• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GLS postal service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metalmickey

Renowned Member
1/7/14
Guys, Typically, when someone usually sends a parcel from Italy to the UK with GLS, what does their tracking usually say beyond this point. (I've included a pic of this parcels tracking but covered tracking numbers just incase you don't want it shared by people too often on the forum) I would love to see a picture of a clear example of a successful shipment from Italy to UK with GLS. Does anybody have one of their own they could share please?
Does it usually say 'delivered' ?

Sent from the RWI App
13/2/201812:02York DepotDelivered
View an extended tracking event description
13/2/20189:14York DepotOut for delivery
13/2/20186:28York DepotPrepared for delivery
13/2/20185:09York DepotReceived at delivery depot

There's one

Metalmickey

Renowned Member
1/7/14

Attachments

• E41M7bH.jpg
    E41M7bH.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Johnny Depp

WATCHMAKER
Gold Patron
Certified
30/12/14
ITALY
You can enter the tracking number for the foreign country into the parcelforce tracking website and it will show up in 1 or two days from being sent in origin. It actually tracks it even before it leaves the original mail service as far as my experience goes (I have seen it with China EMS and Taiwan Post, amongst others).

I still fail to understand why a vendor would not reimburse the money to the customer while he waits for it all to be resolved, unless that vendor enjoys seeing his reputation being absolutely destroyed. I don't know how much money have you earned by offering your services in an informal way JD but I am sure it's more than the 1500 that you would lose in order to keep doing business. Although something tells me that deep inside you know you won't be getting many work requests from this forum anymore. Especially after the way you are reacting, which just adds up and confirms the allegations about your lack of professional attitude in the past (that, funny enough, were received with very aggressive reactions from some members of the community when it turns out they were mostly true).

All in all, very sad. These misunderstandings undermine our trust in each other and ultimately don't help keeping a community together. I hope all gets resolved soon.

I behaved like that because there were injustices .... I want to see how many members have had the refund for a lost package? can anyone tell me if it happened? There is no law in RWI that says that Johnny Depp has to compensate the package, for a GLS error .... without waiting for an outcome you have ruined my reputation. even if you have done this HERC will have its refund from GLS (I hope they do it, in the amount of $ 250 by HERC) and what you do not know. I'm risking a DENUNCIATION from GLS, for invoices sent NOT CONVINCING.

I do not do it to be INTEGRATED in the forum. I do it because I'm serious. it's everyone knows me. because I'm tired of these accusations ....

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
Metalmickey thanks Mickey. :)
I had meant something a bit more specific than that. I would like to see a screenshot example of what someone's GLS parcel tracking typically looks like beyond the point of leaving the UK facility.
I'd like to see a pic of the same tracking page as I have screenshotted where Someone has had a parcel successfully delivered. A table shown like you had isn't what I was after. Does that make sense?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
Does GLS tracking Italy to UK *only ever* go up to and stop at 'the parcel had left the GLS location' and tick 'final' ?
OR, does it continue with further tracking information for people on this specific GLS tracking page, when a person in the uk actually receives a parcel successfully please?

Metalmickey

Renowned Member
1/7/14
Does GLS tracking Italy to UK *only ever* go up to and stop at 'the parcel had left the GLS location' and tick 'final' ?
OR, does it continue with further tracking information for people on this specific GLS tracking page, when a person in the uk actually receives a parcel successfully please?

It updates in sync with the UK one. I've PMed you a working tracking number to see. If you use 17track then it gets you the best of both worlds. Herc's 17track GLS Italy parcel number is 93807450506 (posted earlier in this thread)

https://t.17track.net/en#nums=93807450506

Kerushi11 By the way, on your tracking image, the tick at the end hasn't been filled yet. There are two steps of the journey still to go. Their colour scheme is awful but the last two stages are different coloured.

Last edited:

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
I know dude. Thanks. But you're misunderstanding what I was asking for. I didn't want to see what happens in case of ems to uk etc. GLS format tracking page ONLY is what I wanted to see. A successful totally completed example of a shipment. When specifically viewed from the GLS page only.
I had wanted to s...... Oh sod it :) never mind.
And yep buddy. I used hercs parcel tracking. That was what is shown in my screenshot here. I just blacked out hercs parcel details

Sent from the RWI App

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1519234878.5542.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1519234878.5542.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 0

