• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Forged Carbon (FC) Diver is BACK in STOCK!

nimbus88

6/5/13
Noob FC has a better "yellow" on the moving seconds hand as compared to the JF V5!

Not sure about the crystal quality comparison between the two!

umaxim

13/6/15
Some latest batches of V5 has yellow second hand as gen, some are off white-ish color... I would qc that. What I really wanna know is how FC cases and brushing on ceramic bezel compare between latest Noob and JF... any comments on this? thanks!

Looks as good as my v7 Diver. Imho

Apcheng

17/8/14
Some latest batches of V5 has yellow second hand as gen, some are off white-ish color... I would qc that. What I really wanna know is how FC cases and brushing on ceramic bezel compare between latest Noob and JF... any comments on this? thanks!

Some more pics for yea. Both of mine checked out fine in regards to the seconds hand being yellow.

5e8aTNQ.jpg

As for the FC case, left is Noob Diver; Right is JF Bumblebee

8bf40U0.jpg

M5wAg03.jpg

Lastly, the brushing on the bezel on my Noob Diver is virtually identical to the JF BB.

Hope this helps!

umaxim

13/6/15
@Apcheng Awesome - thanks for sharing this... so both of your divers are from Noob? how you say material feels comparing to BumbleBee? Also how is Xtal vs JF? Looks like your DW is different from stock Noob too??

Apcheng

17/8/14
@Apcheng Awesome - thanks for sharing this... so both of your divers are from Noob? how you say material feels comparing to BumbleBee? Also how is Xtal vs JF? Looks like your DW is different from stock Noob too??

Correct. Both are V4 Noob. Got one for myself and helped my buddy get one too.

The material of the case feels pretty much the same on the JF BB (purchased around Q3 2014) and the Noob Diver. The JF does seem a little bit more polished than the Noob but you have to look very closely to tell a difference.

The Xtal definitely looks better on the JF version. That being said, I dont think its a fair comparison because as you mentioned, I have the original eta date wheels instead of the newer date wheels.

One thing I immediately noticed most about the thiner date wheels compared to JF date wheel (ie my SS v7 Diver) is that it is much harder to read the date on my Noob v4 FC than my JF SS v7.

Gonna wear it around the house for a few days and decide if its a keeper lol

umaxim

13/6/15
[MENTION=88043]Apcheng[/MENTION] thanks mate! Let me know what you decide... I would go for JF version 5 but I'm hesitant about noisy MIYOTA rotor and inability to upgrade to Swiss ETA / Lower beat. Xtal is not a problem, as I have x2 AR from Guru laying around just for FC diver... one question, is the Ti buckle sandblasted dark as Gen / Jf or they use regular SS one?

Apcheng

17/8/14
@Apcheng thanks mate! Let me know what you decide... I would go for JF version 5 but I'm hesitant about noisy MIYOTA rotor and inability to upgrade to Swiss ETA / Lower beat. Xtal is not a problem, as I have x2 AR from Guru laying around just for FC diver... one question, is the Ti buckle sandblasted dark as Gen / Jf or they use regular SS one?

Always glad to help, despite my lack of knowledge! :)

I actually got a new SS Diver along with this shipment. I definitely did not know that it had a Miyota movement until I took off the case back. I originally thought there was something loose inside, so I opened it to check. And sure enough, it was a Miyota movement. All I can say is that I have worn the watch at all because of this. The sound is like there's something loose inside the watch!

I was originally expecting a Noob v5.1 SS with the A2824 movement but apparently this a new Noob v6 (I dont know if there even is such a thing) with the A3120 movement. :doh:

EDIT: The buckle is sandblasted and not like the one for the SS Divers.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
All I can say is that I have worn the watch at all because of this. The sound is like there's something loose inside.

Thanks for the info buddy.

Yeh, it's the same "loose object scraping sound" and/or free spinning rotor, that seems to be the case for practically all miyotas (by design). Makes my miyota reps sound and feel cheap.

I've ordered both a JF and noob. Will see if I can get my modder to swap the movements across as the JF overall looks better (in pics). Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pavo

22/3/14
UK

Yeh, it's the same "loose object scraping sound" and/or free spinning rotor, that seems to be the case for practically all miyotas (by design). Makes my miyota reps sound and feel cheap.

I've ordered both a JF and noob. Will see if I can get my modder to swap the movements across as the JF overall looks better (in pics). Cheers

i did order the noob v4 but have now changed my mind and gone with the Jf for the better case finish and crystal that people talk about. I already have ss Jf diver v7 and the quality is amazing.

I believe a powermatic 80 will fit Jf and noob case can someone more knowledgeable confirm this?

Apcheng

17/8/14

My pleasure.

Let me know how it goes. Honestly, before I got mine with the old noob date wheels, I didn't really like the JF style date font. Now that I have both, I must say that the JF fonts definitely make it easier to tell the date. The Noob fonts look a lil too faint especially with the less clear XTAL on noob Divers.

Anyways, let us know how it goes if you decide to do the swap!

pbarsenal1

21/1/15
I'm going g to go for the jf the crystal on my ceramic noob always disappoints and as an ootb rep the jf for me is the one I prefer

umaxim

13/6/15
The question which I still have: is it possible to put in Swiss ETA or PW80 into new JF's MIYOTA V5 - with appropriate modification from the modded (i.e. movement holder?)??? I really like the JF and want to put in a silent movement in place of 9015, but not sure what is involved... some say it's not possible at all.. any knowledge / reference would be appreciated. thanks

jpohl402

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/7/12
The question which I still have: is it possible to put in Swiss ETA or PW80 into new JF's MIYOTA V5 - with appropriate modification from the modded (i.e. movement holder?)??? I really like the JF and want to put in a silent movement in place of 9015, but not sure what is involved... some say it's not possible at all.. any knowledge / reference would be appreciated. thanks

Sorry I cant be of more help but I know its not "drop in!" Modifications needed... What modifications - that is beyond me & exceeds my skill level !

ArcAngel

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/11/14
Considering to get JF or Noob version.

Will be sending to Vac to mod the watch and wonder which version is better or "more accurate" after the modding? Any advise?

Apcheng

17/8/14
Considering to get JF or Noob version.

Will be sending to Vac to mod the watch and wonder which version is better or "more accurate" after the modding? Any advise?

I'd say JF. The new Noob dw font seems a lil fat compared to JF's.

ArcAngel

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/11/14
I'd say JF. The new Noob dw font seems a lil fat compared to JF's.

+1 thanks for sharing.. Each version have it's pros and cons. So a little hard to decide even I shall be sending for mod

Any more enlightenment? :)