• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Beware buying items from mr.

Thuen88

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/11/16
Okey im the idiot for pointing out that MR 1 year warranty is questionable, as did OP. The idiots in here is the ones that attacks me personally and call me stupid etc.
And everyone dont agree with you..

Last edited:

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Whether it's right or wrong there are many things in the rep world that you need to take with a grain of salt. There are no 1:1 reps despite most TDs advertising that the watch they are selling is 1:1. If a watch is advertised as taking gen parts that doesn't necessarily mean gen parts will actually fit on your rep. Just because the sales ad says your watch is "waterproofed to 30m direct from factory" doesn't mean you can even wash your hands while wearing the watch until the watch is tested. A 1 year warranty doesn't mean a TD will replace a watch if it fails within the first year of ownership. There are many more issues and they are covered in detail in various threads on RWI. I don't think anybody is an "idiot' or "stupid." There are just many noobs who have not done much reading.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Okey im the idiot for pointing out that MR 1 year warranty is questionable, as did OP. The idiots in here is the ones that attacks me personally and call me stupid etc.
And everyone dont agree with you..

You cant say attackS me and call me it the same sentence , and you cant say idiots is , it would be idiots are ......

Thuen88

3/11/16
You cant say attackS me and call me it the same sentence , and you cant say idiots is , it would be idiots are ......

Come on dude. Now i get attacks for my bad english. Its not my native language, so i wont type perfect. You as a mod should know this is a forum for people all around the world. Do you expect everyone to type perfect english ?

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Come on dude. Now i get attacks for my bad english. Its not my native language, so i wont type perfect.

MY english sucks too, and it IS my native language , well actually my spelling sucks , i was trying to ruffle your feathers a bit ! :)

Lighten up a bit :D

Thuen88

3/11/16
Its impossible for me to lighten up a bit in this environment were i get personal attacks for enlighten people about using the warranty MR provides. As i said MR was a joy to buy from, but i will not recommend anyone using his warranty. Thats all. This is a review section, and writing this should be okey. Maybe i was naive thinking he ment he would change the movement for free, but i trusted him. I strongly believe im not the only person that would do that.

Reactions: JDM180

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Ok , well dont lighten up then , im sorry if i offended you with my teasing , i wont joke with you again .......

enjoy RWI

Reactions: Tigerdragon

Thuen88

3/11/16
You didnt, but other people did so sorry for not laughing at your joke. Im sure you ment well.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Not the greastest example ive read in my life.

I knew the risk, what i dont understand is why its okey for a trusted dealer to offer 1 year warranty, when he is not. It's missleading and he shouldnt include that if he dont bother checking the watch.
Im pretty sure new customers want to know that, and dont mind reading it here more direcly. You are basicly admitting that some people dont read the sticky notes, meaning its nessesary to write it here as well.

He offered a 1 year warranty on the watch he sold you, he accepted the watch back and according to the tests he's run on it, it's working normally - so he has honoured his warranty.

No manufacturer replaces a faulty watch movement, or a faulty car engine etc - they are repaired. You asked for a new movement in the watch - an unreasonable request even for manufacturers of genuine brands.

When the watch arrives back to you, post a video of the malfunction so that we can all see - and apologise to you.

Reactions: machim and capice

Thuen88

3/11/16
Sorry i ment repair not a new movement. I never demanded a new one from him. He offered a repair when i told him about the problem and i applied.

Anyway sure im gonna post a video to show how easy it is to spot the malfunction, but i dont expect an apology from you. I hope MR would offer something, but my expectations are low.

gavmeister

I'm Pretty Popular
27/5/16
Gosh, it's still happening. People don't read stickies and don't understand what a warranty is.
Ok, a warranty is basically a comfort that if something goes wrong the seller of the product will take a look at the watch and see if they can arrange for the manufacturer to repair the issue. As a buyer YOU ALWAYS have to take the product in to the seller. Hence, you need to send the product to the dealer. Most dealers I have dealt with have sent the repaired watch back to me at their cost some have included the repaired watch with my next order...

But seriously OP, if you had done a basic level of reading you would have figured out very quickly that if you are having an issue with a TD you FIRST contact a MOD before 'bashing' a TD. There are TWO reasons for following this route.

The first is obvious, the strength of numbers in our forum carries weight with the TD and they will try a bit harder to please you as they run the risk of an AUTHORISED and SUPPORTED (by the MODS) negative review...TD's will always try and avoid this outcome as THAT supported review will lead to lost income.
The second reason should now be obvious to you. If you don't follow these rules or protocols it shows the membership that you do not respect our processes and hence the lack of respect is returned to you. Follow the process and things work out much better in the long run and you get to enjoy this hobby for all its worth.

I do think you will find that if you manage to get over this glitch in your attitude and embrace this as an enjoyable HOBBY rather than having scored the deal of a lifetime in getting a $10,000 watch for $3000 that you will begin the love affair we have with these watches. Some of us own well over twenty or more watches and so are not so testy when one goes wrong.

Try rereading the comments of those members who have been here much longer than you and you will realise in time they were actually trying to help you.

Reactions: Lariram

Thuen88

3/11/16
My attitude is not the problem here. Have you read all comments and all the personal attacks against me about my intelligence and stupidness? It's totaly unessesary. Im so glad ive got a bunch of PMs supporting me including some info on how this site is actually runned. I began to lose my mind a little reading all those ilogical opinions one by one.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
My attitude is not the problem here. Have you read all comments and all the personal attacks against me about my intelligence and stupidness? It's totaly unessesary. Im so glad ive got a bunch of PMs supporting me including some info on how this site is actually runned. I began to lose my mind a little reading all those ilogical opinions one by one.

I wish those PM'ers would sack up and post their opinions on the thread.

Thuen88

3/11/16
Why ? So they will get flamed as well in this toxic environment where you get personal attacks for criticising a TD in a review section , and people claiming i dont know how an automatic watch work without ever seeing the watch itself ?

Last edited:

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Why ? So they will get flamed as well in this toxic environment where you get personal attacks for criticising a TD in a review section , and people claiming i dont know how an automatic watch work without ever seeing the watch itself ?

Lighten up Francis. We're just talking about a fake, Chinese-made watch. It's not worth all the angst.

HOTROLEX

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
19/8/17
Yep. well MR has my watch still, and still trying to insist to me that there is no issue. pretty bad service. lets see if he is willing to man up and take responsibility.

Reactions: btoxxahn

HOTROLEX

Banned
19/8/17
i'm literally experiencing the same thing. I bought a watch with a movement that stops all the time, and he refuse to fix it because the watch doesnt stop on his machine. I will post a video proving the issue when i get the watch in return, because its so ridiculously easy to capture on film.

He was a joy to buy from and communitaction when smothly, but when it comes to his warranty he is not the same person.

Trusted dealer hey ??? hmmmm

Reactions: btoxxahn

HOTROLEX

Banned
19/8/17
mr is mr nice guy, until he has the money in his pocket. After you paid the guy transforms into a rude asshole. Banned as td from the dutch forum after several nasty problems with him. Will never buy from him aggain.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iphone met tapatalk

very interesting...

HOTROLEX

Banned
19/8/17
Had my local watch maker look at my watch that keeps stopping and found the watch was OVERBANKING

thus causing the watch to stop.

MR said he doesnt even know what OVERBANKING and doesnt care to research it.