• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

This Should Be Seen Here. I Think its Important

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
sexybeast: I understand the crusade you're on right now but do you really have to post your remarks in anothers positive dealer/thread? This is the place for making your statements, not in someone else's review thread...it looks like the crusade has started...

As I have stated before I do want what is best for RWI, but don't these dealers at least deserve to make ammends. I am I the only one who feels this way? Think of all of the satisfied customers Andrew has had and still has even amidst what is going on now...I just feel that people deserve a second chance thats all...

Maybe it just needs to be left up to those higher powers here to do what they feel needs to be done otherwise it will just be another 10 pages of lets ban em now chants...if any of the dealers are not going to respond in any way then let those who brought this to light work it out with the management here to make the changes...though I still feel that there are other issues at play that we are left in the dark about...oh one more thing, this is a great place to be. :D :D :D

coop

OG member in the Lou
Supporter
Advisor
11/10/06
St. Louis
@Chris3: Wanna buy a Bell&Ross w/swiss eta?

We want to make a statement to them not to lie to us, so the noobs, and us, dont get screwed. You would'nt watch an old lady get mugged and just sit and do nothing would you?

Edge

I'm Pretty Popular
15/3/06
Well I think the time for procrastination and beating around the bush is done, we have had a lot of evidence against them and it's now time to act, not draw this out long enough that we lose interest and forget about it.

We should stop tooing and froing and come to a resolution, my suggestion is this:

RWG, RWI and TRC suspend their dealing privilidges on the boards for a set period of time, and make their section invisible for that time
RWI removes them from the 5 star dealers list
RWG, RWI and TRC stop all linking to their sites
All 3 boards enforce new guidelines as to the outline of a sales listing;
There must be detailed pictures of the front, back, sides, bracelet/strap and MOVEMENT
There must be a detailed and ACCURATE description of the watch for sale (like TTK uses)
We as a membership boycott them until they can PROVE to us that they have mended their ways

I would also suggest that as Andrew and Josh, have ALL the same watches at ALL the same prices, and ALL the same pictures, they become ONE dealing entity, as apposed to the 2 they are at the moment. Therefore calling for the removal of one of the sites, as it would be redundant.

When reinstated the 4 dealers should be watched closely for any indiscretions, and also MUST post all new watches on the forum, NOT JUST LINKING to a web page, the watch must be listed in the correct format or you will be punished.

Any further counts of misrepresentation/LYING should result in an outright ban and removal.

These are my thoughts, and though quite comprehensive are not difficult to follow and/or impliment.

Now is the time for action, strike while the iron is hot, and let's not waste time, the more time we waste the less momentum this will have and we will just end up forgetting about it and moving on.

Edge

THOR509

Renowned Member
12/4/06
i was NEVER agreeable to the 5 star rateing . whoever came up with that showed EXTREME favoritism , for WHATER reason maybe he just liked them . but it was exclusionary and still is ! if you dont bann them
THEN BANISH THE 5 STAR RATEING !!!!!!!!!!
and YES IM YELLING lol

warpedpig

12/2/07
I'm a bit late to the party and a noob but I'll let fly with.....

The dealers in question may claim that they can survive without the support of RWI or RWG but that is merely an ILLUSION....I notice the dealers in question are constantly comparing themselves to the "Scam" sites out there and insisting that they are different, superior, more trustworthy, and not out to rip you off.....these Guys are smart, savvy, and expert at walking the line between truth, deception, reality, and fantasy.

I may have made a mistake by not fully divulging the details of my first dealer experience on the board, but this thread has inspired me to contribute my bit and not be afraid of the repurcussions.

In my one transaction with the aforementioned 'cartel', I was outright lied to about product representation.....the dealer knew I was a noob and tried to play me as such.....I may be a noob, but I'm not blind or stupid!!

As soon as I mentioned RWI and RWG along with the fact that I was unhappy, the dealer in question relented and made good on the transaction....although I am out return shipping cost in the end.

So I did receive a measure of customer service, but that service came at a price....Not totally screwed but not totally happy - such is life?

You would have to be very naive to expect that these dealers are straight shooting, honest Abe's....this is an illegal business with high risk and it takes a certain type of person to become engaged in this trade....This honor among thieves notion is weak sauce......We should all enter the fray with this in mind and use it to our advantage.

These forums provide us with some leverage when dealing in this illegal trade and I suggest to all members to use that edge to your benefit....if you don't want to get screwed, empower yourself with the knowledge that exists in these forums so that
When confronted with lies, you can 'politely' and 'calmly' refute the dealer's B.S. and demand to be treated fairly......

On the other hand, we, as members of the replica watch fanboy community, contribute to the dealer's illusion by displaying a certain obsession with their product by posting hundreds of pictures, reviews, discussions, etc. (I AM AS GUILTY AS ANYONE IN CASE YOU'RE WONDERING :) ) It cannot be denied that this gives the dealers a certain measure of power over us....Granted, I am speculating here, but they probably view us as a herd of sheep, wearing rose-colored glasses who will happily fill our mouths with manure in exchange for the privilege of wearing a fancy 'name' watch for about 1/20 of the cost of the real thing .......combine this with the Dealers constant reminder and reinforcement that we are not getting scammed as badly as the customers at mostrealestbestestswisswatch.com, and you have what may be viewed by the Dealer as a no-lose situation.....I'll let you decide if there is a sliver of truth in this admittedly harsh assessment.

So we are left with a double-edged sword that will require action on our part as well as the dealer's part if we want both sides to be satisfied.

I'm too new to make a solid recommendation as to how to proceed, but can only suggest that we do it democratically as a community and not let these issues get swept under the rug.

