• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex Noob V2 Submariner 116610LV Hulk (Pics)

mostling

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/2/12
Received today from Ryan the Noob latest and bestest (or so they say).
Liking it so far, though not quite as much as my Classic Sea Dweller that i got about a month ago and actually have been wearing it the whole month without taking it off, but the Hulk is a nice piece.
Only thing i could find on it when checking the close up pics is that the pearl is cracked a bit on the bottom, nothing you can see at all to the bare eye though, so no problem for me there.

Took some pics and also took the extension tubes out for some close ups.

kohr

Known Member
20/12/12
Very nice. I have the same watch but from PT, got her yesterday, wearing it now.

mostling

12/2/12
Was checking the pics in photoshop for the crack in the pearl and it actually is not a crack, it's just the reflection from my window... :facepalm:
So no problem at all in the end, besides the paint job is not so nice at this magnification, once again not visible at all to the bare eye.
Pic just cropped and not resized:

D

d4m.test

Very nice, Hulk. Makes me miss mine, but I sold it because the green was too dark, almost black. Still, some day... .

dave

PoptheC

18/5/13
Was checking the pics in photoshop for the crack in the pearl and it actually is not a crack, it's just the reflection from my window... :facepalm:
So no problem at all in the end, besides the paint job is not so nice at this magnification, once again not visible at all to the bare eye.
Pic just cropped and not resized:

OMG, what's happening to the white paint around the pearl?! Sorry to say, the white paint on the whole bezel insert is wayyyy off

pilworx

alien member
8/2/09
same old noob ceramic insert.
the white paint almost completely fills up the entire engraving.

this is what it should look like:

GenlookECUDSSD.jpg

if they could only make a new insert this watch would be just effen spectacular. the biggest feature on the watch is the bezel and if this ain't right...well...

sorry to bash your watch OP, but your pics have shown very clearly what needs to be improved. and this is not some microscopic thing that nobody can notice like some others seem to want to believe. go to an AD and put the gen on your wrist and then go back out into your car and cry.

KCAWSEY

27/6/13
Nice

Thats a nice watch! Macro does bring out some faults but looking at your 1st photos it looks good. Its not a 8k watch, will be putting in an order today:D:, thanks for the photo review, it has made up my mind

Reznor

2/11/12
Isn't the green too dark? The noob hulk V1 had green way more similar to the gen, or am I wrong?

lunkestuds

Horology Curious
14/1/12
Nice Watch. I tried to order it from Ryan about 5 weeks ago, but was told it was sold out. I waited 3 weeks, but nothing happened, so I went for the blue/black GMT Master II instead.

So, how long ago was it you ordered yours?

Thanks, Anders

ianm

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/10
I hope they will finally get a decent ceramic insert. It would make so much difference. How tough can it be? I like the hulk a lot. Congrats.