• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP ROO Chronopassion - REVIEW & PICTORIAL

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
Watch is sold out....new arrivals in about 3 month

fitipaldi

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/10/10
and it will be more expensive: I just saw Andrew raised the price by $20! (in fact all AP ROO are now $20 more expensive)

QinetiQ

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/8/09
Good thing I snatched one this week then :D

thisismynick

27/12/10
AR on gen chronopassion?

Is it possible that the gen chronopassion has AR'd crystal and/or cyclops? Looks like it from the gen pics IMHO. I know the gen black themes does NOT have AR'd parts, but since this is a special edition...?

Does anybody know for sure?

OSX

Renowned Member
19/12/10
Is it possible that the gen chronopassion has AR'd crystal and/or cyclops? Looks like it from the gen pics IMHO. I know the gen black themes does NOT have AR'd parts, but since this is a special edition...?

Does anybody know for sure?

some older ROO didnt have the ARed cyclop. The newer gen all have AR on the cyclop and No AR on the xtal. I heard on the forum that AP was using such quality xtals that they didnt need any AR... That's why it's worth putting AR on a Rep, although the Gen doent get the treatment.

martinV1

Banned
11/11/12
What version of the chronopassion is this review of?

I know this is a 2011 thread and I see there is a v5 out now. So I wonder if thats the model you reviewed. If not I wonder what the actual improvements are. Besides that I wonder what the flaws are on the v5.

anyone know this?

psychospike

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
5/4/12
Just got back my chronopassion with mods from Goin , Loving it ! so much of a dff when i got the watch outta of the box when i first received it "stock" ...lol

martinV1

Banned
11/11/12
Just got back my chronopassion with mods from Goin , Loving it ! so much of a dff when i got the watch outta of the box when i first received it "stock" ...lol

pictures? what did you change on it that made it look so much better?

martinV1

Banned
11/11/12
didnt know there was a problem with th AR. Thats a deal breaker when you actually would have to mod it first. it takes months and months after you paid to finally get to use the watch.

Any other flaws you know of?

psychospike

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
5/4/12
didnt know there was a problem with th AR. Thats a deal breaker when you actually would have to mod it first. it takes months and months after you paid to finally get to use the watch.

Any other flaws you know of?

Yes , the waiting is a bitch ..the flaws are the standard pushers and the date wheel position ..finally getting to enjoy the chronopassion now ..loving it more den my safari ...lol

blackpam

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
14/9/12
What version of the chronopassion is this review of?

I know this is a 2011 thread and I see there is a v5 out now. So I wonder if thats the model you reviewed. If not I wonder what the actual improvements are. Besides that I wonder what the flaws are on the v5.

anyone know this?

I think this review is V3 based on the post date.

psychospike

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
5/4/12
Took a shot at the chronopassion today :

PC110038_zps3ae475af.jpg