• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

"Official Ploprof Club"

elconquistador

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
10/6/10
I would love to build a real franken of the ploprof. Not a rep gen franken but use a ploprof dial hands and bezel on a round case.
That shape limits when and where you can wear it, but the dial is great.

santre22

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/12
I would love to build a real franken of the ploprof. Not a rep gen franken but use a ploprof dial hands and bezel on a round case.
That shape limits when and where you can wear it, but the dial is great.

Maybe something like this?

111-jpg.21120

Mkovacs13

8/7/13
Yup doing it myself, actually doing it right now lol.
Bezel insert all cleaned up ready for relume:

d93b0d088d8d89aaa796c3c0471ffe69.jpg

The most painstaking part so far is soaking each hour marker separately and cleaning old lume off them.

The bezel lock button seems OK for me, but you can try using dry lube (stuff for bikes) I use finish line Teflon dry lube on bracelets, and on the bezel of the ploprof and it works well. Bezel isn't as stiff now. Before it was near impossible to turn it one handed.

Been waiting to see how your relume turned out, any chance for some pictures of the result?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

scottb57

Renowned Member
25/1/15
This watch has turned me into a crazy person, and I figured the posters on this thread will be the only people who understand. :crazy:

After missing a couple in the last week on M2M, I've now become fully consumed with finding one. I've tried every TD, set my alarm to wake up in the middle of the night to make sure I don't miss one on M2M, even gone into the shady recesses of Aliexpress and DHgate, no love. I've tried making people crazy offers for theirs, NO ONE is willing to part with one!

I even found not one, but TWO dealers who confirmed they had a v1.5 in stock, paid, and then the next day got a refund because they were mistaken.

If anyone has a lead on one of these, PLEASE let me know. I fear for my sanity.

72PwUtF.jpg

Powell21

Renowned Member
22/10/11
63954102e2bfc8731b3d57f250eca781.jpg

What do you guys think V1?
Do ya think the crystal has separated or is it just a grey dial?
Not displeased with with it as I got it for a beater/ travel watch and to check out the size.
It does have happy feet.
Just confused about what version it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
63954102e2bfc8731b3d57f250eca781.jpg

What do you guys think V1?
Do ya think the crystal has separated or is it just a grey dial?
Not displeased with with it as I got it for a beater/ travel watch and to check out the size.
It does have happy feet.
Just confused about what version it is.

That is the Ploppy Lite, note the datewindow location, as opposed to Montys version.

Also it looks like your HEV is about ready to fall out......might want to try to press it back in before it falls out and gets lost

Abdonimum

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/9/15
Does anyone know where to get a good version of the black Ploprof on mesh?

santre22

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/12
Does anyone know where to get a good version of the black Ploprof on mesh?
If you search the M2M sales of RWI and are lucky and quick you maybe can find one. But all the good versions from the trusted dealers are sold out. Therefore they sell very fast on the forum. It was one sold here 2 days ago.

Abdonimum

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/9/15
Thank you. Yes, i wrote with the member but the watch was sold within less than 24 hours i guess.

kman3786

Horology Curious
30/1/15
What price would it take someone to sell your V2. Mine was stolen and I cannot find one anywhere. I am in CONUS and can send paypal.

Thanks!

Gino Moraca

bothomasmusic

Known Member
18/11/14
North Carolina, USA
I want a few rubber straps but need the clasp as well. Most straps I find are just the replacement rubber only. I'm just starting my search but would love for someone to point me in the right direction for rep rubber straps. I've already reached out to a TD but haven't heard back.