• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GLS postal service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herc

Renowned Member
11/6/16
Belfast - United Kingdom
With the customs its a standard sticker every package from EU has it here in Germany the packages go through customs they see "ok its from EU" they make a sticker with "custom approved" or stuff like above. Ofcourse when they searching for drugs or money and they opening your package and they foud your counterfit watch then its over...

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk

Tell me where exactly it states it has been stopped by customs?? Go look on page one for the full movement of the package

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
He's not saying it's stopped. He just says that it goes through customs but as soon as they see it's from EU they let it through unless there seems to be something blatantly suspicious (I guess if the x-ray shows the shape of a gun they will probably open it).

It's definitely not your case and even if they opened it there is absolutely no way they would know it's a fake (with gen insert, hands and dial? Not a chance).

Looks like it's just lost and will come up soon, but all this would have been better if communications had been clearer as it's a high value item what we are talking about here.

Hopefully it will come up, either at your door after a while or back to JD's when they find it and in case they can't deliver it.

Reactions: Tigerdragon

Johnny Depp

WATCHMAKER
Gold Patron
Certified
30/12/14
ITALY
At the attention of:
WHO IS AGAINST

Now I will explain you why i need him!

First of all this fuss, Mr. Herc sent the package containing his FRANKEN to ME ..... seeing well the invoices he sent me, I saw that he sent me the package with NORMAL MAIL
With AN INSURANCE Of the value of £ 250 !!!!!!!
So here I ask:
why he insured the FRANKEN for a low value? When he knew the highest risk to send the franken watch with normal air mail ????
why…now that the package maybe it’s lost (courier cant’ find it), he asked to me to insure the package (without know the value) for more than 2000£????

3- why now he is doing all this DIN if the package has been lost from GLS, that is a courier???
When he sent the package by mail, knowing the risk that runs with a normail mail, and despite this high risk he assured it for only a value of £ 250 ???
And now he ask to me that I insured his parcel before send, for the full value of his FRANKEN, when i true didn’t know the real value!!! even if it were YOU CAN’T ENSURE A FRANKEN OR FAKE !!!

3- So now I wonder my self?
Why was I banned? If the customer knew very well the risks involved? The evident proof and his expedition, i will show to you ASAP

So I ask to you @Herc
What game are you playing????
And are you sure that the package isn’t arrived to you????
Because I have a client who sent me a package, arrived yesterday
And for his tracking the package is still blocked in a point of the travel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So what's the REAL value of your FRANKEN ???? 2000 £ or 250 £ ????

for the law, the € 500 refund from GLS, will be more than enough for you
Because, as the law says in Italy: "THE FACT IS NOT SUITED"

I submitted an invoice of 2700 pounds .... and the shipment to ME £ 250 .... what will have to compensate GLS ??? £ 2700 or £ 250????

That said for me this thread closes here!

So I ask to : who was against me and who was to my part
….who is right?trailboss99

The receipt of @Herc

cdd3f283d2818078b6c49fde5fc65ccb.jpg

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: federik91

Herc

Renowned Member
11/6/16
Belfast - United Kingdom
It makes no difference I sent my watch to you and it arrived you moron. I requested for you to send it back to me insured you didn't that's where it lies. Stop back pedalling!!!

Herc

Renowned Member
11/6/16
Belfast - United Kingdom
I said to you to insure it. If I sent you the watch and it disappeared travelling to you that's my responsibility not YOURS!! When you sent it back to me I requested insured express delivery as proven many times already. You didn't do this!! you can wire what you like but if I don't get what I paid for the watch then this will never settle and I will make sure it doesn't

Your accusing me of receiving the parcel now are you.... JD you are so full of shit its unreal! you lied about the customs crap to shake me off your tail. You have yet to provide me with evidence that GLS told you it was held up by customs!!

If I post something to you I have that responsibility on my head not you. Does not mean the content inside are worth that value. man you are stupid.

Johnny Depp

WATCHMAKER
Gold Patron
Certified
30/12/14
ITALY
I said to you to insure it. If I sent you the watch and it disappeared travelling to you that's my responsibility not YOURS!! When you sent it back to me I requested insured express delivery as proven many times already. You didn't do this!! you can wire what you like but if I don't get what I paid for the watch then this will never settle and I will make sure it doesn't

Your accusing me of receiving the parcel now are you.... JD you are so full of shit its unreal! you lied about the customs crap to shake me off your tail. You have yet to provide me with evidence that GLS told you it was held up by customs!!

If I post something to you I have that responsibility on my head not you. Does not mean the content inside are worth that value. man you are stupid.

if I put a LAWYER !!! I have to repay the value you have declared for the franken ..... ie 250 pounds! so I think .... anyway, even if you insult me ​​I'll get you from € 500, hoping you'll refund them. you will have nothing from me

Herc

Renowned Member
11/6/16
Belfast - United Kingdom
if I put a LAWYER !!! I have to repay the value you have declared for the franken ..... ie 250 pounds! so I think .... anyway, even if you insult me ​​I'll get you from € 500, hoping you'll refund them. you will have nothing from me

Regardless of what my post states I ASKED YOU FOR INSURED DELIVERY... This you didn't do!! even charging 60Euro for postage !!

