• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Welcome to the Brig Miele - 100% accurate reps?

Miele

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
8/5/15
100% is not a rep anymore. It's a gen.
I'm sure anyone without extreme mental retardation or learning disabilities would read between the lines and understand its a figure of speech.

Thanks for your replies everyone! I'll be very active in a few weeks time due to exams, see you around!

JAFO

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/10/13
Ah, I get the same question all the time regarding bags, belts, jewelry, etc. "Can you get me a Love bracelet that weighs exactly the same as the gen?" "Can you get me this bag? I want it to be 1:1 and exactly like the gen." Short answer to all those questions, including the OP's is Nope. There's just no way you can pay a 10th (or less) of the cost of whatever gen item and expect to get something that's 100% accurate or 1:1 or exactly whatever. Now, when you're talking super reps - whether it's watches or bags or belts or whatever - then you're talking about items that are pretty damn close to the real thing. But even then there are going to be subtle differences.

Miele

INMATE
8/5/15
Ah, I get the same question all the time regarding bags, belts, jewelry, etc. "Can you get me a Love bracelet that weighs exactly the same as the gen?" "Can you get me this bag? I want it to be 1:1 and exactly like the gen." Short answer to all those questions, including the OP's is Nope. There's just no way you can pay a 10th (or less) of the cost of whatever gen item and expect to get something that's 100% accurate or 1:1 or exactly whatever. Now, when you're talking super reps - whether it's watches or bags or belts or whatever - then you're talking about items that are pretty damn close to the real thing. But even then there are going to be subtle differences.

Great answer and info, I've got a belt supplier that actually does true 1:1 on Louis Vuitton, Fendi, Gucci belts etc

The only reason his are so HQ is because his sweatshops in New York and he can alter the design at any time.

JAFO

16/10/13
Great answer and info, I've got a belt supplier that actually does true 1:1 on Louis Vuitton, Fendi, Gucci belts etc

The only reason his are so HQ is because his sweatshops in New York and he can alter the design at any time.

Casts his own buckles and everything?

Miele

INMATE
8/5/15
Casts his own buckles and everything?

I think he does. I know the leatherwork is all done by either the highest quality Chinese factory that ever existed or by his sweatshop in the US.

JAFO

16/10/13
I think he does. I know the leatherwork is all done by either the highest quality Chinese factory that ever existed or by his sweatshop in the US.

Well I wanna see em.

Miele

INMATE
8/5/15
Well I wanna see em.

http://www.reddit.com/r/FashionReps...tches_2_lv_belts_2_fendi_belts_and_a/.compact

he's well hidden (model watches) and has the highest quality reps, they can even be passed as factory seconds.

Also, to everyone that says "OMG JUST READ N RESERCH YOU NOOB" I've just handed over the name of one of the best wallet/belt suppliers to ANYONE viewing this thread. There's a difference between being arrogant and having knowledge. People with knowledge on a certain subject often help others.

JAFO

16/10/13
http://www.reddit.com/r/FashionReps...tches_2_lv_belts_2_fendi_belts_and_a/.compact

he's well hidden (model watches) and has the highest quality reps, they can even be passed as factory seconds.

Also, to everyone that says "OMG JUST READ N RESERCH YOU NOOB" I've just handed over the name of one of the best wallet/belt suppliers to ANYONE viewing this thread. There's a difference between being arrogant and having knowledge. People with knowledge on a certain subject often help others.

The pics in that link of the stuff the guy bought - Chinese reps. Now this model watches guy, his photobucket has rep pics, gen pics, and pics pulled from some bag website.

ALTL

Known Member
29/6/13
My personal opinion is that there is no such thing as 100% perfect twins, not even among gens as there will always slight variations, tolerances that will become obvious when any 2 watches are compared with the kind of ocd compulsiveness that drives this hobby.
Having said that you could ask what % of the sales price of a gen is actual cost (materials, QC, transport, packaging, labour), what % is R&D and design, what % is marketing - promotion - hype, and finally what % is profit (not to mention taxes). In theory in the rep game you should be left with actual costs and a small fraction for R&D and design plus the profit and demand-offer interaction should become the selling price.
Then aesthetically you in theory could make a rep that would be in the high 90s% on a par with gen (some materials like ceramic and forged carbon posing specific hurdles). Using exactly the same materials as gen (gold, silver, platinum, etc) you should be able to save well over 70% vs gen pricing.
The movements are another ball game, but since most gens seem to be based in a handful of movements, with varying degrees of in house modification by each maker, again in theory we should be able to get high quality, reliable movements for a fraction of gen costs.
That is if you could do this w/out any risks.
Still a rep that good would end up costing around 10 to 20% of the gens value and not the +/-5% we are paying for super reps...

