• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM 388 Rep. Who makes the closest one to the Gen?

krotzn

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/3/15
@ pukka: Did you order from Trusty / Andrew? Did you get it? Everything went fine?

I just emailed him and as soon as I know that it is in stock I'm gonna place my order.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
@ pukka: Did you order from Trusty / Andrew? Did you get it? Everything went fine?

I just emailed him and as soon as I know that it is in stock I'm gonna place my order.

Trusty is not a trusted dealer here, it is TD in other forums
I think is a good dealer

Anyway, try to get this watch from a RWI TD, sending to the dealer above link, to get the forum protection

Up to you

ALE

krotzn

1/3/15
Yeah, but can anyone confirm that this is with non-iverted movement?

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Yeah, but can anyone confirm that this is with non-iverted movement?

In Sead thread
PAM 312-359 are NON-inverted
PAM 351-388-505 and 389 are Inverted

But maybe the final watch is not the same. You should confirm it with the QCpics

ALE

ssclassa80

Renowned Member
Supporter
1/5/13
In Sead thread
PAM 312-359 are NON-inverted
PAM 351-388-505 and 389 are Inverted

But maybe the final watch is not the same. You should confirm it with the QCpics

ALE

Please explain 'inverted'? Do you mean the OP engraving?

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Please explain 'inverted'? Do you mean the OP engraving?

Inverted or NON-inverted layout means the general position of the bridges shape and inscriptions.
On below pics you can see the GEN balance cock (the bridge over the balance wheel) coming from the left to the right side.
On the INVERTED layout rep movement the balance cock is coming from the right to the left side. In this way the overall layout is like a "mirror image" of the gen. The inscriptions have to be inverted to can be read.
On the NON-inverted layout rep movement the DECORATION balance cock comes from the left to the right side like gen. Please note that it is just a DECORATION balance cock because the REAL balance cock is placed always from the right to the left side and you can easily see it under the other parts.
This technical trick allows a decoration in the same position as gen and we are calling NON-inverted layout this decorated movements.

P.9000-GEN%20vs%20KW%20Seagull%20INVERTED--COMPARISON%20TOTALxxxxxxxxxx--_zpsevje8nkt.jpg

GEN P.9000 IN COMPARISON WITH DECORATED Seagull INVERTED
Center- WATCHES IN THE SAME POSITION
Right side-WATCHES ROTATED TO GET MATCHING. See the crowns in different position

P.9000-GEN%20vs%20KW%20Seagull%20V2-COMPARISON%20TOTALxxxxxxxxxx_zpsdca5ynrp.jpg

GEN P.9000 IN COMPARISON WITH DECORATED KW KP9000-Seagull V2 NON-INVERTED
Right side-WATCHES ROTATED TO GET MATCHING. See the crowns in different position
I hope all is clear now

ALE

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
i can't seem to find any TD that has the KW v2 of this model.

Only managed to find this two but no idea what's the difference...

AM388 O ZF 1:1 Best Edition on Black Leather Strap P9000

PAM388 A7750 Modified to P9000 Calibre Looks

Are they from the same or different factory ?

Above links are different watches form different factories

This is a Zfac watch fitted with the first ZFac decorated A7750 movement P.9000 INVERTED layout. The movement showed on the pics is even a movement with painted jewels (maybe the real watch is already with "real" decoration jewels

This a KW watch fitted with KW decorated A7750 movement P.9000 INVERTED layout.
This movement has more accurate balance cock decoration and more accurate balance wheel "hole". The finish of the decoration is also better than ZFac
Even the case and dial are better

Therefore the second watch is more advisable

Anyway there are versions of this watch with NON-inverted decoration and even with Seagull Inverted and NON-inverted and maybe with better price
I recommend you going to a Seagull NON-inverted like below link:
http://www.ttw8888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=352&products_id=1301

ALE

nehnehchui

2/2/13

This is a Zfac watch fitted with the first ZFac decorated A7750 movement P.9000 INVERTED layout. The movement showed on the pics is even a movement with painted jewels (maybe the real watch is already with "real" decoration jewels

This movement has more accurate balance cock decoration and more accurate balance wheel "hole". The finish of the decoration is also better than ZFac

Anyway there are versions of this watch with NON-inverted decoration and even with Seagull Inverted and NON-inverted and maybe with better price
http://www.ttw8888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=352&products_id=1301

ALE
Thanks ALE.

