice thing, and with the 2813 option, not a whole lot of money.

Love your new avatar by the way :) Father Ted Xmas Special where they get trapped in a woman's underwear shop LOL

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16

Hello!

great subs you got there!

That one on the left looks special to me, is that a 14060 2liner dial fitted into a 5513 case? Looks amazing! The dial markers round the edge nice and close looks great!