• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Beware buying items from mr.

BirkinTourbillon

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/14
OK .... Just one very basic question ... It might even sound 'stupid' .... but I have to ask.

Did you guys wind up the watches before you wear them ... Thuen88 HOTROLEX ?!?

9 out of 10 times the watch stopped while you are wearing it ... is because it was NOT fully wound.

Yep, I second this. As a matter of fact, just happened this morning to my gen Speedy Reduced, though I was wearing it the whole night while sleeping, I suspected it is due to lack of wrist motion. To OP, from my experience, from complete stop, prolly try to wind around 20-30 times and then try to see how long will it run. This issue actually happened to my Rep PAM351 with A7750 movement based back then.

Every time I put it on, it stopped after 10-15 mins of running, whilst if I flipped it upside down, it ran perfectly strong with +-3 days of power reserve. Also, this happened to my Highly Modded Volcano, only that one was worse. I literally had to go back and forth trying to figure out what happened to it with no luck, but then again I realized that doesn’t matter how much you spend on it, it is still a replica, so you can never expect genuine quality from a replica, even some issues that occured are kind of too tricky to detect unless you are or know of someone that happens to be an expert with watches. That literally changed my mind and level of expectation from a replica. Trust me, you’ll enjoy them more with that mindset too. Good luck to OP, hopefully your issue can soon get sorted out bro.

"Tienes que correr riesgos, en esta vida"

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Please don`t. I dont wanna start a shit show here, but with this kind of service from MR i feel the need to warn people buying from him. I tested the watch myself over a month to be 100% sure it was broken, and when it so ridiculously easy to capture the issue on film, i get a feeling he doesnt test the watches he get in return at all.

What were your testing protocols ?

What results did you get ?

If it's so ridiculously easy to capture the results on film why didn't you do it to explain the problem ?

You do know you need to wind a watch at the crown, even an automatic watch, if you are not sufficiently active to charge it at the rotor ?

Thuen88

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/11/16
Come on guys, im not stupid. Of course i did all that. I have over 10 automatic watches and got my first 15 years ago. i tried everything including letting it run completely down. Shacking it. Letting it sit om the table for a week before trying all again. Wind it, everything from 10-50 times. I tried all i could possible do including asking other watch entusiasts over period of 30 days to be 100% sure it was a permanent problem. In that timeframe the watch actually ran half decent over two periods, one 20 hours and one almost 45 hours before stopping on my wrist. The last 10 days it wouldnt run more than 2 hours, and most of the time i had to try starting it with manual winding or shacking between 1-10 minutes before it would run again.

i didnt capture it on film because i know he would detect the problem pretty easily. I also explained to him the problem in detail.

Why arent you sceptical about his testing method? He uses a winder that will not replicate wrist movement good enough ? I told him before i sent it that the watch would run much longer while it just sits flat on the table, indicating a semi lose gear or dust inside it that need fast movement to trigger the problem.

Last edited:

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Come on guys ? How stupid do you think i am ? Of course i did all that. I have over 10 automatic watches and got my first 15 years ago. i tried everything including letting it run completely down. Shacking it. Letting it sit om the table for a week before trying all again. Wind it, everything from 10-50 times. I tried all i could possible do including asking other watch entusiasts over period of 30 days to be 100% sure it was a permanent problem. In that timeframe the watch actually ran half decent over two periods, one 20 hours and one almost 45 hours before stopping on my wrist. The last 10 days it wouldnt run more than 2 hours, and most of the time i had to try starting it with manual winding or shacking between 1-10 minutes before it would run again.

i didnt capture it on film because i know he would detect the problem pretty easily. I also explained to him the problem in detail.

Why arent you sceptical about his testing method? He uses a winder that will not replicate wrist movement good enough ? I told him before i sent it that the watch would run much longer while it just sits flat on the table, indicating a semi lose gear or dust inside it that need fast movement to trigger the problem.

Well as I suspected your 'testing' is not testing. You noticed that it stopped after running for 45 hours ? Wow.

Why would letting it completely run down resolve the problem - if it exists ?

