• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How To Find A Local Watchsmith

Fake_da_Funk

Renowned Member
16/3/15
I know this is years old but makes me think LMR is some sort of salesman. This is exactly how u would sell someone who has their guard up. Brilliant way of doing this and would work in just about any scenario tbh

pike0158

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/5/15
CONUS
I have just about given up finding a watchsmith in the Bay Area in fact CONUS that will work on 7750 chrono that doesn't charge $300 plus, to service a movement. One even quote $500! Would you know how much he charges for maintanence? Cleaning, lube, etc... I tried sending a repair request but the link is dead. I'm going try calling soon but just wanted to check if you had any pricing info. Thanks. If anyone reading this knows of any watchsmiths that'll service replica pieces around the San Francisco Bay Area, please let know. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places. Thanks.

Lagunax

I'm Pretty Popular
18/4/15
CONUS
Southern California, South Orange County, Laguna Hills 1 mile off 5 Fwy:
http://m.yelp.com/app_bridge?extra=biz_id=davids-watch-and-jewelry-laguna-hills&origin=biz_details
Brought my Noob BPFF in for a broken date wheel, David was able to fix it and waterproof to 4-5 ATM for an incredibly reasonable $50. Waterproofed my TC Sub for $10 too. Can't say enuf good things about this guy - very knowledgeable and reasonable in price! Anyone from Irvine and south should use this guy! Started talking Panerai straps with him after getting to know him a bit, haha!

sinsir

I'm Pretty Popular
7/3/11
A great old post that just won't die.. If anyone knows of a good watchsmith in Chicago area please PM me. Thanks in advance

JMMC

30/11/14
[MENTION=35350]ALE7575[/MENTION]
Does anyone has fresh contact Info for ReplicanTres.com, in Alcalá (Madrid). I emailed them to the address found in their web site [email protected], but I got no answer. May be domain expired. Any other mail or phone number?
You can also answer via PM.

Thanks in advance.

EDITED/UPDATE : positive contact on [email protected]
They dalayed answer (as usually happens in rep world ) but there they are !!! , in case you need a rep friendly watchsmith in Spain.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
@ALE7575
Does anyone has fresh contact Info for ReplicanTres.com, in Alcalá (Madrid). I emailed them to the address found in their web site [email protected], but I got no answer. May be domain expired. Any other mail or phone number?
You can also answer via PM.

Thanks in advance.

EDITED/UPDATE : positive contact on [email protected]
They dalayed answer (as usually happens in rep world ) but there they are !!! , in case you need a rep friendly watchsmith in Spain.

They have been doing changes in the workshop to improve facilities. Besides Manuel Vizcaino (the box) had a traffic accident and he was just recovered some days ago
Those are the reasons of the delay

ALE

Lagunax

I'm Pretty Popular
18/4/15
CONUS
Same guy earlier David's Watch and Jewelry in Laguna Hills, South Orange County, CA only charged me $15 to waterseal and adjust links on my LMPO. I've developed a rapport with him so your prices may vary but still will be extremely reasonable!
image_zps4mso0vbp.jpeg

Lagunax

I'm Pretty Popular
18/4/15
CONUS
Just water sealed my V6F Omega 300 Master Co-axial with David again in Laguna Hills. $10, tipped him $5.
Bringing in my BPSD when it arrives in 2 weeks.

Juspoole

20/9/15
If anyone in Indianapolis please pm me. I noticed a few in Chicago so I could certainly mail watches to them but if there is someone local it would be even better. Great thread btw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rek0001

1/1/13
Whom did you notice in Chicago?
Speedy's out of business, I've used one guy on the north side of Chicago for minor bracelet issues but I wouldn't trust him working on rep movements.

itsmemark

31/10/15
Anyone aware of a watch smith in norther California?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Champagne iH

4/1/14
Whom did you notice in Chicago?
Speedy's out of business, I've used one guy on the north side of Chicago for minor bracelet issues but I wouldn't trust him working on rep movements.

Just to be clear. Speedy is not out of business. He is always overloaded and will take some watches. He is a reasonable person that does a good job. There really are a lot of independent watchmakers especially from Eastern Europe, and South America. Usually the have small jewelry stores with a few watches. My watch smith has been in business for 51 years. They spend a ton of tome changing batteries hoping that real customers for jewelry or real servicing of automatic watches will come in from time to time. They buy their batteries by the 500 count and have at least 50 different sizes. Just be honest up front saying your movement is an Asian replica and build up some rapport. It can go a long way. I first got in touch with my guy over 10 years ago when selling 3 gen Omegas. I didn't want to list on eBay but they would with their name giving a 90?day warranty. In the end both father and son bought 2 of the watches for personal use. We sold one via eBay and he took his 15% which fees were laid from too.

We often have bought reps in the past decade just tovtesrcdownnandblooknfor major mechanical flaws or big tells if dials were very wrong. Not the OVD loupe stuff where a font may have one or two letters off but overall they have been impressed with what I have purchased. Enough where the watch smith has asked me to buy him a second for his personal collection.

"What should we start with?"
"An '82 Margaux."
"Is it good?"
"Good? It will make you believe in God!"

RAMONCITO

2/2/14
Anybody heard of a guy that can lume in Texas area (Houston/Dallas/San Antonio)? Thanks in advance?

vince.cole

Known Member
9/1/16
U.S
great post. had this exact question in my mind. any in san diego? message me if you know! thanks in advance

Enfield

15/5/15
Anybody know of a good watch smith in Goa ( India). I am often in Goa and compared to anything else the amount you pay would be 60% less or more than in Denmark.
Regards
Chr

Nickdao.njd

22/12/15
Luckily, i've found a seasoned watch smith with 25 years of experience.
With a little bit of chit chat, and while waiting for my watch to be serviced, be able to observe the whole process of servicing a tourbillon.
Fascinated i must say.
And the cost going nowhere higher than 20$ for movmt serviced,waterproofing.
Working with all kind of movmts, swiss to chinese.
I'm feeling lucky,that i wont have to worry for any future purchases.

Sent from my Heart using Slap-a-talk

Lagunax

I'm Pretty Popular
18/4/15
CONUS
Picked up 2 entry level 21j beaters from WBK Time last month, a 36mm vintage Rolex and a 39mm Rolex Explorer I.
I knew they wouldn't be Noob/V6F/BP grade water resistant out of the box so took them to my local Southern California watch smith, David's Watch and Jewelry, a mile off the 5 Fwy in Laguna Hills, 10 min south of Irvine (Yelp or Google).
image_zpsmit7or3w.jpeg

Both leaked like a sieve immediately, and on both he had to redo the gaskets and the ring on the screw down crown. On the smaller vintage one he had to reseal the whole plexiglass. The bigger sapphire was fine. Then they were both resealed and tested fine to 4-5ATM - swimming and pool grade.

For all that work, $20 per watch. I tipped him $5 per watch.

Next time I'm gonna bring my new Noob Rolex Sub V6s for water treatment!

http://m.yelp.com/biz/davids-watch-and-jewelry-laguna-hills