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
He's not saying it's stopped. He just says that it goes through customs but as soon as they see it's from EU they let it through unless there seems to be something blatantly suspicious (I guess if the x-ray shows the shape of a gun they will probably open it).

It's definitely not your case and even if they opened it there is absolutely no way they would know it's a fake (with gen insert, hands and dial? Not a chance).

Looks like it's just lost and will come up soon, but all this would have been better if communications had been clearer as it's a high value item what we are talking about here.

Hopefully it will come up, either at your door after a while or back to JD's when they find it and in case they can't deliver it.

Thats what i meant :) i only posted it because of the picture with the "sticker". This custom stickers are standard nothing suspicious about it.

Reactions: Hinclimincli

federik91

Renowned Member
3/12/15
At the attention of:
WHO IS AGAINST

Now I will explain you why i need him!

First of all this fuss, Mr. Herc sent the package containing his FRANKEN to ME ..... seeing well the invoices he sent me, I saw that he sent me the package with NORMAL MAIL
With AN INSURANCE Of the value of £ 250 !!!!!!!
So here I ask:
why he insured the FRANKEN for a low value? When he knew the highest risk to send the franken watch with normal air mail ????
why…now that the package maybe it’s lost (courier cant’ find it), he asked to me to insure the package (without know the value) for more than 2000£????

3- why now he is doing all this DIN if the package has been lost from GLS, that is a courier???
When he sent the package by mail, knowing the risk that runs with a normail mail, and despite this high risk he assured it for only a value of £ 250 ???
And now he ask to me that I insured his parcel before send, for the full value of his FRANKEN, when i true didn’t know the real value!!! even if it were YOU CAN’T ENSURE A FRANKEN OR FAKE !!!

3- So now I wonder my self?
Why was I banned? If the customer knew very well the risks involved? The evident proof and his expedition, i will show to you ASAP

So I ask to you Herc
What game are you playing????
And are you sure that the package isn’t arrived to you????
Because I have a client who sent me a package, arrived yesterday
And for his tracking the package is still blocked in a point of the travel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So what's the REAL value of your FRANKEN ???? 2000 £ or 250 £ ????

for the law, the € 500 refund from GLS, will be more than enough for you
Because, as the law says in Italy: "THE FACT IS NOT SUITED"

I submitted an invoice of 2700 pounds .... and the shipment to ME £ 250 .... what will have to compensate GLS ??? £ 2700 or £ 250????

That said for me this thread closes here!

So I ask to : who was against me and who was to my part
….who is right?trailboss99

The receipt of Herc

cdd3f283d2818078b6c49fde5fc65ccb.jpg

wow Antonio Algerino now the story is changed. u will see that all will come back to the order now that you did a bit of light in this story...maybe Herc has his franken on his wrist while he's writing ;)
who knows?

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
WHAT HAS IT GOT TO DO WITH HOW HE SHIPPED IT TO YOU????

That is not what this is about, is it? Why on earth would you send them the details of how it was shipped to you?

Herc

Renowned Member
11/6/16
Belfast - United Kingdom

That is not what this is about, is it? Why on earth would you send them the details of how it was shipped to you?

I give up with this Trailboss - I feel its going no where with him. When I shipped it to him It got there. when he shipped it to me I requested it to be insured and with being 60euro I would like to think it was insured but he didn't.

Johnny if I had the watch on my wrist it would state on the site it was delivered!!!!! same way if it was stuck in customs it would state that too but it didn't as none of those two stories you are posting is true!!

Johnny Depp

WATCHMAKER
Gold Patron
Certified
30/12/14
ITALY

because if I send a franken, securing £ 250, with mail and knowing risks. how do you expect ME to insure your package for a sum of 2000 £ ?????

on what basis could I assure that sum ??? in Italy it takes invoices! does he have his franken bills ??? insurance from GLS and € 500 ... even if it was a cost of € 10,000 ... GLS pay € 500 without proof of invoice! I've been clear?

Herc

Renowned Member
11/6/16
Belfast - United Kingdom
because if I send a franken, securing £ 250, with mail and knowing risks. how do you expect ME to insure your package for a sum of 2000 £ ?????

on what basis could I assure that sum ??? in Italy it takes invoices! does he have his franken bills ??? insurance from GLS and € 500 ... even if it was a cost of € 10,000 ... GLS pay € 500 without proof of invoice! I've been clear?

Would you have known how much I insured it if I didn't post the picture!! so what has that got to do with the topic!! I asked you to send it back to me insured that you didn't do!! that's how simple it is. I requested that service from you. How I sent it to you means nothing!!!!

Metalmickey

Renowned Member
1/7/14
The value on the outbound receipt is irrelevant, isn't it? If Herc decided he would take the risk of under-insuring his own property that's his business. He mailed it, and it's his problem if it gets lost or damaged on the outward journey. Whether insurance was, or wasn't requested and for how much is irrelevant now: at this point it is about putting the situation right.

