• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP Diver - The Details Comparisons about rep and gen diver.

tinitonsi

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
21/3/14
Even that one, the lumed inner bezel numerals have a different 3D shape, which is only present on the gen.
Oh I see.... If this is the unique difference, I'll stay with my rep forever. $300 vs $15k, lol

umaxim

13/6/15
There was a major improvement in V7 vs V6, so would love to see comparison between V7/V8 and Gen I series.

Ill put up a proper review and pics soon :)

Edit: hopefully i can do it this weekend

Btw i dont mean to discourage anyone, visually ap diver reps are near perfect but if you have someone (especially gen owners) touch your rep, there are instant tells "in the hand"

I bought mine second hand and the moment i played with it i knew it was a gen (of course i opened it up to make sure it had a gen 3120!)

Just a quick pic of the trio
3.5 no strap
Gen strap
V6 bracelet ( i liked my 3.5 better because the v6 minute hand was a different colour which bugged the hell out of me)

7OCr53I.jpg

achapgase

16/5/14
The only difference between the V7 and V8 is the deco mouvement and since it is not an open caseback it is not really interesting and purely a commercial strategy

bangbang

Known Member
29/11/14
Thank you for a great post ... The info was enjoyable to read and would love to own a gem of this fab watch one day

Ls2851

23/6/16
I've read this entire Review 3 times and still learning from it.

maros

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/7/16
Whooo I see this now for the first time! What an amazing review/comparrison. This must be the best of 2014?! Thank you for sharing. We can learn alot from this.

trtr

Renowned Member
10/3/13
Very nice review. That said I've had compliments on my 3.5 from rolex, panerai and tag owners.

b189

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/10/14
Anyone notice that the bezel picks up nicks and scratches quite easily? My V8 diver seems to get a nick here and their way to easy. Almost as if the material is very soft. I'm haveing to polish it real quick once a month or so...not like I'm in construction lol

joey6666

Horology Curious
2/5/14
Thank you my friend, you have made a great comparison, so much valuable insights and information, thank you

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
Anyone notice that the bezel picks up nicks and scratches quite easily? My V8 diver seems to get a nick here and their way to easy. Almost as if the material is very soft. I'm haveing to polish it real quick once a month or so...not like I'm in construction lol

I bought v7 over a year; I wear it once or twice a week and there are no scrateches on bazel or on the case but I don't bang my watches against things when I wear them.
When I'm doing stuff around my house ether inside or outseide I take my watch off the wrist.