• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AliExpress experiments - Non-watch products

kampachi

Renowned Member
7/1/14
Wow.. what a heck load of info here :0 Anyway, im looking for a nice passport holder. Anyone have recommendations? Montblanc, LV, Goyard etc would be nice!

ddmcg2479

11/10/13
Wow.. what a heck load of info here :0 Anyway, im looking for a nice passport holder. Anyone have recommendations? Montblanc, LV, Goyard etc would be nice!

http://m.aliexpress.com/item/1476210634.html

0cec74ad7db0a2b7b97254904d114e54.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AHX

Renowned Member
3/12/10

Hey mate, is that a Fineliner? Could you post a link or the name of the item, if so? I was looking for this, but I couldn't find it, I could only find the no cap ballpoint version here. Would love to get yours instead.

DreadPirateRobert

Wtb Zenith Ton Up Chrono
Advisor
13/6/14
Fire Swamp
G704 is a great knife. It was a bit heavy for me to get used to, but very sturdy tool knife. Top marks!

I've read some very good reviews of that particular knife, so I can say that it seems to be a great budget buy. I do not know anything of the quality control with them, though. That is where I would gave skepticism. Like another person said, go with brands you trust.

I look at steel used (for sharpening and what can hold an edge well) as well as verified craftsmanship and quality control. These are things established brands will prove to you. They are not making designer knives but a higher quality piece. Yes, there is some price inflation for branding, but they make some quality stuff.

Damn, I might need to pick up one of those G704's though. Just to see it for myself.

Ruski91

Respected Member
12/10/12

The LV passport cover i got was not bad - but was not genuine leather. Looks great but smells like chemicals. Not bad for the money though. Check out page 3 or 4 of this thread.

DreadPirateRobert

Wtb Zenith Ton Up Chrono
Advisor
13/6/14
Fire Swamp
I work for a major west coast bank, in an office all day and I carry one. Its just a part of my normal every day carry. Something a man needs, in my opinion.

Those knifes are effing cool, but I can't for the life of me think of why I need one. But I really want one. I am a full time desk diver working in finance... what do you guys need to carry a knife around for?

whoischich

30/12/14
Those MB pens look amazing. Can anybody please explain the difference between a ballpoint and a rollerball? They sound like the same thing, no?

Watch-er

17/7/14
Those MB pens look amazing. Can anybody please explain the difference between a ballpoint and a rollerball? They sound like the same thing, no?

Ballpoint is typically a paste like ink that is applied to the paper. Rollerball is a wetter ink that has a more pronounced look.

ddmcg2479

11/10/13
Ballpoint is typically a paste like ink that is applied to the paper. Rollerball is a wetter ink that has a more pronounced look.

Quite possibly a dumb question but here goes anyway- are the refills interchangeable, so you can turn your ballpoint in to a rollerball?

mclarendude

Legendary Member
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL

I have ordered some. They're pretty good:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-quality-automatic-pencil-0-5mm-264-stroke-free-shipping-Mechanical-pencil/1639847313.html?

Any pics?

mclarendude

Legendary Member
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
Quite possibly a dumb question but here goes anyway- are the refills interchangeable, so you can turn your ballpoint in to a rollerball?

Yes, I just changed one of my Rollerballs into a Finerliner. So all good. Even thought, I don't know if MB makes Ballpoint refills that fit any rollerball MB pen.

mclarendude

Legendary Member
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
Hey mate, is that a Fineliner? Could you post a link or the name of the item, if so? I was looking for this, but I couldn't find it, I could only find the no cap ballpoint version here. Would love to get yours instead.

They don't make fake Fineliner refills, you can buy the fake pen and buy the gen Fineliner refill and install it into the pen. I did that with mine.

AHX

Renowned Member
3/12/10
They don't make fake Fineliner refills, you can buy the fake pen and buy the gen Fineliner refill and install it into the pen. I did that with mine.

I have seen some rep fine liners, his might be a rollerball which is switchable refill so that's all good but it's actually the body of the pen he has I'm keen on. I could only find the ballpoint twist one not the fineliner/rollerball cap body he has.

EDIT: He got back to me. It was from store "AA Pen Store" so I've just bought that Starwalker Doue Rollerball, plus the Starwalker Midnight Black Rollerball version from "The Writing Gene". Shiny for home, black for work! :D

YnvXYJF.jpg

lukko

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
20/11/12
Italy
I've bought on aliexpress these protucts:

-Adidas "Stan Smith" green (shoes) for: 21.95$
-Rayban Wayfarer black (sunglasses) for: 8.56$

On on iOffer:

- Dolce & Gabbana Light blue (parfume) for: 24€

iOffer is reliable?

As soon as i receive the products i will do the photos and post here ;)

EDIT: and Black polo Lacoste :D

ZoomBoy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/11
I've bought on aliexpress these protucts:

-Adidas "Stan Smith" green (shoes) for: 21.95$
-Rayban Wayfarer black (sunglasses) for: 8.56$

On on iOffer:

- Dolce & Gabbana Light blue (parfume) for: 24€

iOffer is reliable?

As soon as i receive the products i will do the photos and post here ;)

EDIT: and Black polo Lacoste :D

Hey man, I'm a huge frag head and would never buy rep perfume. The retail version of it can be had super cheap on grey market sites like Fragrancenet and FragranceX. You'll more than likely get something not close to the original at all. Don't screw around with fake perfumes, no idea what chemicals are actually in there.

Ruski91

Respected Member
12/10/12
Hey man, I'm a huge frag head and would never buy rep perfume. The retail version of it can be had super cheap on grey market sites like Fragrancenet and FragranceX. You'll more than likely get something not close to the original at all. Don't screw around with fake perfumes, no idea what chemicals are actually in there.

+1 its either 1/5 of the actual purfume diluted with water (Like they sell in mall kiosks which pisses me off) or its some BS mixture of unknown crap that smells similar to the actual cologne but not really there. I would definitely steer clear of rep cologne / perfume.

On a related note - [MENTION=41367]ZoomBoy[/MENTION], are those grey market sites you mention actually legit? Such discounts make me feel like its too good to be true? Their Creed cologne is like almost 50% off

lukko

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
20/11/12
Italy

Yes, you're totally right mate. But a "brand" like FM Group, for example, claims to own those perfumes which are actually copies of other famous brands ... The essence smell the same or very similar because it was done with the same compsizione (on Internet there are the compositions of almost all the flavors to be able to do;)) But yes, if I had to realize that it is something really scandalous I throw it away immediately in the trash

However, iOffer as site secure? :)

Sorry for my probably bad english

ZoomBoy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/11
+1 its either 1/5 of the actual purfume diluted with water (Like they sell in mall kiosks which pisses me off) or its some BS mixture of unknown crap that smells similar to the actual cologne but not really there. I would definitely steer clear of rep cologne / perfume.

On a related note - @ZoomBoy, are those grey market sites you mention actually legit? Such discounts make me feel like its too good to be true? Their Creed cologne is like almost 50% off

Yup, I've bought both from Fragrancenet and FragranceX. I think I've purchased a few Creeds, Amouage and Bond No 9 from them. All 100% legit, they are probably the largest online perfume sites - I'd not be worried at all.

Ruski91

Respected Member
12/10/12
interesting. Good to know! Thanks for this info, if i tell my wife about it, my watch budget will drop significantly lol