• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Portuguese 7 days

Variatio Delectat

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/13
Planet Earth

pamegalex

Renowned Member
20/8/14
Curved ends straps - why didn't I thought of that.

Sent from my iPhone using my fat fingers

rka

Known Member
5/10/12
Not quite, the padding will not reduce the gap. What you need is something like one of the "Curved End Hirsch Straps". I owned one myself and can highly recommend it. http://www.hirschstraps.com/collections/curved-ended-hirsch-straps

Do you use curved or straight spring bars with the curved end straps? Becasue as you can see in this thread (https://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/255295-AWARDED-IWC-5001-GEN-ZF-YL-Comparison), the gap gets even wider with curved spring bars.

higginsd

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/12
Yes, you have to drill new holes closer to the case for the springbars if using curved ends strap. That's why I changed my order at Kaufmann to a non-curved strap.

And you have to use curved spring bars. Hirsch or Kaufmann can deliver curved end straps and curved spring bars (not so easy to find!)

shewie

Renowned Member
27/9/14
London
If you do the analyze - just do it right. This is how it's supposed to look like. First of all -> start with corrected position of the watch.:berry:
OwLbuEH.jpg

thermalboyz

I'm Pretty Popular
29/11/14
United Kingdom
Crooked 10 can be fix by watchsmith. If you decided to get it fix better do movement health check and regulation too at once. This will perhaps identify fault and get it fix early than later.

Sent from my pigeon

Durix

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/6/14
It was corrected by the TD.
What do you think of it now?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Phantomtech

I'm Pretty Popular
28/12/12

ianm

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/10
Yes I saw the images but I tried looking for this strap on this particular IWC model but didn't find any so was wondering if it fit it at all.

I think that style looks good on Omega watches but not so sure how it would look on a 5001. Not very "IWC" like in my opinion.

higginsd

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/12
Nope, no curved spring bars are needed, and no additional holes. Follow the link I provided, read the description and you will discover why.

If you want it perfect then curved spring bars ARE needed and new spring bar holes ARE needed. Don't tell such nonsense here. If you are satisfied by poor solutions then you don't need this. BTW: I cannot even imagine how to put a non-curved spring bar into a curved ends strap of a gen IWC or Kaufmann strap. But you are the coolest and you'll manage the impossible...

EDIT: ah, I see. You are talking about things you don't own. 'Nough said. And that Hirsch is... ugly. Sorry.

Phantomtech

I'm Pretty Popular
28/12/12
If you want it perfect then curved spring bars ARE needed and new spring bar holes ARE needed. Don't tell such nonsense here. If you are satisfied by poor solutions then you don't need this. BTW: I cannot even imagine how to put a non-curved spring bar into a curved ends strap of a gen IWC or Kaufmann strap. But you are the coolest and you'll manage the impossible...

EDIT: ah, I see. You are talking about things you don't own. 'Nough said. And that Hirsch is... ugly. Sorry.

I actually did manage to put straight springbars on a curved strap, but it's a Jacob strap, not a OEM. See these photos how the strap is pretty close to the case:

darthvinh

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
16/3/10
What's the most accurate dial color? I'm loving the white dial with blue font on a blue strap. Is this combo too out there? I feel this is a more dressy conservative watch, not sure if the color I selected aligns with that...

Variatio Delectat

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/13
Planet Earth
I actually did manage to put straight springbars on a curved strap, but it's a Jacob strap, not a OEM.

You sure did, this is no rocket science at all, you just need to make the end of the strap accordingly so a straight spring bar can be put through. Did Jacob make it like this? Looks very good btw, even though it's not quite 5007-ish since there still is a gap, obviously, and personally I prefer it padded like the OEM straps are.

The curved end strap from Hirsch I once owned had a 100% seamless fit to the watch, but I think any of our strap makers should be able to build one, too, in addition they can make the strap corresponding to the special measurements the OEM straps for deployant have, whilst Hirsch only has standard lengths available.