• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Beware buying items from mr.

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
I've never understood the issue with sending the watch back to the dealer. I've done so very successfully in the past and ultimately received the watches I've sent back in a perfect, repaired condition. Fair enough, I prefer to send watches to a local watchsmith when it's a cheap repair, but if it's likely to be more complex and expensive fix on a brand new watch, I see nothing wrong in sending it back to China. And if a dealer offers a one year guarantee, I'd expect them to honour it (as, in my opinion, MR is).

However OP, what you absolutely don't do is spit your dummy out of the pram at the first disagreement with the TD. You should have got a mod involved. If after their involvement you still have no luck, then post a pissy thread, but not before then. Because whilst I don't agree with a lot of the abuse you've been getting, you are absolutely right to be criticised for the way you've gone about this. Your entire post doesn't have the feel of someone trying to enlighten other members, it seems like you're trying to shame a TD into doing what you want without going through the official channels.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Had my local watch maker look at my watch that keeps stopping and found the watch was OVERBANKING

thus causing the watch to stop.

MR said he doesnt even know what OVERBANKING and doesnt care to research it.

Holy crapolla ! I don't know what OVERBANKING is either - and guess what, just like the TD, I'm not a watch smith either.

Just in case you still haven't understood - the TDs don't make the watches, they aren't watch smiths - they are what is known as VENDORS.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Yep. well MR has my watch still, and still trying to insist to me that there is no issue. pretty bad service. lets see if he is willing to man up and take responsibility.

So MR still has your watch, but you've just taken it to a local watch smith who says it's overbanking, and now you're waiting for MR to man up.

Doesn't make a lot of sense all this - why not just have your watch smith repair the watch and show the bill to MR and ask him to contribute to it ?

Much less fun than systematically complaining like most noobs do, but far more efficient in the long run if you are looking for a solution - you are looking for a solution, aren't you ?

Thuen88

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/11/16
Holy crapolla ! I don't know what OVERBANKING is either - and guess what, just like the TD, I'm not a watch smith either.

Just in case you still haven't understood - the TDs don't make the watches, they aren't watch smiths - they are what is known as VENDORS.

A simple 5 seconds Google search will tell you ;)

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
My attitude is not the problem here. Have you read all comments and all the personal attacks against me about my intelligence and stupidness? It's totaly unessesary. Im so glad ive got a bunch of PMs supporting me including some info on how this site is actually runned. I began to lose my mind a little reading all those ilogical opinions one by one.

These would be PMs from '20-Post-Wonders' who claim that the TDs on this forum pay to be here, is that correct ?

Keep on going - you're digging yourself a nice deep hole there.

Thuen88

3/11/16
Nope not from him, and i`ve got several PMs not just one. I`ve already gave up on this hostile environment where TDs are overprotected, buyers aren`t allowed to criticize bad experiences with them in a review section, and personal attacks are more than welcome. Its a shame really, i found this place decent at first, but when its filled with douchebags like Daft Punk i don`t want to be a part of it.

Daft_Punk

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/16
Nope not from him, and i`ve got several PMs not just one. I`ve already gave up on this hostile environment where TDs are overprotected, buyers aren`t allowed to criticize bad experiences with them in a review section, and personal attacks are more than welcome. Its a shame really, i found this place decent at first, but when its filled with douchebags like Daft Punk i don`t want to be a part of it.

Your English just gets better and better. Thanks for the call out though ... so much for trying to explain so you might actually learn something along the way. PS. Google Snowflake on your way out

Thuen88

3/11/16
Thanks man :) My English is definitely improving day by day :) To bad i cant do much about my low IQ :/

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
I see your frustration and know this does happen from time to time. It happened to me quite early on in my rep buying life and handling it a different way not only resolved the problem at low expense but has brought benefits in building the relationship with the TD.

What I've found is if you are reasonable and offer to meet in the middle then they will generally work with you. There are forum accredited modders/watchsmiths here and trusted posters within the community that will offer their help at very reasonable costs. By working with one of these and providing clarity on the issue with the watch, I then worked out a discount off my next purchase to around 3/4 of the value of the repair with the TD. This cut out the issue of the watch going back to China and never being seen again. Yes it involved a small extra investment on my part but this happens sometimes. Certainly nothing like the $250 you banded about, a full movement service doesn't even cost that.

