• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AliExpress experiments - Non-watch products

GetSomeMoney

10/7/13
interesting. Good to know! Thanks for this info, if i tell my wife about it, my watch budget will drop significantly lol
Well technically the budget should go up because you are saving her money since she won't buy it in the stores now [emoji4]

ZoomBoy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/11
interesting. Good to know! Thanks for this info, if i tell my wife about it, my watch budget will drop significantly lol

I always flip-flop between being obsessed with reps for a bit, then niche perfumes. Can't figure out what I've spent more on, but with perfume I always go gen ;)

lindoko

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/7/12
some new shoes. The leather is thin so these are for casual daily use, not for hiking or winter.

shoe_zpsfcozzsue.png

xpletiv

I'm Pretty Popular
3/3/10
D'oh! ^How about where they are from?^

One has to present pics/reviews with sellers info (at least store name) and vise versa, otherwise it's fairly useless.

lindoko

25/7/12
D'oh! ^How about where they are from?^

One has to present pics/reviews with sellers info (at least store name) and vise versa, otherwise it's fairly useless.

it was from the store Leey Hecrafted

MilgaussGV

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
21/8/13
Here's the suit I got.

a35fb1bceceb7f97d19f48b38c3a2118.jpg

Very pleased with the tailoring and finishing, only thing it's made from a different material then described, but all in all perfect for $40 LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GetSomeMoney

10/7/13
Here's the suit I got.

a35fb1bceceb7f97d19f48b38c3a2118.jpg

Very pleased with the tailoring and finishing, only thing it's made from a different material then described, but all in all perfect for $40 LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What kind of material and do they fit true to size? Do you have the seller?

MilgaussGV

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
21/8/13

stxtf

Renowned Member
4/4/11
Nice. I've been thinking of getting a suit from Ali for fun. Now I think I will.

cruzerman

31/12/14
Noob question here: is it possible to pay for stuff on Ali using PayPal? Given that it is not an option on the site, is it possible to ask the seller beforehand and arrange the payment "on the side" ? Or is that a big no-no? (Besides the possibility of getting ripped off )

J_North

14/1/15
Paypal isn't an option on Aliexpress, it is possible to pay with cc tho. If I were you I'd stick to Aliexpress, they have a good buyer protection system.

bbtfastback

Known Member
22/4/15
Guys, i find myself coming to this post 2-3x a day since it started...are there any other forums out there that discuss AE items? I need more trusted reviews!! ;)

SteveSS

19/2/14
I just received my Curren black watch for $10.67 Looks good to me. Came running already on a battery. Waiting on my two 3.95 watches

Tomfun

20/1/13
Yup, I've bought both from Fragrancenet and FragranceX. I think I've purchased a few Creeds, Amouage and Bond No 9 from them. All 100% legit, they are probably the largest online perfume sites - I'd not be worried at all.

I'm looking for some Creed, going to take a look at these as its really expensive and I can't bring myself to pay that much for it!

ZoomBoy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/11
I'm looking for some Creed, going to take a look at these as its really expensive and I can't bring myself to pay that much for it!
No never pay retail on fragrances like that. I think they're $400+ here in Canada at our retail stores. They're all legit products at Fragrance net.

kohr

Known Member
20/12/12
Just picked up my first Aliexpress order from the post office, it's the Shirogorov Tabargan. I'm still waiting on 2 other knives, and a flash light.

Anyway here's some pictures, along with a link ( http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Shir...-Survival-camp-hunt-Tactical/32278966656.html) which has already been mentioned several times in this thread.

a11x5w.jpg

jb1w9h.jpg

i1jwvq.jpg

6ymuyd.jpg

The last pic is a size comparison compared to my Benchmade 585, which I carry everyday.

Onto my review:

The knife came a little bit oily, which isn't much of an issue, as I just had to wipe it clean with a wet paper towel.

Onto the blade; well it seems pretty well centered, there is however a little bit of blade play depending on the adjustment of the pivot bolt. Tightening the pivot bolt too much makes the knife hard to flip open, and hard to close. Loosening the pivot bolt a bit makes the blade flip out pretty quickly, not as fast as my Benchmade 585 with spring assist, but pretty quick. I'm defiantly going to add some loctite to the pivot bolt once I figure out the best spot to keep the bolt at.

Is the knife worth $35? Definitely yes. Will I be carrying this knife everyday? Probably not. It's pretty big, heavy, and I just love my little Benchmade too much.

binatang

Horology Curious
20/3/14
If you like the Benchmade axis lock. You should try looking at the Ganzo brand.
Apparently they were the OEM for Benchmade but had the license to produce their own blades under their name for the Chinese market with the axis lock. The Ganzo G704 & G717 are highly reviewed on YouTube.
I believe the Shirogorov rep is made by/with Ganzo parts.
In any case the Ganzos are cheaper & they are not reps.