Winding it 10 times will give a different result to winding it 50 times.

Asking other watch enthusiasts to verify it's a permanent problem is utterly pointless.

Many watches either need to be gently shook, or hand wound at the crown to get them running again if they've stopped - it doesn't mean the watch is broken.

I suggest that you have your watch returned by the TD as he wasn't able to replicate your rigorous testing conditions, and then you take it to a watch smith near you.

If there is in fact a problem then I'm sure the TD will recognise it and help with the repair costs - sending it back to China for repair was a stupid idea, the TD is a vendor of watches, he's not a watch smith - he's not going to replace the movement if it's defective, just as Rolex don't replace defective movements, or Omega or any other manufacturer, they repair the movements, not replace them.

Thuen88

3/11/16
Winding it 10 times as in 10x50 rounds. Not 10 rounds. One time it ran for 45 hours on my wrist. One single time in 200+ attemps. I let it run completely out of juice just to include that as well.
When i get the watch in return you will see the problem on video.

No watch smith will touch a replica in Norway so i can't fix it localy

Im not sure why you think sending it back to China was a stupid idea when it was the only option i had and he offered 1 year warranty

Last edited:

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Winding it 10 times as in 10x50 rounds. Not 10 rounds. One time it ran for 45 hours on my wrist. One single time in 200+ attemps. I let it run completely out of juice just to include that as well.
When i get the watch in return you will see the problem on video.

No watch smith will touch a replica in Norway so i can't fix it localy

Im not sure why you think sending it back to China was a stupid idea when it was the only option i had and he ordered 1 year warranty

Sending it back to China was a stupid idea because it takes several months for it to be returned, because the TDs are vendors not watch smiths so they take it back to the factory, and the factory doesn't really care because they are manufacturing illegal counterfeit items and once the watch is sold they're happy as that's all they care about.

You are expecting professional, registered, tax declaring certified watch manufacturer levels of service and quality from people who make fake watches at night in a factory somewhere in China.

10 x 50 rounds - I've no idea what this means.

As I said, get the watch returned, take it to a watch smith, if there is a problem I'm sure MR will sort it out with you. There are watch smiths on this forum who can repair the watch for you - look at Supporting Vendors.

Reactions: btoxxahn

Thuen88

3/11/16
Didnt you read what i Said? No watch smith will touch it where i live. I had no option but return it to MR. It's not stupid to return it, I had no other option. 10 attemps times 50 rounds. Like it will die after 5 seconds when i wind it 50 times before trying next attempt

Last edited:

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Didnt you read what i Said? No watch smith will touch it where i live. I had no option but return it to MR. It's not stupid to return it. 10 attemps times 50 rounds. Like it will die after 5 seconds when i wind it 50 times before trying next attempt

Yes, I did read what you said - and yes,returning it to China was a stupid idea - the proof is that the issue has not been resolved.

Did you read what I said :- THERE ARE WATCH SMITHS ON THIS FORUM - IN OTHER COUNTRIES THAN NORWAY - WHO WILL FIX YOUR WATCH IF THERE IS A PROBLEM.

But to be honest, with your attitude and way of speaking to people I doubt that any of them will be willing to take on work from you.

Reactions: ssouthall6

Daft_Punk

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/16
Didnt you read what i Said? No watch smith will touch it where i live. I had no option but return it to MR. It's not stupid to return it, I had no other option. 10 attemps times 50 rounds. Like it will die after 5 seconds when i wind it 50 times before trying next attempt

emmmmm ... I am pretty sure there are watch smiths on RWI .... pretty sure actually. However sounds like you know more than everyone, even Tripdog that knows more about these things than most people will ever forget... so I may be wrong.

Suggest to avoid these 'headaches' in the future you buy a gen ... you get great service apparently for the price.

Thuen88

3/11/16
Well i know the movement is broken thats for sure. And sending it to watch smiths overseas im guessing is to expensive when including shipping costs both ways for it to be worth it. The watch costed me 300 USD.
on the other side MR a trusted dealer offered me to fix it for free. If its stupid to choose that option them im not on the same planet as you guys and Replicas is not for me.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Well i know the movement is broken thats for sure. And sending it to watch smiths overseas im guessing is to expensive when including shipping costs both ways for it to be worth it. The watch costed me 300 USD.
on the other side MR a trusted dealer offered me to fix it for free. If its stupid to choose that option them im not on the same planet as you guys and Replicas is not for me.

