• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

J12 Grand Prix Limited Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miguel Piguet

I'm Pretty Popular
14/5/13
The balance wheel was definitely working and will be when people eventually get theirs in the mail, but the real question is 'for how long' will it stay working with those extra plates :giggle: ... Fingers crossed haha

jonnybaws

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/14
The balance wheel was definitely working and will be when people eventually get theirs in the mail, but the real question is 'for how long' will it stay working with those extra plates :giggle: ... Fingers crossed haha

Correct and Correct...
No TD would ever ship a watch that isn't working/hasn't been tested! (well I haven't come across any that do..)
But I don't know of any TD that do a good 2/3 day test run of the watches to see if there are any issues before sending..

Virpag

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/3/13
Mine is ordered now waiting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

infamous18

I'm Pretty Popular
11/12/13
Mine is ordered now waiting

Oh man you're going to get totally screwed!! Why did you do such an unrational thing!???

Obviously kidding, that's great news cannot wait to see some of the glamour shots of this incredible build. Great pick up [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106]

Virpag

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/3/13
Thru PT states May 10 my birthday is May 21 so it's in time for me now just the FC

TheDonSL

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/13
Does anyone know anything on the jewel in the middle of the rotar?

rnrprof

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
24/3/14
United States
Correct and Correct...
No TD would ever ship a watch that isn't working/hasn't been tested! (well I haven't come across any that do..)
But I don't know of any TD that do a good 2/3 day test run of the watches to see if there are any issues before sending..

I know of a dealer who sent pics showing that the second hand had not moved- I did not catch it in the QC pics and it arrived DOA, so some really don't check- I think that they subcontact a lot including picking up reps and taking pics and shipping. There are a number of dealers who I am sure never handle any rep other than the ones they have for themselves- just my nickel's worth

Retina

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
18/12/14
I know of a dealer who sent pics showing that the second hand had not moved- I did not catch it in the QC pics and it arrived DOA, so some really don't check- I think that they subcontact a lot including picking up reps and taking pics and shipping. There are a number of dealers who I am sure never handle any rep other than the ones they have for themselves- just my nickel's worth
yes some dealers do, not all i must add.

jonnybaws

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/14

Agree thats an obvious tell which when critiquing other aspects of the watch some can sometimes forget/overlook
I always ask, when buying a sec @12 watch to ensure the second hand is moving smoothly and not jerky.. that's one way I guess of ensuring the watch is at least working...

mark3

Renowned Member
27/7/14
Agree thats an obvious tell which when critiquing other aspects of the watch some can sometimes forget/overlook
I always ask, when buying a sec @12 watch to ensure the second hand is moving smoothly and not jerky.. that's one way I guess of ensuring the watch is at least working...

This is a good tip i will remember. Puretime offers (sorry if i now make advertising for him) free time accuracy test and waterproof test on all orders now, as it says on his website. it can be more interesting to know this. They do call it time accuracy regulation but i actually dont think they do real time accuracy regulation as we interpret regulation. But all in all it is better than nothing, right?

jcrystal23

23/1/14
This is a good tip i will remember. Puretime offers (sorry if i now make advertising for him) free time accuracy test and waterproof test on all orders now, as it says on his website. it can be more interesting to know this. They do call it time accuracy regulation but i actually dont think they do real time accuracy regulation as we interpret regulation. But all in all it is better than nothing, right?

I recently received a watch from PT with jittery seconds hand. It keeps great time even with the jitters. Just very annoying. Honestly, I am surprised they would send watch with such an obvious flaw. I keep telling myself it could have happened in shipping. I was also told by PT that JF Fac is aware of the problem and is looking into fixing it.

Sent from a traveling phone booth

mark3

Renowned Member
27/7/14
So they did know but just for sake of sales they send it to you. Hopefully JF finds and fixes the problem soon cuz i want to have problems free GPs

Miguel Piguet

I'm Pretty Popular
14/5/13
So they did know but just for sake of sales they send it to you. Hopefully JF finds and fixes the problem soon cuz i want to have problems free GPs

It's always a gamble with the rep movements ... Unfortunately nothing as 'problem free watches' especially reps and especially with the new extra plates . You just have to hope and if any problems, get it serviced because along the line they will eventually need servicing. Even if you did get one that the second hand wasn't jittery and moving smoothly unfortunately after a few weeks it could just STOP .... You just have to be prepared for these temperamental movements....

Status
Not open for further replies.