• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JF/J12 Black Rubberclad

jamztio

I'm Pretty Popular
10/1/12
Angus should ask his team to take apart the bezel to show like what they did to some Noob Rolex. Anyway, there's no "amazing!!" anymore on the product page, now it's "outstanding!!". LOLOLOL

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
The construction of the bezel and tachy is different on noob and J12 version.
Changes that it might not fit is 85 %.

sent from my iPad Air

quelfala

Renowned Member
21/6/13
The construction of the bezel and tachy is different on noob and J12 version.
Changes that it might not fit is 85 %.

sent from my iPad Air
If thats the case how about transplanting the noob dial to the j12 case? Hehehe

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
If thats the case how about transplanting the noob dial to the j12 case? Hehehe

That will work, but only for the dial.
You cannot mix J12 and Noob parts, only to a certain extend.
I wanted to build a old Safari using j12 movement with dial and tachy in a noob case to use a jacob strap on it but it does not work.The Tachy rings are different and cannot be modded, you can mod the tachy only from the top and then you loose some printing.
If you press it in and force it, the stem will break.

sent from my iPad Air

vpx

Renowned Member
2/11/10
@guru is correct the JF and NF tachy rings are different construction, but if you keep together tachy + mid case from the same factory the other parts are interchangeable.

jpohl402

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/7/12
I hope you didn't mind me using it for my post on RG.

Not at all !

I actually took these pics from the chinese forum, here is the link: http://watchbus.net/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2064&extra=page=1
Can't wait to see how the RG RC looks, on that one its easier to distinguish the newer vs older model and ofc lets hope the bezel construction is rubber coated steel and not cheap plastic.

Thanks for the link! Agree w both these points!

jpohl402

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/7/12
That will work, but only for the dial.
You cannot mix J12 and Noob parts, only to a certain extend.
I wanted to build a old Safari using j12 movement with dial and tachy in a noob case to use a jacob strap on it but it does not work.The Tachy rings are different and cannot be modded, you can mod the tachy only from the top and then you loose some printing.
If you press it in and force it, the stem will break.

So if one had a gen AP dial but no gen tachy/needed to re-use the tachy - the J12 complete case incl tachy should be fine for a franken, correct? i.e. J12 as donor watch

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
So if one had a gen AP dial but no gen tachy/needed to re-use the tachy - the J12 complete case incl tachy should be fine for a franken, correct? i.e. J12 as donor watch

Sure, better then noob but fitting a gen strap could be done only with gaps.
For RC it doesn't matter, the rep strap is very good and also the clasp.

sent from my iPad Air

Asheron82

I'm Pretty Popular
11/6/10
the JF RC is out on dealer's site but is this the final product or they are still gonna fix those Identity Crisis flaws?

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Whoever bought it, please disassemble it and post a picture of the bezel, LOL.

Daytona1984

Renowned Member
13/2/10
i ordered it two weeks ago. still waiting for my qc pics... will post pics as soon as i have it ;)

RWI650

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
22/7/13
Sweet thanks bro. I have a gen dial and tachy on the way. If this is a good base watch, I'd love to build me a franken.

Daytona1984

Renowned Member
13/2/10
I don't think it's released yet, bro

Hey bro, this is what they have also told me after I have payed... But don't know why they already listed it on their websites and claimed they can get it... Guess I have to be patient for some more time even though I already ordered it over two weeks ago :(

gashers82

1/1/14
Hey bro, this is what they have also told me after I have payed... But don't know why they already listed it on their websites and claimed they can get it... Guess I have to be patient for some more time even though I already ordered it over two weeks ago :(

I don't like it when the dealers do that. Especially if you have an existing relationship with them, like I'm guessing you have