Correct.

Reactions: Daft_Punk

Testone72

Renowned Member
8/3/18
Hi all, very interesting..
I also had a problem with a TD, but reading and learning here, watching videos and having a bit of dexterity and equipment, I managed to fix it. But my question is: why is there this exhausting defense of TD at the expense of the customer? Why should he (the OP) pay $100-150 plus shipping to send the watch to a watchmaker to repair when there is 1 year warranty with TD?
We are customers, we pay plus and plus $€...to buy a product, we should have more consideration ...but seems TD win always...
Sorry for my English
Just my 2 cents..

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Daft_Punk

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/16
Hi all, very interesting..
I also had a problem with a TD, but reading and learning here, watching videos and having a bit of dexterity and equipment, I managed to fix it. But my question is: why is there this exhausting defense of TD at the expense of the customer? Why should he (the OP) pay $100-150 plus shipping to send the watch to a watchmaker to repair when there is 1 year warranty with TD?
We are customers, we pay plus and plus $€...to buy a product, we should have more consideration ...but seems TD win always...
Sorry for my English
Just my 2 cents..

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Well as fruitless as this may be, perhaps it hits home with just one new person interested in replicas.

First Dealers don't make the watches factories do, and they do so in less than ideal conditions, These are not made in a lab. So hanging crap on a dealer for watch defects is just simply wrong, in fact they should get credit for having a difficult job to do in the first place, selling imperfect products to people seeking perfection in what is clearly a REPLICA, so with expectations that do not match reality there is often strife.

These are not manufactured by your local better business bureau. These guys might not exist in a year ..so your one year warranty is not why you should be buying CHINESE REPLICAS ! If you want a warranty for $300 dollars go BUY A SEIKO

$300 USD is a lot of money, however it is also a lot less than $10,000 or more, so your expectations should be reflected in exchange. If most new members spent more time reading and learning about their potential purchase they would more often than not understand what they are purchasing. So if $300 is more than you can really afford to invest in what really is a Chinese knock off of a Swiss time piece than perhaps you should reconsider.

This forum is more than a place to find 'the best sub'. It is a place with many knowledgeable members whom share their fast knowledge of these time pieces we all appreciate. however may not be able to afford straight from the original manufacturer. There is a shared passion isn creating or 'replicating' these as best we can. for fun. for appreciation etc.

Spending time bemoaning the faults in these REPLICAS really misses the point. Finding faults for improvement certainly moves the products forward. Sharing our knowledge and our passion is why most are here.

The more time you spend learning .. the less time you will spend creating threads like this, and the more time you will spend enjoying what you eventually purchased because you will clearly understand what you got yourself into before rushing off to buy a 1:! replica with unrealistic expectations.

Hopefully one person reads this and gets the point, and I am positive that person will become a long time member.

As for me I still ahve lots to learn and ask more questions than have answers ... but that's why I am here. To learn.

Last edited:

Thuen88

3/11/16
Then why offer a 1 year warranty in the first place ?

Whats the point of this review section if its not alowed to post critic reviews ? Unaware people deserv to know this kind of things before buying. His 1 year warranty is not good so people should get the opportunity to know that. As i said earlier he is a great guy to buy from, but i can't just post my positive thoughs when dealing with him.

Last edited:
Reactions: btoxxahn

Daft_Punk

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/16
Then why offer a 1 year warranty in the first place ?

Whats the point of this review section if its not alowed to post critic reviews ? Unaware people deserv to know this kind of things before buying. His 1 year warranty is not good so people should get the opportunity to know that. As i said earlier he is a great guy to buy from, but i can't just post my positive thoughs when dealing with him.

You can't fix stupid sorry .. Good luck

Thuen88

3/11/16
You took this to another low bottom with that retarded post.