• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

TC - When Enough is Enough

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
That's the impression I was under but it was brought up that he's now using a clone movement. Unless I misunderstood.

Yeh, he's been using a clone 2824 for the last 18months or so. Given that he probably sells hundreds if not thousands of movement units, reliability has been pretty good for an unserviced asian movement.

I don't know jack about movements but my watchmaker said that TC movements are generally a lot cleaner than most Asian rep movements (which are full of baby oil and pubes). Bet some hairy perv assembled this last batch, hope they fire him.

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Yes thanks guys I was just reading about that. I suppose the movements being clones explains the problems. I had no idea he even offered cloned movements, kinda seems nonsensical to do so in such an expensive rep.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
So is the #4 pinion the only thing that differs on this than a regular clone movement?

ColPanic

Supporter
Certified
17/11/13
Yes thanks guys I was just reading about that. I suppose the movements being clones explains the problems. I had no idea he even offered cloned movements, kinda seems nonsensical to do so in such an expensive rep.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that with eta limiting the supply of legit ebauches that clones were the only viable option anymore Any gen Swiss is either NOS or stupid expensive now that the government is "allowing" ETA to choose whom they sell to. (Talk about a cartel! I think this year they will produce only 60% of the ebauches that they did in 2010). Hell even Tag had to develop their own movement and by "develop" I mean "purchase from Seiko" and move assembly to Switzerland to keep that precious "Swiss Made" label.

http://www.watchtime.com/wristwatch-industry-news/technology/watch-insider-tag-heuer-caliber-1969/

http://www.ablogtowatch.com/a-brief-history-of-eta/3/

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
So what's so hard about replacing the winding bridge with reversing wheels anyway..Sheesh, it's a simple fix. Just a matter of a few screws. Can't somebody do this repair and post the pics.

gbxx

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/14
Nothing.

Some folks are pole vaulting over mouse turds. Some are taking the opportunity to take TC to customer service and replica pricing school. And the rest of the issues have already been resolved.

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
You can still buy gen ETA movements theres a couple of very popular sites where anyone can order ETA movements and parts.

Now a bulk order direct from them maybe a diffrent story because the Swatch Group wants to only supply movements to their own brands.

As far as things being resolved no one can speak to that because were not even sure how many members have this problem or will have it. Sure the seller made a brief statement but that hardly means things are resolved.

How this seller handles these problems and his lack of comms to his customers will dictate if its really resolved. These are cloned movements and the source of them is unclear.

gbxx

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/14
The OP said they would request their watch returned broken and replace the parts at their own expense because of the time involved to have TC fix the issue.

As far as I see, everything else is scope creep.

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
That's one buyer and everyone else may not feel the same. Maybe it would be a good idea if you let the seller explain his plan and time frame to repair, replace, or fix these watches himself. Unless he's appointed you his spokesperson, lol.

Let's wait until his plan is formulated and announced to his customers and wait to see how its executed.

gbxx

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/14
Did you think that TC appointed me his spokesperson? That's about as far fetched as me accusing you of being the crusader of all things right and just in the replica watch world.

Haha!

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
The OP said they would request their watch returned broken and replace the parts at their own expense because of the time involved to have TC fix the issue.

As far as I see, everything else is scope creep.
Do Not refer to me as a creep.

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Did you think that TC appointed me his spokesperson? That's about as far fetched as me accusing you of being the crusader of all things right and just in the replica watch world.

Haha!
No of course I don't but I do think your an antagonist and you'd be wise to hear the warnings of TB and Not ignore him.

gbxx

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/14
Do Not refer to me as a creep.

Don't worry.. I'd never do such a thing... It's a pretty standard term in the project management world.

I think there are some folks in the WatchEden area that could use your services. You might just take a quick trip over there to help out.

gbxx

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/14
No of course I don't but I do think your an antagonist and you'd be wise to hear the warnings of TB and Not ignore him.

Really.. TB hasn't sent me any messages directly. What do you think he'd say?

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
BS, you directly insulted me. You can save your horseshit for someone else, now piss off.

If you dont understand what TB meant perhaps you can go ask a grown up to explain it to you.

gbxx

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/14
BS, you directly insulted me. You can save your horseshit for someone else, now piss off.

If you dont understand what TB meant perhaps you can go ask a grown up to explain it to you.

I'll get right on that.

WatchEden still could use your services!