• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ceramic Planet Ocean Gen Crystal Install

dsmdave

Renowned Member
15/1/11
Everybody knows that the AR coating on the new 45mm Crpo's is horrid. I have thought about this and thought how can I fix it? Only to come up with the conclusion, I need to buy a genuine Omega crystal.

I am no watch repair person by any means, and I know how long the watch repair places take sometimes, so I was wondering if one of the members on the forum could help me out.

I need someone with the modding skills and tools necessary to remove and install an Omega crystal. The modder has to be from the US and have some feedback on the forum as a reputable person/ modder.

If this sounds like something you are up for PM me with the price you would charge and we can talk things out. Plus you will be the first that I know of to install a gen crystal on the new CrPO.

Thanks Dave and :cheers:

sneed12?

I'm Pretty Popular
13/2/11
Assuming it fits (and there's no way to know except to try, but I'd be surprised if it doesn't) it's a 20 minute job. Popping and reinstalling a crystal is pretty simple.

dsmdave

Renowned Member
15/1/11
Have you confirmed that the gen fits?

I have not,but after talking back and forth with sunnydale he believes that it will. He recently installed one of his crystals into a CrPO and it fit so he came to the conclusion that one would.
Assuming it fits (and there's no way to know except to try, but I'd be surprised if it doesn't) it's a 20 minute job. Popping and reinstalling a crystal is pretty simple.

If it was only that easy. I do not have the tools or the ability to perform such a task, and would like to leave it to the pros that have done other builds before. I'm not going to risk destroying a 300 dollar watch. Would rather pay someone and know that it gets performed right.

dsmdave

Renowned Member
15/1/11
Come on guys help a fellow RWIer out. Its either get this done or I am going to buy a 42mm. I just can't stand the AR (or lack their of).

dsmdave

Renowned Member
15/1/11
Do you have the measurements of the new crystal? Does it come with gasket?

I do not have any measurements, sorry. I am just going by what another member has said. He THINKS that a gen crystal would fit the new CrPO because of his experience in modding his own with his own batch of UPO crystals.

Here is a link to his build thread.

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/first-modded-cr-136447

As far a gasket goes he says that one is not needed as I asked him what all you need to do the install. The only tools he used was a crystal press as he said that you could not pop it out by hand.

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
Cousins sell the gen crystal. There is a part number somewhere on the forums.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
This number guys is for the PO not the CrPO. It’s likely it will fit but until someone try it, no one guarantees that this will work...

dsmdave

Renowned Member
15/1/11
Well got some bad news from G today. Turns out that the genuine 45mm crystal is about 4mm too big to fit in the CrPO.

Now I'm trying to find a replacement crystal. I was wondering if anybody or sunnydale himself could chime in and tell me the dimensions of sunnydales 42mm or 45mm crystal.

Maybe, possibly hoping that the 42mm crystal might fit.

Anybody that could help me out would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Dave