• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP MICHAEL SCHUMACHER 44MM By J12

Miguel Piguet

I'm Pretty Popular
14/5/13
Actually while doing some research there would be a way to imprint Audemars Piquet on on a fitted plate to cover around the top gear and around to the balance wheel making an easy fix to the open case-back. I wish they would do this.

It used to bother me totally but I have found even my watch collector friends have no idea what to look for on an AP anyhow.

I'm sure there is a way they could decorate the movement similar to Gen BUT the problem is would they be willing to do that extra work and I think I already know the

answer that haha .... Hopefully sometime soon . I'm fine with it either way as long as the other visible half of the watch is accurate and appealing enough

daz1201

I'm Pretty Popular
29/9/11
I am all for decoration as long as it doesn't mean the case now has to be thicker to fit all in..The case is too thick as it is....

zero_deficit

I'm Pretty Popular
2/11/12
Well the new Seamaster Chrono shows that an A7750 can kinda look more like gen by adding a decorative plate on top. Though I say this is unlikely since imo a cal3120 doesn't look thaaatt distinctive, as well as the case being already really thick

TheDonSL

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/13
I'm for the decoration if a watchsmith can fix the movement still and add the decoration into a Swiss eta if one wanted to upgrade a watch they love so much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doc0005

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
17/11/13
This thread about Schumacher 44mm or AP GP?

TheDonSL

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/13
Say a prayer and maybe we will get our wish!

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
From a friend who's a senior member here.

Fc GP next year after Schumi.

And MAYBE RG GP.

Hope it happens!!

And where did he got that from ?

I am insisting because, as many aficionados here, we have been following this FC GP very closely.

Besides Imanocov legendary work, early last year Angus try to produce new FC cases based on the worked done by J12, unfortunately there has been some issues with QCs and the project could not go through. (as real FC parts on Noob GP).

Since then Jamztio, senior member here, managed to send his GP to J12 via Ken, for them to study the watch and come up with their own version. The feedback was negative as they claim the watch was to complicated to produce.

According to you/friend it is coming , I would like to you if your friend could give us some hints as which factory will produce it, and if we can expect quality production ! Did they buy the Gen to replicate it. There are very serious challenges to produce this one, Dial, Tachy, Fc parts, besides Zorro who been working ages on it I have not heard of any great FC GP in the pipe.

I would love to know more and I ma sure the rest of the gang as well.

Please let your friend know that we will appreciate if he could chim in and give us some insights...

cheers

jamztio

I'm Pretty Popular
10/1/12
@fire007 They're planning to rep it in the end. I was also surprised. lol
Let's hope they nail the dial right since it'll be a cheaper solution for us with Noob GPs to swap the dial. If not, then I'll stick with my dial. Haha.

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
Hi Jamz, ok buddy , I did not know that. that is good news.

but the real question is: Do you know if they have the Gen handy for it ? Otherwise it will be prone to the same problems especially with Tachy and Dial. I see only a solution : them liaising with you or Zorro To nail the F.cker :):):)

jamztio

I'm Pretty Popular
10/1/12
Hi Jamz, ok buddy , I did not know that. that is good news.

but the real question is: Do you know if they have the Gen handy for it ? Otherwise it will be prone to the same problems especially with Tachy and Dial. I see only a solution : them liaising with you or Zorro To nail the F.cker :):):)

Nope, no gen. So here's hoping they will reach out for advice. If they don't, then it's better to not get our hopes high