• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

TC - When Enough is Enough

Rudy40

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/10/12
Guy's I would stop arguing before the boss drops the gavel on you guys!

Sent from my Rolex thinking brain!

I want Daytona

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/8/09
BS, you directly insulted me. You can save your horseshit for someone else, now piss off.

If you dont understand what TB meant perhaps you can go ask a grown up to explain it to you.
Dude. Scope creep means additional unexpected scope of work. He was not insulting you.....sigh...

I swear i feel like we are speaking to a wall....

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Lmao, I have never heard that used as a common term, intact I've never heard that in any context.

ColPanic

Supporter
Certified
17/11/13
At long last... I have the watch...

Ordered on March 21, received May 16th, returned to TC due to movement issues on May 21, got it back on August 1.
e9aza7yn.jpg

gbxx

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/14
Did TC repair the watch or does it still need to be repaired?

sanankid

I'm Pretty Popular
18/6/11
Slap a gen insert in there you won't regret it.

I get the idea Thomas is a bit over worked currently. He has always been cordial and responsive to me. However, perhaps I am just lucky. Obviously the communication is lacking in certain instances.

In any event tc makes the best submariner 16610 rep hands down. If you don't believe me just ask bklm, he used tc sourced parts to make his latest batch. Those who can't justify the price need not worry - no one is forcing you to get your watches or parts from Thomas. If you want to bitch about Thomas this is not the place, except for the op, make your own thread instead and take ownership.

SUMIKITO

Supporter and Senior Purveyor of YouTube News
Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California
Perfection comes to those who wait and are patient. In a world without TC, tell me, what would we be wearing? A Gen perhaps ?? .......... or a super expensive franken ? I honestly think that a TC Sub is the best "cash and carry" and best bang for the money in a Rep Sub.............ever...... Patience will deliver.................

ColPanic

Supporter
Certified
17/11/13
When I originally decided I wanted a sub, I didn't know if I would prefer the newer sub-c or the classic 16610, so I decided to get both with the intention of selling one. For a long time he noob sub c was either out of stock or not available with 2836 clone movement (which I felt strongly about) then there was the whole saga with sending the TC back. Long story short, the last few days are the first I've had them both at the same time and for me, it comes down to the bracelet and clasp.

I really, really don't like the "tin can" clasp and hollow mid links on the 16610. I know that it's true to gen, so I'm sure I'd feel the same way about the gen. I like the substantial weight of a bracelet and the ease of adjusting the glidelock. I know that I could put a glidelock on the TC and I have but it feels odd - it think it throws off the balance having a heavy clasp on a light bracelet, plus the main selling point of the TC is how close it is to the gen and once you put a glidelock on it it's killed that aspect of it.

So unless someone talks me out of it, it's going up in M-M in the next day or 2.

Desiree

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/6/14
At long last... I have the watch...

Ordered on March 21, received May 16th, returned to TC due to movement issues on May 21, got it back on August 1.
e9aza7yn.jpg

is is it me or does the Dare cyclops looks damaged? The pearl also kinda of looked overly large, very different from a few I've seen in RL.

ColPanic

Supporter
Certified
17/11/13
That's just not a very good picture. It's a regular (and new) TC V6.

ajymezeg.jpg

rsh

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/4/10
I think the pearl is really good on the TC insert, may not be gen spec but its tiny even under magnifiers (not a 17 inch screen) it looks damn good. Great looking piece colpanic.

sanankid

I'm Pretty Popular
18/6/11
I think the pearl is really good on the TC insert, may not be gen spec but its tiny even under magnifiers (not a 17 inch screen) it looks damn good. Great looking piece colpanic.

Not disagreeing w that but there is a noticable difference between any aftermarket pearl and the gen rolex pearl. At least to me after having both side by side.