• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

One more piece!

mitchbaria

Put Some Respect On My Name
15/10/12
I just got the 501b endlinks for my grail 16800.....all that's left is that crazy DWO with open 6 and 9s.....a friend turned me onto cubic-works.com and they have the damn thing pictured but their site hasn't been updated for almost ten years,,,,,their PayPal still accepted payments,,,,, how convenient ,,,,but I can't get them to respond,,,,, apparently they're hooked up to holiday123.com....the guy that set the site up is "Chow Wing Hang" his most current email that I can find is [email protected]... I'm hoping this one works.... I've been tracking this guy for a week now...I don't even care about the nineteen bucks! Ole Chow took a picture of that damn date wheel..so I know he had at least one..... I'm almost ready to hop a plane and show up at Chow's closet to get my damn DWO..... anyway here's my links and I'm gunna post a pic of Chow's DWO in case somebody's got one in a drawer.......

And Here's that F'ing DWO:

GOOD NEWS THE NEWEST EMAIL I FOUND ON CHOW DIDN'T BOUNCE!

Ephry73

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/11
Those are the end links I was watching! Lol. Glad you got them.

You can always use a TC v3 dwo and call it good if you are not going to use a gen movement.

mitchbaria

15/10/12
Man no way.... I've got this thing actually date coded, everything matches.... the clone 3135 is what's going under the hood but the date wheel would drive me crazy if it's not correct.... I've got gen clasp, gen endlinks, gen tube and crown, gen crystal, gen dial... ST case.....

mitchbaria

15/10/12
This watch is what brought me to RWI,,,,,,I started building this watch as a gen and didn't even know there was such a thing as RWI or such a following for rep watches... man you really never know where a breadcrumb will lead! :popcorn:

Smpfan

Renowned Member
18/9/11
Hi mitchbaria,

I cannibalized a date wheel from a cheap and broken rep sometimes ago.
Have a look on it:

View attachment 21952

It is made of brass and only 0,2mm thick. Perhaps you could use such a piece as an overlay, too?

Or a generic Rolex datewheel from wso?

y6ajygy5.jpg

mitchbaria

15/10/12
Hi mitchbaria,

I cannibalized a date wheel from a cheap and broken rep sometimes ago.
Have a look on it:

View attachment 21952

It is made of brass and only 0,2mm thick. Perhaps you could use such a piece as an overlay, too?

Or a generic Rolex datewheel from wso?

y6ajygy5.jpg

That's a beautiful date disc if you have a 3035 movement.,,,,,my problem all along has been that ETA's and clone 3135's run backwards to the one that's pictured there, if youll take a look at the numbers on both wheels you'll see they are inverted. On the DWO,12345 runs counter clockwise...... I think a lot of members have questioned my sanity on why it's been so hard to find the wheel I need! Look at the one up top and compare the order of the numbers to the small one below: Look at the number above 1on both....

GREAT NEWS! THANKS TO OUR OWN tt88 IN A GREAT ACT OF KINDNESS AND OBSERVATION HE LOCATED TWO LAYING AROUND A RWG PARTS LOT AND PM'D ME WITH THE INFO,,,, I GOT THEM BOTH THIS EVENING!

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
awesome mitch! Can't wait to see it!!

mitchbaria

15/10/12
I was in the air on the endlinks. From all the reading I've done the bracelets came with both, so either would suffice, I think it may have some baring on the thickness of the springbars a particular watch was fitted with, but these came available and I got em.... I found them and then after I told the guy I wanted them he listed them on eBay,,,, I started not to bid, but they look to be in great shape so alls well that ends well .... you've been helping and encouraging me from day one Rob and I really appreciate it....Now as long as the republicans don't close the Post Office for another week I should be putting this puppy together.....