• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob v9 just appeared

Mru86

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/8/16
what is fine for you, can be not good for another
Get the watchm enjoy it, and if datewheel troubles you get a gen
But do not listen to others, you are the judge

i hear you. i just dont want it to be called out by anyone. more curious if the dw is close to gen if not i will get one. thanks

dom1986

Renowned Member
20/1/15
I guess the move is to just sit tight and enjoy our recess-less v9’s and when they start coming out all with good recessed links try to by a v9 bracelet (then maybe cry when it arrives and we still have no recess). I love kind and if I didn’t know it had messed up end links I’d be completely happy.

All in all the v9 is good, the sels and insert could and should be better. The fact that noob have stated the sel has improved pisses me off, because the improvements are so minor. mine does have a recess but its not as much as gen. its not a massive thing, but ARF got both bang on. Why cant noob? Infact no...Dont answer.... we will be here all week debating noobs inconsistencies lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nivka

dom1986

Renowned Member
20/1/15
i hear you. i just dont want it to be called out by anyone. more curious if the dw is close to gen if not i will get one. thanks

Dw on noob is better than ARF. ARF is larger and less close to gen. ARF insert is closer to gen than noob.

Pro’s and cons to both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
OK, I know it probably seems like I have a one-track mind, but am I wrong that pretty much every V9 I see posted has SELs that are not offset deep enough compared to gen? Many of them (like the hulk above) are at least not flush (which is good), but the gens usually seem to be recessed more like around a quarter millimeter and the step is much more noticeable. No?

Gen 116610LN:
Gen_116610_LN_10.jpg

Before you get into this 98 percent of v9 subs from 2 dealers that I will not name any more. The sel is recessed like gen or v6s

Reactions: Nivka

SeikoFan

10/5/18
United States
Before you get into this 98 percent of v9 subs from 2 dealers that I will not name any more. The sel is recessed like gen or v6s

A LOT of people (including me) have purchased from Ken/Ryan (the 2 dealers) and posted their pics here and their SELs don't look anything like gen - to my eye anyway. In fact, I'm not sure if I've seen a single V9 posted in this thread that looks like the gen that I posted above (in terms of SEL fitment).

I think the lugs/SELs on the V9's from Ken/Ryan are perhaps better (than in past versions), but I have yet to see one that I think looks great. But I am admittedly a complete newbie here, and am open to being told I've got it all wrong.

Last edited:

pengo

I'm Pretty Popular
11/7/15
Good afternoon tell me please where it is better to order a watch V9?

In the replica V9 can I dive and swim? Did anyone really try it in water (diving)?

1. intime or chazingtime

2. have it testet for WR100m and you are fine for swimming. (most pass the WR100m)

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
OK, I know it probably seems like I have a one-track mind, but am I wrong that pretty much every V9 I see posted has SELs that are not offset deep enough compared to gen? Many of them (like the hulk above) are at least not flush (which is good), but the gens usually seem to be recessed more like around a quarter millimeter and the step is much more noticeable. No?

Gen 116610LN:
Gen_116610_LN_10.jpg
Look my V7 no date...sel are perfect!!!
5c393a996655b9f21eccbfc61fb8416e.jpg
6083ae775e8e3a005202548ceac2af92.jpg
d9a0e9e7161455c5bdb1bed1795dec51.jpg

Inviato dal mio SM-N950F utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: electric and pengo

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Everything aid. Our watches are Clone. I do not believe they actually car if they are water proff.

We are very lucky that companies like Noob and ARF?JF and made exact replica came out that kind of were out the gate sealed.

I can fell you that both the 116610LN from ARF and Noob cleared 3 bar with flying colors. After taken apart and put real crystal and clean and lub gaskets, still will be sealed. By deisgne our watches are waterproof. As long as the gackets are there. They will be amazing. No. good cleaning and oiling these phones are sick for depth. I have seen then pass 10 bar with out issue. I have seen my 166610 go past 300 feet with out one issue. That was with just a real rolex crystal and rea gasket. I used the case back gasket that came with the watch asme with the crown. I did pull out the tube and loctite so I do the same on each of the locking screws.

Hope this helps.

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
A LOT of people (including me) have purchased from Ken/Ryan (the 2 dealers) and posted their pics here and their SELs don't look anything like gen - to my eye anyway. In fact, I'm not sure if I've seen a single V9 posted in this thread that looks like the gen that I posted above (in terms of SEL fitment).