Johnny Depp because the parcel is lost you could have/can tell GLS that it contains literally anything you want! In this case, it actually does contain genuine Rolex watch parts, so you make the claim for those, and provide eBay sales printouts as evidence of their value. Not everything that is mailed has an invoice. If I post my 40 year old Rolex then I sure as damn it am getting it insured, and I'd prove the value with current Chrono 24 listings. You are proving VALUE, not always the receipt for the specific item in the box.

Surely we all agree that the right thing to do is for JD to make a claim for whatever amount he can and give that to Herc? If the parcel has been delivered then GLS won't pay out, will they? And if it hasn't, then they surely will, because the parcel is clearly lost, and they are obliged to pay some form of compensation when that happens.

Once that has been done, I am sure that trailboss99 will reach a conclusion about the way that Johnny Depp has dealt with this issue, balancing the eventual outcome with the changing story, false photos of the package "in customs" etc. Likewise, potential customers will have noted the way that JD speaks to and about those people who are kind enough to part with their hard-earned money for his services when there is a problem, and contrast that with the "can do" attitude and customer care that official, sanctioned supporting vendors like RepPossessed offer.

loewenzahn

Mythical Poster
16/12/14
Germany
Regardless of what my post states I ASKED YOU FOR INSURED DELIVERY... This you didn't do!! even charging 60Euro for postage !!

As sad as it is, fact is that there isn't any transport insurance for values class II (watches, jewellry, coins etc) available from usual carriers as GLS, DHL etc., no matter how strongly we / you wish. Forget the stories you read from folks telling they were compensated in a similar case.... that's simply not true.
In fact there are specialized "value shipping" companies. Here in Germany for instance Intex or Galle. They charge for a package e.g. UK London to Italy/Puglia/Bari, insured up to Euro 2500 (including watches et al) Euro 120.
The Euro 60 obviously is what GLS charges for the Express delivery which you demanded.

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
Guys, Typically, when someone usually sends a parcel from Italy to the UK with GLS, what does their tracking usually say beyond this point. (I've included a pic of this parcels tracking but covered tracking numbers just incase you don't want it shared by people too often on the forum) I would love to see a picture of a clear example of a successful shipment from Italy to UK with GLS. Does anybody have one of their own they could share please?
Does it usually say 'delivered' ?

Sent from the RWI App

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1519230592.9448.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1519230592.9448.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 0

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
Did someone say that parcelforce are the company that would be used to take it from GLS to complete a delivery? Has anyone in the UK called parcel force and asked if this shipment was received by them to try and complete delivery?
I really have trouble understanding if JD has been told that it is 'lost' or if he has been told that they just 'don't know' what has happened to it (because PERHAPS as far as GLS are concerned, they have forfilled their part in the tracking, according to track info. Or at least it looks that way, to me, with that tick at the end of the tracking pictured) before passing it to a new uk courier to complete a separate line of tracking.

Please excuse and ignore my message completely if it is obviously very dumb of me haha. I just hate seeing all this stress you guys are under, JD too. :(

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Did someone say that parcelforce are the company that would be used to take it from GLS to complete a delivery? Has anyone in the UK called parcel force and asked if this shipment was received by them to try and complete delivery?
I really have trouble understanding if JD has been told that it is 'lost' or if he has been told that they just 'don't know' what has happened to it (because PERHAPS as far as GLS are concerned, they have forfilled their part in the tracking, according to track info. Or at least it looks that way, to me, with that tick at the end of the tracking pictured) before passing it to a new uk courier to complete a separate line of tracking.

Please excuse and ignore my message completely if it is obviously very dumb of me haha. I just hate seeing all this stress you guys are under, JD too. :(

You can enter the tracking number for the foreign country into the parcelforce tracking website and it will show up in 1 or two days from being sent in origin. It actually tracks it even before it leaves the original mail service as far as my experience goes (I have seen it with China EMS and Taiwan Post, amongst others).

I still fail to understand why a vendor would not reimburse the money to the customer while he waits for it all to be resolved, unless that vendor enjoys seeing his reputation being absolutely destroyed. I don't know how much money have you earned by offering your services in an informal way JD but I am sure it's more than the 1500 that you would lose in order to keep doing business. Although something tells me that deep inside you know you won't be getting many work requests from this forum anymore. Especially after the way you are reacting, which just adds up and confirms the allegations about your lack of professional attitude in the past (that, funny enough, were received with very aggressive reactions from some members of the community when it turns out they were mostly true).

All in all, very sad. These misunderstandings undermine our trust in each other and ultimately don't help keeping a community together. I hope all gets resolved soon.

Reactions: Nivka and Herc

Herc

Renowned Member
11/6/16
Belfast - United Kingdom

Yes I have tried. I called and emailed. I emailed again last week and got this reply yesterday. Believe me I have exhausted all avenues.

I would rather have my watch back back than any money given!! If the £2700 receipt claimed was given i would donate every penny more than what I paid for the watch!! Simple matter is all I want is my watch back

Attachments

• photo29910.jpg
    photo29910.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 0
Status
Not open for further replies.