JAFO

16/10/13
Take this pic for example - he lifted it straight off Gucci's site lol.

GUCCIBELTS2.jpg

Miele

INMATE
8/5/15
The pics in that link of the stuff the guy bought - Chinese reps. Now this model watches guy, his photobucket has rep pics, gen pics, and pics pulled from some bag website.

That stuffs pretty confusing and messy (old outdated stuff from when he started), I contact him via kik and he honestly tells me which of his reps are the best quality.

I've bought both Damier Ebene and Azur belts from him, when I've visited LV store theyve been passed as authentic.

He only ships to the USA as his stocks in the USA, importing from China at the rate that he sells is impossible due to customs and all that's involved in seizing replica items.

silverclaw

I'm Pretty Popular
24/2/13
UK
I didn't know reddit had a rep section!

Miele I doubt this guy makes his stuff in the US, the size of the operation would a) be immensely expensive and b) cause it to be discovered then shut down if in the USA.

JAFO

16/10/13
He only ships to the USA as his stocks in the USA, importing from China at the rate that he sells is impossible due to customs and all that's involved in seizing replica items.

And you bought that? Hook, line and sinker? Dude - it's Chinese. Believe me - I know. I'm not saying he's not selling nice stuff. But he's either buying it local there in NY or he's buying it from China. Hell, I've carried some of my LV bags and wallets into Saks Off Fifth and held em up and compared them too. But they're still Chinese. Otherwise this guy owns a factory employing slave labor and is eyeball deep in organized crime. And if that was the case he wouldn't be selling belts and bags on reddit lol.

Miele

INMATE
8/5/15
I didn't know reddit had a rep section!

Miele I doubt this guy makes his stuff in the US, the size of the operation would a) be immensely expensive and b) cause it to be discovered then shut down if in the USA.

I guess he could gather a few Mexicans and pay anything, then again they could just be super grade Chinese reps.
But then there's the trouble of importing on a massive scale without problems.

Miele

INMATE
8/5/15
And you bought that? Hook, line and sinker? Dude - it's Chinese. Believe me - I know. I'm not saying he's not selling nice stuff. But he's either buying it local there in NY or he's buying it from China. Hell, I've carried some of my LV bags and wallets into Saks Off Fifth and held em up and compared them too. But they're still Chinese. Otherwise this guy owns a factory employing slave labor and is eyeball deep in organized crime. And if that was the case he wouldn't be selling belts and bags on reddit lol.

He's not selling them on reddit, that's simply a review. And most replica factories are sweatshops/illegal either way they're ran - the reason he is so well hidden is because he most likely is knee deep in organised crime, either way I don't care. I'm getting shop grade reps at $80+ a piece

Here's one of his idiot resellers "authentic belts" http://websta.me/n/beltschicago?lang=en

Miele

INMATE
8/5/15
My personal opinion is that there is no such thing as 100% perfect twins, not even among gens as there will always slight variations, tolerances that will become obvious when any 2 watches are compared with the kind of ocd compulsiveness that drives this hobby.
Having said that you could ask what % of the sales price of a gen is actual cost (materials, QC, transport, packaging, labour), what % is R&D and design, what % is marketing - promotion - hype, and finally what % is profit (not to mention taxes). In theory in the rep game you should be left with actual costs and a small fraction for R&D and design plus the profit and demand-offer interaction should become the selling price.
Then aesthetically you in theory could make a rep that would be in the high 90s% on a par with gen (some materials like ceramic and forged carbon posing specific hurdles). Using exactly the same materials as gen (gold, silver, platinum, etc) you should be able to save well over 70% vs gen pricing.
The movements are another ball game, but since most gens seem to be based in a handful of movements, with varying degrees of in house modification by each maker, again in theory we should be able to get high quality, reliable movements for a fraction of gen costs.
That is if you could do this w/out any risks.
Still a rep that good would end up costing around 10 to 20% of the gens value and not the +/-5% we are paying for super reps...

thanks for the solid and well written reply.