• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Beware buying items from mr.

Testone72

Renowned Member
8/3/18
Well as fruitless as this may be, perhaps it hits home with just one new person interested in replicas.

First Dealers don't make the watches factories do, and they do so in less than ideal conditions, These are not made in a lab. So hanging crap on a dealer for watch defects is just simply wrong, in fact they should get credit for having a difficult job to do in the first place, selling imperfect products to people seeking perfection in what is clearly a REPLICA, so with expectations that do not match reality there is often strife.

These are not manufactured by your local better business bureau. These guys might not exist in a year ..so your one year warranty is not why you should be buying CHINESE REPLICAS ! If you want a warranty for $300 dollars go BUY A SEIKO

$300 USD is a lot of money, however it is also a lot less than $10,000 or more, so your expectations should be reflected in exchange. If most new members spent more time reading and learning about their potential purchase they would more often than not understand what they are purchasing. So if $300 is more than you can really afford to invest in what really is a Chinese knock off of a Swiss time piece than perhaps you should reconsider.

This forum is more than a place to find 'the best sub'. It is a place with many knowledgeable members whom share their fast knowledge of these time pieces we all appreciate. however may not be able to afford straight from the original manufacturer. There is a shared passion isn creating or 'replicating' these as best we can. for fun. for appreciation etc.

Spending time bemoaning the faults in these REPLICAS really misses the point. Finding faults for improvement certainly moves the products forward. Sharing our knowledge and our passion is why most are here.

The more time you spend learning .. the less time you will spend creating threads like this, and the more time you will spend enjoying what you eventually purchased because you will clearly understand what you got yourself into before rushing off to buy a 1:! replica with unrealistic expectations.

Hopefully one person reads this and gets the point, and I am positive that person will become a long time member.

As for me I still ahve lots to learn and ask more questions than have answers ... but that's why I am here. To learn.

I Agree with you, but not 100%
True, paying 300$ is not the same paying 10.000. With $10.000 I should expect the perfection, with $300 not for sure...but the watch should be fine, and worked fine with 300$ value also...

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: btoxxahn

stig666

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/2/16
MR is mr nice guy, until he has the money in his pocket. After you paid the guy transforms into a rude asshole. Banned as TD from the Dutch forum after several nasty problems with him. Will never buy from him aggain.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

I don't like your attitude - this is your first and last post in this thread. You got something to say about an RWI TD then you start your own thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: btoxxahn

Thuen88

3/11/16
This is the kind of info new customers desverve to know. If he is banned in another replica forum people should know that.

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
Then why offer a 1 year warranty in the first place ?

Whats the point of this review section if its not alowed to post critic reviews ? Unaware people deserv to know this kind of things before buying. His 1 year warranty is not good so people should get the opportunity to know that. As i said earlier he is a great guy to buy from, but i can't just post my positive thoughs when dealing with him.

Our hope is that unaware people such as yourself will read the sticky threads and other valuable information on this forum before deciding if the replica hobby is right for them. But we accept that many people, such as yourself, will never bother to read and learn, or are simply not capable of understanding the content.

What I mean to say is that your critical review was not necessary in that sense because what you hoped to inform people of has been documented many times over

Sent from the RWI App

Thuen88

3/11/16
Can you tell me the point of having this review section If stuff like this is necessary to write ? I mean every critical post in here get flamed with personal attacks about peoples intelligence and stupidness. But i guess you can't hope for more in a forum based on illegal items.

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
Can you tell me the point of having this review section If stuff like this is necessary to write ? I mean every critical post in here get flamed with personal attacks about people intelligence and stupidness. But i guess you can't hope for more in a forum based on illegal items.

This section is for reviews.

I’ll try to explain the problem with an example, but don’t read too much into it. Imagine you order a new car from China and hope that your new car will be 400 HP, go 250 mph, and take corners like a race car. But you didn’t realize there is a sticky note which states that the engine in your car will not have any of the previously mention qualities, in fact it will likely need an oil change and new spark plugs to function well. So a few weeks later you get your new car and take it to the track only to realize it does not run. So, in the hopes to spare others the hassle you decide to leave a review to let the public know that for $10,000 they won’t be receiving a Ferrari. What you don’t realize is that everybody else already read the sticky threads and knows what they will or will not receive from China, therefore your review is unnecessary and misleading.

Sorry, I shouldn’t say everybody knows. There are always and will always be a handful of people that will never read the sticky threads or do their research. You’ll see that some of them will pop up in this thread and make a statement about the hobby or the dealer which indicates that they have no clue what they are talking about.

Sent from the RWI App

Thuen88

3/11/16
Not the greastest example ive read in my life.

I knew the risk, what i dont understand is why its okey for a trusted dealer to offer 1 year warranty, when he is not. It's missleading and he shouldnt include that if he dont bother checking the watch.
Im pretty sure new customers want to know that, and dont mind reading it here more direcly. You are basicly admitting that some people dont read the sticky notes, meaning its nessesary to write it here as well.

Daft_Punk

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/16
This is the kind of info new customers desverve to know. If he is banned in another replica forum people should know that.

Why not consider for just one second that two very well respected members here Maron and tripdog with what, 15,000 posts perhaps know more than you and your reference with about 60 posts combined ...

You simply do not know what you are talking about ... you can either genuinely try to understand what these members are trying to explain to you as I also have, which obviously is a waste of time. MR has been here for a long time and for good reason ... you however have been here ten minutes and this is your contribution to date.

So you are either just stupid, sorry or simply belligerent .. either way ... the result is the same.

Perhaps Tucker will be able to explain things to you where we have failed ...

Reactions: capice

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
That is a winder that simulate slow movements. How can that machine replicate realistic usage of the watch?
No that is a cyclotest, it is the world standard instrument for testing automatic watches. It is what gen makers use to test for correct functioning of automatic winding bridges. If it works on that it is working as it is supposed to. What do you do for a job? Just how much do you move about during the day?

Reactions: Maron

Thuen88

3/11/16
Why not consider for just one second that two very well respected members here Maron and tripdog with what, 15,000 posts perhaps know more than you and your reference with about 60 posts combined ...

You simply do not know what you are talking about ... you can either genuinely try to understand what these members are trying to explain to you as I also have, which obviously is a waste of time. MR has been here for a long time and for good reason ... you however have been here ten minutes and this is your contribution to date.

So you are either just stupid, sorry or simply belligerent .. either way ... the result is the same.

Perhaps Tucker will be able to explain things to you where we have failed ...

What is your problem ? To bad this forum is filled with idiots like you, because you do nothing but attack people personally.

Thuen88

3/11/16
No that is a cyclotest, it is the world standard instrument for testing automatic watches. It is what gen makers use to test for correct functioning of automatic winding bridges. If it works on that it is working as it is supposed to. What do you do for a job? Just how much do you move about during the day?

I know how it works. When i get the watch in return im gonna send you a video proving that MR either never tested it, or that the instrument doesnt work. Its one or the other, because i know that the movement is not working correctly. And nobody on this planet can tell me otherwise, unless they try it out themself.

Last edited:

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
What do you think the outcome of this thread is going to be?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

MeRoL

Horology Curious
6/12/16
What do you think the outcome of this thread is going to be?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Obviously that noobs should reconsider before buying from MR if they do not want to end up in a similar situation like OP and Thuen88??

Thuen88

3/11/16
Hopefully people will be more carefull dealing with MR. I already got a few PM supporting and thanking me so at least it wasnt for granted.