• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob v9 just appeared

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Arrive today...V9!!!
dc0b6b9055d1b9c0be9c72c11143931b.jpg
5c9424fb689b910319bfa337569be121.jpg

Inviato dal mio SM-N950F utilizzando Tapatalk

SeikoFan

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/5/18
United States
OK, I know it probably seems like I have a one-track mind, but am I wrong that pretty much every V9 I see posted has SELs that are not offset deep enough compared to gen? Many of them (like the hulk above) are at least not flush (which is good), but the gens usually seem to be recessed more like around a quarter millimeter and the step is much more noticeable. No?

Gen 116610LN:
Gen_116610_LN_10.jpg

Reactions: pengo and Mickki

English Gent

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
10/7/14
Gen :) That I was trying to tell you, Mr. Frutiger:blush:

well it just goes to show how bad Rolex really are, shame people here want them so much and go into such detail, when even Rolex cant be bothered. BTW Im more of a Mr Edward Johnston... being English and all..lol

English Gent

Banned
10/7/14
Wrong the logo on the dial is not supposed to look like that other dial. The v9 logo looks like the dial its replicated. The dial is from 2017/18 And is not period correct for the noob v9 case or the v8

not sure if it matters if Im wrong on it being period correct, it looks terrible, with awful kerning, not to mention the printing is so sloppy it has no sharp edges etc. (yes I know reps never get that 3d printing effect)

fact is, it looks nothing like the BRAND Rolex logo. and someone at Rolex should be shot, in my business if I changed the brand logo for a poor typed out in word version, with bad spacing and wrong font I would be shot..

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Rolex change the dial fonts and layouts around twice a year if I had to guess going by how many dials there are .I have every single one listed

English Gent

Banned
10/7/14
Rolex change the dial fonts and layouts around twice a year if I had to guess going by how many dials there are .I have every single one listed

maybe that explains why Rolex official photos always have the logo not showing properly, everyone knows to photograph a watch with 10.09 on the hands but Rolex always seem to get the second hand in the way..lol

English Gent

Banned
10/7/14
maybe that explains why Rolex official photos always have the logo not showing properly, everyone knows to photograph a watch with 10.09 on the hands but Rolex always seem to get the second hand in the way..lol

thats the offical pic on Rolex site and even that the crown on the rehaut isnt straight

DC109

Renowned Member
21/7/12
SeikoFan I share the hangup about SEL fit, especially if they are uneven, even if all a little recessed. But I have seen a lot of gems that are only barely recessed, pretty much just like Marco’s above. I’m waiting on a replacement V9, having rejected QC for a totally F’ed up insert. When I get it, I’ll accept as long as the lugs are symmetrical and the SEL is even a hair recessed.

Unless anyone here is bored of their ok-lugs V9 yet and wants to sell it to me for a premium!

71bucks

18/5/10
On my V9 the end links are flush with the top sides of the lugs. If I put a 1.7mm springbar in and push down they look fine. I could epoxy them in, I guess...but that just feels like asking for a screw up.

Is it the bracelet or the case causing this flush link fit issue? If the bracelet, maybe I can try and order another (just the bracelet)?

dom1986

Renowned Member
20/1/15
On my V9 the end links are flush with the top sides of the lugs. If I put a 1.7mm springbar in and push down they look fine. I could epoxy them in, I guess...but that just feels like asking for a screw up.

Is it the bracelet or the case causing this flush link fit issue? If the bracelet, maybe I can try and order another (just the bracelet)?

I think its the bracelet. i done this last night, it has too much play in the sel with a 1.7mm in so you would need to pack it out. It looks perfect from the top. However, the sel isnt flush then to the caseback underneath as you explain.

Either way, noob havent done enough with the sels on the v9, they should not be flush there is a good 1-2mm below on a gen hulk. The fact that we have to perform such mods is a piss take for me. Still - it doesnt look really bad, Just not as gen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ep1c

Horology Curious
15/6/18
Good afternoon tell me please where it is better to order a watch V9?

In the replica V9 can I dive and swim? Did anyone really try it in water (diving)?

NoahT

7/6/18
well it just goes to show how bad Rolex really are, shame people here want them so much and go into such detail, when even Rolex cant be bothered. BTW Im more of a Mr Edward Johnston... being English and all..lol

Actually their design policy is really annoying. Perhaps they try to make mischief in the repscene. Seems that every model has it's own genflaws so it's harder to copy.

BTW I'm from Germany. We like the more straight lines:angel:

71bucks

18/5/10
I think its the bracelet. i done this last night, it has too much play in the sel with a 1.7mm in so you would need to pack it out. It looks perfect from the top. However, the sel isnt flush then to the caseback underneath as you explain.

Either way, noob havent done enough with the sels on the v9, they should not be flush there is a good 1-2mm below on a gen hulk. The fact that we have to perform such mods is a piss take for me. Still - it doesnt look really bad, Just not as gen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess the move is to just sit tight and enjoy our recess-less v9’s and when they start coming out all with good recessed links try to by a v9 bracelet (then maybe cry when it arrives and we still have no recess). I love kind and if I didn’t know it had messed up end links I’d be completely happy.

HAS17HA

28/11/17
Good afternoon tell me please where it is better to order a watch V9?

In the replica V9 can I dive and swim? Did anyone really try it in water (diving)?

When it comes to whom to buy it from, you have to do bit of reading on this thread, the two TDs are mentioned numerous times here.
And the water resistance, all reps comes with bare minimum of that, to get to the level that you can at least take it swimming, you have to reinforce that with silicon grease by modding the watch.

Mru86

7/8/16
guys do we think a gen dw will make a diff or is current dw fine