By having a good attitude and embracing the community you save and gain far more than you lose in paying a small repair charge for one watch that your TD will probably offset with a discount off future purchase anyway if you approach them calmly and not fly off the handle.

If the TD doesn't offer that then you can at least go to a mod and they will mediate from there. Then you can put it down to experience and try another TD. You don't need to come on here and cause loads of drama, actually it doesn't really help because most people will read it and think it says more about you than the seller, and that's not just fellow buyers that are thinking this it's other TD's and modders whos help you may need in the future. Soon you've made yourself persona non grata all over one silly little repair and haven't actually fulfilled what should he your primary objective - getting the watch fixed, at least cost and disruption possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
That is a winder that simulate slow movements. How can that machine replicate realistic usage of the watch?
Anyway if you refuse to test the watch more thourouly just send it back, and i will send a video to you when i get it back.

And why post the emails ? That is a private conversation between a seller and his customer.

Did the op read the rules?..... what a b%_llsit . You buy a rep costing 400 dollar and expect the same testing as a 5000 dollar watch? First go talk with the seller and look for a solution. If you both not come to an agreement, contact staff for help as is usual on all repfora.....you started posting your frustration immediately which is a very bad start....yes the seller has a business, but you bought an illegal item and the seller is selling it so you should have followed the forumrules. Testing on the wrist?????? What a laugh, no company does that.

Last edited:

MReplica

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
31/3/09
Seems you know so much about that forum and had no idea at all I banned that forum. Funny you!

MR is mr nice guy, until he has the money in his pocket. After you paid the guy transforms into a rude asshole. Banned as TD from the Dutch forum after several nasty problems with him. Will never buy from him aggain.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Thuen88

3/11/16
This will be my last post here before i will post the video showing how easy it is to spot the issue with the watch. He didnt have to put it on the machine or test it on the wrist. He simply had to just start the watch and look at it for a couple seconds before spotting the issue. The issue is that noticeable. When he didnt spot the issue, i got frustrated, because it means that he most likely never bother testing the watch at all, and i wanted other potential buyers to know this. As for my attitude, thats nothing compare to the people attacking me personally and every other member that post something negative about a TD.

Good bye to you all.

MReplica

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
31/3/09
Movement repair is free from the factory. It costs me nothing here to ask the factory to fix the problems.
The point is that these two buyers are telling me their watches won't work.

I tested the day date for 15 days the first time it was returned. Working. Now it is back again. Consulting one watch smith from US now to know further how to describe his problems to the factory since it's working at my hands obviously.

I tested the Sub here too. After the first test over, this great buyer screamed I won't fix his watch since it worked for 45 hours. Maybe by further testing the problem could show up. I clearly told him will test further.

Last edited:

Thuen88

3/11/16
I asked you to simply start and stop the watch 10 times or so as the problem is most noticeable then, and you replyed i already started the watch in the beginning, and that you only will test the watch on your machine. You didnt seem to be cooperative with my request. If you spot the issue then great i will apologize for this, but i got a really bad feeling when you didnt spot the issue right away.

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
I asked you to simply start and stop the watch 10 times or so as the problem is most noticeable then, and you replyed i already started the watch in the beginning, and that you only will test the watch on your machine. You didnt seem to be cooperative with my request. If you spot the issue then great i will apologize for this, but i got a really bad feeling when you didnt spot the issue right away.

Would love to know what rolex would answer if you write things like this as your method is not the standard testing method for a chronometer - why the hell would a watch run on a 3.000$ (or less) winding machine that it is part of the COSC standard procedure but not on your wrist properly?

you said that the machine doesn't imitate fast changes in the position of the watch or shakes like on the wrist - but there goes the question - couldn't a gen rolex have the same issue like your watch and no one would notice because there will be nobody that is willing to wear your broken watch as it is not part of the standard procedure.

there is more to do than repairing only your watch...

Thuen88

3/11/16
For the love of god, you dont even need to wear it ffs. Read what i say. When a watch stops 9/10 times after 10 seconds over a monthly period with heavy testing, would you say the problem is easy noticeable and doesnt require much testing at all?

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
What happened to, 'This will be my last post here until I post the video.'

LOL! Verbal diarrhea!

Reactions: BIONONE