• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GLS postal service

Status
Not open for further replies.

2fake4u

Put Some Respect On My Name
20/9/16
Ok, I understand
our couriers do not take responsibility if you declare a Watch. when you lose or get stolen they pay you peer a standard .... that is 500 € if the invoices proves it. in Italy we use the "armored" for valuables ... and has the cost of € 120/150 .... for abroad I do not know

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

right but you dont declare it as watch, you declare as rolex parts. probably too late now as its been flagged if you told them it was a watch.

pippo

10/1/10
pippo it is missing in the UK. If you look at the tracking it was scanned when it arrived in the UK GPS centre then again when it left. It should next have arrived either in a Parcel force regional hub or Here's local delivery office

Thanks, all clear and it makes perfect sense

Johnny Depp

WATCHMAKER
Gold Patron
Certified
30/12/14
ITALY
right but you dont declare it as watch, you declare as rolex parts. probably too late now as its been flagged if you told them it was a watch.

The problem is and the two invoices
one 250£ declared by HERC in its shipment
another 2700£...I hope not have problem with GLS....i risk denunciation

Metalmickey

Renowned Member
1/7/14
The original shipping receipt has no bearing on the value of the contents. It just shows the value it is insured for, not the actual value.

pippo

10/1/10
our couriers do not take responsibility if you declare a Watch.
True, at least for many couriers, no idea if it's for all of them but it's a safe guess. Watches and jewellery are not covered.
Declaring watch parts is a good tip if you have gen parts and a receipt/invoice.

our couriers do not take responsibility if you declare a Watch. when you lose or get stolen they pay you peer a standard .... that is 500 € if the invoices proves it. in Italy we use the "armored" for valuables ... and has the cost of € 120/150 .... for abroad I do not know

Correct, for high-value watches the most reliable option is Battistolli.

However apparently GLS offer an extension with an additional insurance covering up to 1500 EUR.
I am sure it's freaking expensive and I have no idea if available for international shipments but it was worth mentioning it.

https://www.gls-italy.com/en/shipping-solutions/additional-services/additional-insurance

Unfortunately what happened here proves how T&Cs are essential when something goes south. :(

2fake4u

20/9/16

right but what he insured for is irrelevant.

i declared only $50 on a gen i shipped recently knowing that if it got lost, i was out $5k +, but that doesnt make the item only worth $50

Reactions: Rx4Time

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
Antonio Algerino what is the estimated time of the feedback from GLS?
What did they tell you - how long would it take for them to officially reply to your claim?

85genius

Known Member
14/5/14
But your fault and your problem idiot!

You stupidly gave them evidence that contradicted your claim, you should have claimed for the legitimate parts in there, but God knows why I'm writing this I alrwaaltokd you this once and you come back with more proof of your own stupidity and disrespect of your customer.

I honestly think herc would be much more amenable with you if you weren't such a lying dick with him

Johnny Depp

WATCHMAKER
Gold Patron
Certified
30/12/14
ITALY

You stupidly gave them evidence that contradicted your claim, you should have claimed for the legitimate parts in there, but God knows why I'm writing this I alrwaaltokd you this once and you come back with more proof of your own stupidity and disrespect of your customer.

I honestly think herc would be much more amenable with you if you weren't such a lying dick with him

:horse:you're just a horse poop.....learn the language

Reactions: federik91

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09

I don't think this tone and choice of words helps anyone, mate.

85genius

Known Member
14/5/14
I don't think this tone and choice of words helps anyone, mate.
Agreed, just quite frustrating reading JD's ludicrous arguments, lies and general contradiction of himself and so reacted to him.

I should really stop reading this thread but have to keep checking back hoping for some positive turn for the op

Herc

Renowned Member
11/6/16
Belfast - United Kingdom
Agreed, just quite frustrating reading JD's ludicrous arguments, lies and general contradiction of himself and so reacted to him.

I should really stop reading this thread but have to keep checking back hoping for some positive turn for the op

I don’t think there will be unfortunately pal. But I appreciate the support

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
because if I send a franken, securing £ 250, with mail and knowing risks. how do you expect ME to insure your package for a sum of 2000 £ ?????

on what basis could I assure that sum ??? in Italy it takes invoices! does he have his franken bills ??? insurance from GLS and € 500 ... even if it was a cost of € 10,000 ... GLS pay € 500 without proof of invoice! I've been clear?

Oh my god . . .
You work on frankens all the damn time, yo did not have enough invoices to cover what you knew were gen parts? If not why not THEN request an invoice?
If they need an invoice up front for insurance why would you be asking for invoices AFTER the loss? You know, the ones you lied about and claimed were for customs because they had opened the parcel. Once again nothing you say is consistent, the story changes daily.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08

Once again, why would you give them the invoice for him shipping it to you? Why would you do that?

Johnny Depp

WATCHMAKER
Gold Patron
Certified
30/12/14
ITALY
Oh my god . . .
You work on frankens all the damn time, yo did not have enough invoices to cover what you knew were gen parts? If not why not THEN request an invoice?
If they need an invoice up front for insurance why would you be asking for invoices AFTER the loss? You know, the ones you lied about and claimed were for customs because they had opened the parcel. Once again nothing you say is consistent, the story changes daily.

AHHHHHH BOSS !!!!! but you are here to solve the problem, or just to accuse me of forgery, liar, change history, customs does not exist, the package can not be opened, what are the invoices .... they also explained to you some members how the T & C of our couriers. and you keep saying that I'm a liar ??? I can not stay here all day answering your accusations. I have a life, I have a company to manage. so WE WAIT GLS for the refund, STOP! then you will decide whether to ban the nickname or not. end

Reactions: federik91

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08

I just did and according to that you could have insured it for 1500 euro which you apparently did not.
It still does not explain why you sent them anything to do with what was shipped to you. What has that got to do with anything? For all they know it could have been a damaged watch that was only worth 250 until it was restored with a crapload of new parts.

Reactions: Herc
Status
Not open for further replies.