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
andreww said:
This is not going to go away.

I actually agree with Andrew on this one, theres no way this is going away. This is big and when the news hit of the Asian ETA clone at 28,800bpm (I never belived that beat rate) I knew right then what was gonna happen it was obvious members where gonna start getting watches that they thought would be an 2824 ETA but instead be shipped the Asian clone and considering most probably never do open their watch and even if they do they may be unaware of what their looking at and be fooled, this clone movement makes it possible to do over and over agian, until called on it, and then it opps we make little mistake so sorry, you ship watch back and we send right one this time. Well you know what?? F that, thats BS. I'll say this and I've never mentioned it before because it was taken care of but I was also sent a watch with the wrong movement I paid top dollar rep speaking for this rep and it arrives with the BS Seagull not an ETA. Was I pissed?? YES, but the problem was taken care of instantly I knew then even the most trusted seller can't be relied upon esspecailly when they drop ship which is definatley the biggest problem and I don't want to hear about if I don't pack and ship it myself my employee does (thats BULLSHIT Josh) that really means your buddy in China DROPSHIPS it for you who do you think your kidding man.

You dealers not involved in this good on you. 8)

But you other guys need to speak up NOW, no response is at your own risk.

Anubis

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/06
Bravo Edge, I fully agree, We are a community, If one of us is screwed it's equivalent on all of us getting screwed. Mods/Admin please take action towards this, It is NOT a matter of money charged for our baubles, It's a matter of trust getting broken and when that is gone what are we left with?

Edge said:
We should stop tooing and froing and come to a resolution, my suggestion is this:

RWG, RWI and TRC suspend their dealing privilidges on the boards for a set period of time, and make their section invisible for that time
There must be detailed pictures of the front, back, sides, bracelet/strap and MOVEMENT
There must be a detailed and ACCURATE description of the watch for sale (like TTK uses)
We as a membership boycott them until they can PROVE to us that they have mended their ways

Edge

olivia

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/3/06
Edge said:
Well I think the time for procrastination and beating around the bush is done, we have had a lot of evidence against them and it's now time to act, not draw this out long enough that we lose interest and forget about it.

I would also suggest that as Andrew and Josh, have ALL the same watches at ALL the same prices, and ALL the same pictures, they become ONE dealing entity, as apposed to the 2 they are at the moment. Therefore calling for the removal of one of the sites, as it would be redundant.

When reinstated the 4 dealers should be watched closely for any indiscretions, and also MUST post all new watches on the forum, NOT JUST LINKING to a web page, the watch must be listed in the correct format or you will be punished.

Any further counts of misrepresentation/LYING should result in an outright ban and removal.

These are my thoughts, and though quite comprehensive are not difficult to follow and/or impliment.

Now is the time for action, strike while the iron is hot, and let's not waste time, the more time we waste the less momentum this will have and we will just end up forgetting about it and moving on.

Edge

Not a slim chance. Edge.

D

d4m.test

Oh yeah?

Why would you say that? Do you think the administrators of this board have a hand in the deception? What do you know about this that we don't? Speak up.

Anubis

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/06
Yeah Olivia, I've seen your posts here and RWG, What exactly do you know that gives you the certainty to make a statement like that? You want to back that statement up, please?

olivia said:
Not a slim chance. Edge.

kinneyrhs

11/2/07
Edge said:

In theory this sounds like a great idea, but who is to say it is enforced? I mean all they have to do is throw up a pic of a swiss movement... doesnt mean its the one your are going to get.

OR are you suggesting they take a pic of everyones watch, with their name or email on there, before each one is shipped?

olivia

16/3/06

Anubis said:
Yeah Olivia, I've seen your posts here and RWG, What exactly do you know that gives you the certainty to make a statement like that? You want to back that statement up, please?

olivia said:
Not a slim chance. Edge.

It is just my opinion. [ In other words, I know nothing...nothing...nothing].We'll see in time if it is right or wrong, won't we. And who cares if you have seen my posts...here and there?

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Don't be a prick Olivia, this issuse isn't for that. This is a effects all member issuse and its a moment when we all need to stand as one. Have some respect for Edge hes a Admin here and BTW I think his plan has merit.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
I just happen to feel that it is a little presumptuous to assume that all or some of Andrew's customers are willing to boycott...Andrew has a lot of faithfull customers who will continue to buy from him whether inside or outside the confines of RWI and a lot of them have kept quiet here...and for some reason I'm not fully assured that either one them necessarily need RWI, I am not convinced of that. It seems that if we meant that much to them financially, they would have responded by now...Andrew has been trustworthy to me and many others in spite of this thread...me shut up now...somebody once said "life is good".. :D

Edge

I'm Pretty Popular
15/3/06
kinneyrhs said:
In theory this sounds like a great idea, but who is to say it is enforced? I mean all they have to do is throw up a pic of a swiss movement... doesnt mean its the one your are going to get.

I suggest that they take pictures of the movement in the case, which is easily reconiseable, and movements are quite specific in dimentions, so the bait and switch would be difficult, and at the end of the day if they do switch out after pics are taken they will feel a much greater wrath the second time we have a thread like this.

olivia

16/3/06

sub4me said:
Don't be a prick Olivia, this issuse isn't for that. This is a effects all member issuse and its a moment when we all need to stand as one. Have some respect for Edge hes a Admin here and BTW I think his plan has merit.
Don't be so f*c*ing uptight Sub4me. I didn't say I was against Edge's proposal. In fact I am for some of it, but I don't believe it will ever happen, either here or on the other forum.

dawg

I'm Pretty Popular
1/1/07
Ok, fellows please be nice to eachother and dont turn this into a flame war.

Status
Not open for further replies.