I think the lugs/SELs on the V9's from Ken/Ryan are perhaps better (than in past versions), but I have yet to see one that I think looks great. But I am admittedly a complete newbie here, and am open to being told I've got it all wrong.

You got it wrong dude. Not sure what your expectations are but most real v9 subs have sel like the v6s.qc dependant

Reactions: electric

focus66

19/8/12
Right now intime is giving me a hard time with qc. They sent me pics of an example with asymmetrical lugs. I rejected. They then sent me some additional pics ONLY from the sels/lugs, claiming this was a new watch. Sel was protruding above the lug on one side on these pics and i havent seen the entire watch now. Which doesnt really matter because this issue alone is not acceptable. And now they are like "take this or get the f*ck out of here..."
Is chazing a little less arrogant and willing to help find a good one?

DC109

Renowned Member
21/7/12
Right now intime is giving me a hard time with qc. They sent me pics of an example with asymmetrical lugs. I rejected. They then sent me some additional pics ONLY from the sels/lugs, claiming this was a new watch. Sel was protruding above the lug on one side on these pics and i havent seen the entire watch now. Which doesnt really matter because this issue alone is not acceptable. And now they are like "take this or get the f*ck out of here..."

Stock is short and they want to get through the back log of customers. When they have a ton of people in line behind you, it can be frustrating to go through multiple watches with just you, even though that's what QC is for, and it's your right to be picky. Just be polite and patient, and make clear that if they need to bump you lower on the list--like to the next batch, which they did to me when I rejected a single watch for an insert that was totally F'ed--that you'd rather wait and get a good one.

SeikoFan

10/5/18
United States
You got it wrong dude. Not sure what your expectations are but most real v9 subs have sel like the v6s.qc dependant

Could you point to a watch in this thread that you have verified as a legit V9 that has SEL fitment that looks anything like gen? I do not recall seeing one. Marco177's V7 no-date looks good, of course that's a V7 so isn't on point for my question.

In this post the SEL depth looks very good, but Princewilliam seemed to indicate it was a V6S later in post #85?

You posted these live pics of a V9, but SELs look nearly flush to me.

You commented about these pics and said "sharp recessed sel", but without an angle shot I don't see it. I know your eye is a million times more experienced than mine so perhaps you can tell without an angle shot.

You called this watch a "real v9" but I see no way to tell if the SEL are recessed and if so, by how much. They look fairly flush but it's really impossible for me to judge with this angle.

You called the one in this post "a perfect V9" and in one of the photos it looks like maybe the bottom is a little recessed but the top looks pretty flush. Again, not a good angle to judge.

There are numerous examples of watches you've validated to be good examples of a V9, but since the QC shots never seem to include an angle that lets you see SEL depth (intentionally by dealers) it is almost impossible for me to gauge. I got "V9" from Ryan, and would definitely not say the SEL depth is "like gen".

Here is one of my QC photos:

Img_2450x.png

Good V9?

But here's what it looks like when shot at an angle that lets you directly assess SEL depth:

Bottom_SEL.png

Now compare that with gen:

Gen_116610_LN_10.jpg

Is my notion of what gen should look like all wrong? Is the picture above a good representation of gen? If so, is there a single V9 in this topic with SEL fitment that looks like that?

If I'm all wet that's cool - I'm just trying to learn here - and you're clearly the guru - but I'm not seeing SEL depth in any of these watches you've verified as perfect V9. If it's just that you have a practiced eye and I don't and you can tell from a straight on that it's good and I can't, then I have to accept that. But since all the other V9 QC pics look like mine (to my uneducated eye) I assume they all fit like mine and mine seem to be too flush.

SeikoFan

10/5/18
United States

Perhaps a different issue than what you're describing, but my lugs on my Noob V9 from Intime are not all the same either. The bottom lugs are the best of the 4 and the SEL recesses slightly and both are the same (but SEL doesn't recess enough in my opinion). With the top lugs the upper left results in the SEL being completely flush if not ever so slightly higher than the lug, and the upper right is probably about flush.

I doubt anybody would notice unless they were scrutinizing the thing closely, but improving the SEL recess has become a bit of an obsession for me now (clearly).

I'm sure I will do another rep at some point and now I know to ask for angle shots of all 4 lugs during QC.