Most likely ordering from sora.

do the v2 still have lug screw issues ?

Oaley

18/3/15
Hi Ale,
can i ask you a Q
i have been following PAM0388 diff reps.
so does this mean this seagull ver of KW has 2 types now? inverted & non inverted?

Thanks
sorry for the confusion if my question is confusing

Inverted or NON-inverted layout means the general position of the bridges shape and inscriptions.
On below pics you can see the GEN balance cock (the bridge over the balance wheel) coming from the left to the right side.
On the INVERTED layout rep movement the balance cock is coming from the right to the left side. In this way the overall layout is like a "mirror image" of the gen. The inscriptions have to be inverted to can be read.
On the NON-inverted layout rep movement the DECORATION balance cock comes from the left to the right side like gen. Please note that it is just a DECORATION balance cock because the REAL balance cock is placed always from the right to the left side and you can easily see it under the other parts.
This technical trick allows a decoration in the same position as gen and we are calling NON-inverted layout this decorated movements.

P.9000-GEN%20vs%20KW%20Seagull%20INVERTED--COMPARISON%20TOTALxxxxxxxxxx--_zpsevje8nkt.jpg

GEN P.9000 IN COMPARISON WITH DECORATED Seagull INVERTED

P.9000-GEN%20vs%20KW%20Seagull%20V2-COMPARISON%20TOTALxxxxxxxxxx_zpsdca5ynrp.jpg

GEN P.9000 IN COMPARISON WITH DECORATED KW KP9000-Seagull V2 NON-INVERTED
I hope all is clear now

ALE

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Hi Ale,
can i ask you a Q
i have been following PAM0388 diff reps.
so does this mean this seagull ver of KW has 2 types now? inverted & non inverted?

Thanks
sorry for the confusion if my question is confusing

Yes KW is using two decorated Seagull types : Inverted and NON-Inverted
But sometimes you cannot find the NON-inverted in all watches

ALE

Matjalee

20/2/13

ALE

Hi Ale, can you tell me, this PAM388 made by Kuvarsit or other factory ? because I've check with Amanda on KW, they don't have this PAM388 non Inverted type with seagull.

Thank you Ale

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
I have only seen this NON-inverted Seagull in Trusty time
Sometimes KW has not in catalogue some KW-V6Fac watches, maybe due to they have still stock of previous versions
Anyway if you wait a little you will find the NON-inverted everywhere

ALE

ssclassa80

Renowned Member
Supporter
1/5/13
Thanks as always ALE for the detailed explanation.
You're knowledge and participation here is a gift :)

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
I would like to know how is the AR on the 388? I've bought a KW PAM359 recently and I must say I'm very disappointed...

Ruski91

Put Some Respect On My Name
12/10/12
I would like to know how is the AR on the 388? I've bought a KW PAM359 recently and I must say I'm very disappointed...

Have you seen the Gen AR? - i can tell you that the gen AR on the 359 is almost non-existent. I have tried it on at an AD and a friend of mine has it as well. Honestly the AR is almost identical on the 359. The 388 is a little better, but same as most of the PAM reps (Chrono's aside)

Pam reps (and gens) for that matter are single coated. Not like Rolies and others which have a double coat of AR. Hope that helps your frustrations a bit.

Superman76

I'm Pretty Popular
8/1/15
I have the zfac version and I love it... Also has gen-like feel and finish

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
I have the zfac version and I love it... Also has gen-like feel and finish

Yes, I agree
But KW is unbeatable in this regard. KW reps have a plus in gen-like appearance

ALE

shewie

Renowned Member
27/9/14
London
I'm proud owner of the latest KW388 V2 and I can tell You It's one of the best KW release to date. It's inhouse made edition of the watch. Lume is perfect, movement is very detailed and has this gen like feeling on wrist and in overall. I would definitely recommend this watch.