• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review AP RubberClad Bezel Differences into Detail - Noob vs J12

tinitonsi

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
21/3/14
Lol, I heard you just watched him like Tinitonsi, building together is something else

sent from my iPad Air
Yes indeed, very different...
I had the chance to watch & admire a real artist and professional at work. I really felt like at Le Brassus.
Thx Domi for that ;)

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Still unclear to me how much / what type of milling is required on new rep RC bezel to install a gen crystal and compatability between J12 and Noob in case one wanted to use J12 RC bezel on a Noob-Based Franken RC. I ask cause the gen bezel on my RC Franken is slightly damaged and i would like to replace it with the J12.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Asheron82

I'm Pretty Popular
11/6/10
awesome review Zocker, this latest iteration of the JF AP ROO Rc seems more accurate then the first JF release, i need one of this on ny wrist soon!

zocker4711

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
18/3/13
So ok must say dumit thinned the Case etc :) normally I want only the Case Milling from him.
And I wanna install all stuff self, but Dumit told me that I should come with the Parts to him and we build it together :)

So I can't capture Dumit Working Place hehe and the other Part for me was, it is sometimes nice to let do other People the Work and look over there Shoulder :D LOL

but who has do which part on the Watch doesn't make any different...

At the End the Final Result is an AMAZING AP Franken... And I say an Big Thanks to Dumit for these nice 2 Days !!!

Was nice again... And I think the Pics speak for them self ;)

zocker4711

Banned
18/3/13
P.S. I say thanks too for all the Compliments on that review

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Thanks for the review zockie. I will figure out the other special details about the rep bezel myself. My predicament is probably special. I am going to visit Domi for my next Franken once I get my driver's license back from the German authorities. I plan to just watch too, like us all.

jpohl402

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/7/12
once I get my driver's license back from the German authorities.

That's no good buddy, sorry to hear. I've been there too.... Anyway are you enjoying time in the US right now? Safe travels my friend, enjoy yourself ;)

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Enjoying the hot spring in Southern California on the desert-lined beaches… No problem with the Driver's License right now, don't need it, LOL.

zocker4711

Banned
18/3/13
Hey Slaughtie ;) what you must do is to shape the inner ring of the Rep Rubber Bezel 0,5mm bigger...
That would be 0,45mm or so... That you must measure again if you have the Rep Bezel.
Then the GEN Crystal Fit into the Rep Bezel.

But the GEN Crystal is much thicker, but this you know ;) so it could be that you must do one of two things.

1. Use the Rep Rubber Gasket for the Bezel
or
2. If you have the GEN as I have you must shape the Rubber a little

if you don't do, the crystal won't lay down on the Tachy... I saw many Franken where exactley this is wrong.
On gen there is no play btw Tachy and Crystal... The Crystal lay soft on the Tachy...

So let Domi shape the inside of the Rep Bezel and all is fine :)

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Thanks Z. I suppose it is possible to avoid damaging the rubber coating when enlarging the SS part of the bezel from inside

gashers82

1/1/14
Received my RC yesterday and as most watches from J12/JF, its very impressive. I wanted to check how easy it was to install the new RC bezel onto a Noob case. I didn't remove the tachy and gasket, it was just a straight swap. but, The bezel seems to fit without any issues: (crap pictures alert)

But, it wasn't a straight swap the other way round. As others have said before the two Tachy rings are different:

Also checked if other parts were changeable. The end and middle fastenings for the bezel screws are interchangeable. The case back from the J12 will fit the noob case, but again doesn't work the other way round.
J12 on the Right

chris3007

Mythical Poster
24/8/13
Thanks for the info.
What you think about the new JF RC bezel?

Sent from my iPhone 6

gashers82

1/1/14
its definitely a whole lot better then the original Noob version. The construction is gen like, but I couldn't really tell you how close they have got to overall gen like appearance. For me, having the smaller screws and and better texture is good enough