• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF PAM127

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
I agree ZF looks good as well, nothing wrong with this version as far as I can tell.
Maybe either @peterpl or @Superman76 can try and take some clear shots of your ZF from the same angles as my noob and Polonus KW? I think it would be very interesting to have a complete comparison :)

This is an interesting initiative from Kilo and Polonus. Please ZF owners try to participate in the comparison review in order to know the truth.
Just contact kilo or Polonus to know the angles of the pics they need

Thanks in advance

ALE

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
Looks nice. I havent worn my ZF PAM 127 for over 2 weeks. I think I will wear it tomorrow :) too many watches not enough wrists. LOL

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
FRONT VIEW
--------------

Noob

DSCN5013.jpg

KW

IMG_0527.jpg

ZF

IMG_9947.jpg

BACK VIEW
-------------

Noob

DSCN5030.jpg

KW

IMG_0535.jpg

ZF

IMG_9941.jpg

kilowattore

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
From the front view

- the most distorted crystal looks to be my noob

- ZF inscriptions look bolder than noob and kw but I suspect this might be a focus issue

- L SWISS MADE L inscription looks smaller on noob, hard to judge as it's very close to the edge and may be distorted by crystal

- Dial cutouts and numbers/indices again hard to judge due to distortion, they all look fine to me.

- CG shape is good in all three, ZF has nicer pin, noob has nicer lever tip KW is in the middle.

- REG T.M. engraving font looks slightly too tall in ZF, very similar in KW and noob

- Crown and tube look very similar in all three versions

- Noob and ZF have sunken CP, KW has faux CP perfectly flat but hands sit too tall on the dial

- All version have wrong minute hand with too wide lume portion

From the back view

- ZF has more evident sunburst on plates

- sunburst brushing on gears is too wough on ZF, the polished effect on the teeth looks better than the others though

- Swan neck shape looks very similar if not the same

- Micrometric screw is worse in noob, with smaller head. Both kw and ZF look good, I slightly prefer KW becaus the head is detached from the swan neck (more credible effect)

- Noob obviously does not have Y incabloc, nice feature in both ZF and KW

- OFFICINE PANERAI FIRENZE engraving look very similar in KW and ZF, more yellow and less crisp in noob.

- Caseback engravings look deeper in KW, nicer but maybe too deep. It probably is the pic, but the serial number in ZF looks too rough, almost like laser engraved.

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
^Good summary. Not biased and neutral review. All have faults but all are good as well

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Thanks kilo for this nice summary
Now we know much more of these reps
Interesting points you have got

Some comments to be added, many of them following kilo indications:

-KW and ZFac tip of the micrometric screws are wrongly pointed (and I don't know or understand the reason)
-Incabloc is a rep part nicely modified but not gen
-Lyre spring is also rep
-Sunburst effect on gen bridges seems in a point about the middle between ZFac (more evident) and KW-Noob (less evident). Anyway gen seems closer to KW-Noob
-IMO caseback engravings are better in Noob and KW
-Of course Swan Neck spring is the same in all versions (and the same as usually in rep A6497) and the shape is horrible as always.
-I don't like the sunburst effect of the ZFac wheels. Noob and KW are really nice
-The best crystal is KW by far and seeing all the QC pics and pics published the more consistent in quality

Waiting for the comparison of the case shape and finish, at this moment the winner is KW (IMHO)

ALE

Lindt

Renowned Member
9/4/15
Slovenia
Thanks kilo for this nice summary
Now we know much more of these reps
Interesting points you have got

Some comments to be added, many of them following kilo indications:

-KW and ZFac tip of the micrometric screws are wrongly pointed (and I don't know or understand the reason)
-Incabloc is a rep part nicely modified but not gen
-Lyre spring is also rep
-Sunburst effect on gen bridges seems in a point about the middle between ZFac (more evident) and KW-Noob (less evident). Anyway gen seems closer to KW-Noob
-IMO caseback engravings are better in Noob and KW
-Of course Swan Neck spring is the same in all versions (and the same as usually in rep A6497) and the shape is horrible as always.
-I don't like the sunburst effect of the ZFac wheels. Noob and KW are really nice
-The best crystal is KW by far and seeing all the QC pics and pics published the more consistent in quality

Waiting for the comparison of the case shape and finish, at this moment the winner is KW (IMHO)

ALE

Now expert has answered all the questions ;)

Autogot

Known Member
26/7/15
Wotancraft is a bit expensive in effect, and the Gunny 74 I think too. You have a lot of options under 100 usd though.

My noob is on a Bakeka which was I think 65 euros:

Trust me, there's nothing more worth your money than a good strap for your PAM :)

Please tell us the name/model of this beauty strap :)

kilowattore

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy