• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

OMEGA Seamaster 300 SPECTRE Limited Edition

D

d4m.test

So what are you saying, yours was already greased and you didn't have to do this, or you did it anyway? What is the 30-m home test?

Sent from my satellite phone.
Yes, it was already greased and I just re-tightened the backcase. The 30-meter test is done cheaply and quickly in a mall. I don´t need all my reps to be waterresistant but to select some for swimming really adds to the fun. Had lots of good summertime moments with this one:)
IMG_6458c_zps3lngozls.jpg

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
Thanks for the link, had not seen that one yet. I would suppose it´s not fading but really wear from tight cuffs/ coarse jacket etc. as it´s most notable in one specific place.

Possibly. Hmmm... Remind me not to wear mine with long sleeves or a jacket then...

scottb57

Renowned Member
25/1/15
Thats very strange since omega web offers nato straps under Accesories category? if they dont sell why do they offer them as accesories??? I think there is a nato "non spectre" grey and black and a nato "sprectre" grey and black wich maybe the restricted one? using common sense straps have a "short" lifespan. For the updated bezel's spacing, Kw normally don't make drastical updates in my experience.

Yes, to be clear I'm only talking about the "Spectre" Limited Edition NATO that's restricted. The "non-Spectre" that @imranbecks and several other members have (Part No. 031ZSZ002045) is not restricted and can be ordered or purchased at any boutique.

Omega does this with other straps as well, like the gorgeous blue/green NATO that comes on the X-33 Solar Impulse Edition. The black/orange, black/red, and black/grey versions are readily available, but the blue/green one can only be purchased with the watch or on a 1:1 exchange for a damaged or worn out strap.

kunimi

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/11/15
i ordered SM300 but TD sent me spectre version QC :D
in my opinion the inner bezel is still the same

kunimi

26/11/15
btw [MENTION=115660]imranbecks[/MENTION], after your review i bought the gen nato strap. it's expensive but the material is really good !

Rjcoolio

18/1/11
Ryan at intime stated that the stainless bracelet won't be available for 1 month :(

MariuszMiglanc

29/9/15
Does anyone know what kind of cape cod is the best to use for the center links? Im trying to find the right one on amazon :)

Wys?ane z mojego D5833 przy u?yciu Tapatalka

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
Cape cod? To brush the center links? I used a nail buffer on mine...

Speaking of the bracelet. I just found a minor nitpick on the bracelet with regards to the 007 logo on the clasp. The rep has the unregistered trademarked symbol "TM" after the 007 on the clasp. But on the gen, it doesn't have the "TM" symbol....

Rep
23268599629_dbab5cbcb2_b.jpg

Gen
22797939617_75cd76f235_b.jpg

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Yes thats the gen. But holy crap! That bidding price its at is ridiculous!!!! How hard is it to just go down to the boutique and getting it from there for a much more lower price? I don't think its sold out everywhere or out of production. Ridiculous.

edit: I just noticed its the brushed parts with the 007 logo from the limited edition SM300. Still a ridiculous amount just for the 007 logo. For me, I'd hate to wear it with the 007 logo. Bad enough the clasp of the bracelet already have the 007 on it....

This strap was bought by a fellow member here, another fellow local. I'll wait for him to come post pics of it lol.

Message crafted while wrestling a juvenile crocodile that's unwilling to be captured and made into leather

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
This strap was bought by a fellow member here, another fellow local. I'll wait for him to come post pics of it lol.

Message crafted while wrestling a juvenile crocodile that's unwilling to be captured and made into leather

Kinda ridiculous to think that the strap he'll use actually costs more than the watch itself.

Macko

30/11/15
My rep should be on the way next week. Guys, if anyone of you consider selling the SS bracelet for a reasonable price, please let me know :eek:)

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Kinda ridiculous to think that the strap he'll use actually costs more than the watch itself.

He does own the gen seamaster 300 co-axial and I think the strap is going on that. I was like "wow dude you must really be a huge 007 fan." Lol

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
He does own the gen seamaster 300 co-axial and I think the strap is going on that. I was like "wow dude you must really be a huge 007 fan." Lol

Oh ok.. If he owns the gen SM300 than I suppose thats alright and somewhat reasonable since its the limited edition 007 logo'ed version of the nato strap.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Oh ok.. If he owns the gen SM300 than I suppose thats alright and somewhat reasonable since its the limited edition 007 logo'ed version of the nato strap.

Actually like what you mentioned some posts back, I prefer it without the 007 logo on the hardware. I'm happy to buy the gen regular nato from omega and use that.
Thanks for your advice regarding the strap I appreciate it.

On a separate note, I think that the v2 inner bezel thickness is the same as the v1 at first glance. I will however do a comparison once I receive my v2. I would also attempt to replace the movement with an ETA one that would fit. ;)

AdamD

30/11/15
Is there an ETA movement that would fit or is the internal dimensions made to the miyoto movement sizes? Id tackle a
Swap over if something was close enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

d4m.test

Is there an ETA movement that would fit or is the internal dimensions made to the miyoto movement sizes? Id tackle a
Swap over if something was close enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
To my knowledge nothing will fit: hands, dial feet, possibly height/location of the crown-stem. The only thing "unreliable" are the glued on movement decorations. Take these off, re-glue them or swap in a factory-fresh, locally bought Myota and it will be fine like forever.