Metalmickey

Renowned Member
1/7/14
I know dude. Thanks. But you're misunderstanding what I was asking for. I didn't want to see what happens in case of ems to uk etc. GLS format tracking page ONLY is what I wanted to see. A successful totally completed example of a shipment. When specifically viewed from the GLS page only.
I had wanted to s...... Oh sod it :) never mind.
And yep buddy. I used hercs parcel tracking. That was what is shown in my screenshot here. I just blacked out hercs parcel details

Sent from the RWI App

:)
Trust me, the parcel is missing. The number doesn't work on Parcelforce yet cos they've not scanned it in and labelled it.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Patron
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Johnny Depp Antonio Algerino may I offer suggestion. You build and sell franken pieces all the time, don't you have invoices for comparable gen parts? Herc was clear what was gen and since you worked on it you should know what was gen. This is what I'm confused about, why you need a receipt from herc when you should be able to demonstrate value?

Reactions: Herc

Metalmickey

Renowned Member
1/7/14
Johnny Depp Antonio Algerino may I offer suggestion. You build and sell franken pieces all the time, don't you have invoices for comparable gen parts? Herc was clear what was gen and since you worked on it you should know what was gen. This is what I'm confused about, why you need a receipt from herc when you should be able to demonstrate value?

My point exactly - from the beginning. One can only surmise that either JD does not want to make an insurance claim, or he already did when he asked for the receipts and either did/didn't get paid.

Herc

Renowned Member
11/6/16
Belfast - United Kingdom
No accusations made - it’s clearly seen by picture evidence that you kept lying about customs!! Hadn’t you have lied and been more understanding rather than saying customs had it then saying if thy looked inside and seen it then there was nothing more you can do!!

2fake4u

Put Some Respect On My Name
20/9/16
My point exactly - from the beginning. One can only surmise that either JD does not want to make an insurance claim, or he already did when he asked for the receipts and either did/didn't get paid.

well now that he said he sent the 250 value of insurance for the shipment by herc, which has no bearing on value or anything, as proof of value, he may end up only getting that 250 back.

Maybe we can start a go fund me for depp to take english classes so we can truly understand what hes saying, and so he can understand us.

Metalmickey

Renowned Member
1/7/14
well now that he said he sent the 250 value of insurance for the shipment by herc, which has no bearing on value or anything, as proof of value, he may end up only getting that 250 back.

Maybe we can start a go fund me for depp to take english classes so we can truly understand what hes saying, and so he can understand us.

This is what you get for dealing with people with whom you do not share a common tongue. Hopefully nobody else will send anything to Johnny D unless they speak fluent Italian and he will not accept work from anyone with whom he is unable to communicate effectively.

This 250 thing is yet another smokescreen thrown up to avoid taking any responsibility and to try and pin the blame on his customer.

Johnny Depp

WATCHMAKER
Gold Patron
Certified
30/12/14
ITALY

I did not understand .... do you mean when I sent the package? I have no invoices of gen parts .... because I buy from sellers
like RWI ....

2fake4u

20/9/16
I did not understand .... do you mean when I sent the package? I have no invoices of gen parts .... because I buy from sellers
like RWI ....

for the insurance claims.

since the watch has gen parts, you can send proof of value of the gen parts using many sources. you dont have to tell them its a fake watch, just tell them its some rolex parts. Works for most couriers, so might work for you.

i literally just did this with the police department in my town when my franken builds for others were stolen from my vehicle.

pippo

10/1/10
Metalmickey
buddy you seems to be quite knowledgeable when it comes to shipments. Out of curiosity (even so, I am aware that info wouldn't be very helpful), is it possible to tell if the parcel went missing in Italy or abroad?
I suppose the answer is negative but you never know.

Johnny Depp

WATCHMAKER
Gold Patron
Certified
30/12/14
ITALY
for the insurance claims.

since the watch has gen parts, you can send proof of value of the gen parts using many sources. you dont have to tell them its a fake watch, just tell them its some rolex parts. Works for most couriers, so might work for you.

i literally just did this with the police department in my town when my franken builds for others were stolen from my vehicle.

Ok, I understand
our couriers do not take responsibility if you declare a Watch. when you lose or get stolen they pay you peer a standard .... that is 500 € if the invoices proves it. in Italy we use the "armored" for valuables ... and has the cost of € 120/150 .... for abroad I do not know

Metalmickey

Renowned Member
1/7/14
pippo it is missing in the UK. If you look at the tracking it was scanned when it arrived in the UK GPS centre then again when it left. It should next have arrived either in a Parcel force regional hub or Here's local delivery office

Status
Not open for further replies.