• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

16 year old looking for replica

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
Get a Sinn rep.
They are the most under the radar watches and they are very reasonable.
Only a true WIS would call that out as a rep.
Welcome to this wonderful hobby.

DVNE

Put Some Respect On My Name
7/11/12
36mm Explorer 1 from Puretime. Under the radar, you can dress it up or down (with a nato) and it is quite easy to waterproof. You can wear it anywhere.

arcadia

11/8/11
Tag Heuer.

This is a gen but there are a number of very good Tag reps like Formula 1, Link, and old chronos.

mghm3

Renowned Member
2/3/14
15 here, I daily wear a PAM 111 noob v3 and I just got an AP 15400 miyota in white today. Nobody questions them, but that might be because I live in New York, where anything is possible, and my classmates wear genuine breitlings (private school). I am planning on getting a tc sub, and I think you should wear whatever you like, regardless of the stigma (unless it could get you mugged).
Of course, do your research. It took me 2 months from joining to buying my first good rep. I haven't been disappointed with one yet because I spend many hours researching flaws in the reps I buy.

Fiveostang

6/11/12
Tag Heuer.

This is a gen but there are a number of very good Tag reps like Formula 1, Link, and old chronos.

I was thinking the same. For your age it is possible to afford a gen and you still get the credit of having a recognizable brand without screaming this was thousands. Maybe an omega 300m too I mean james freakin bond wore one. Good luck and keep us posted on what you do.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
15 here, I daily wear a PAM 111 noob v3 and I just got an AP 15400 miyota in white today. Nobody questions them, but that might be because I live in New York, where anything is possible, and my classmates wear genuine breitlings (private school). I am planning on getting a tc sub, and I think you should wear whatever you like, regardless of the stigma (unless it could get you mugged).
Of course, do your research. It took me 2 months from joining to buying my first good rep. I haven't been disappointed with one yet because I spend many hours researching flaws in the reps I buy.

WoW teenagers with genuine Breitlings. I guess if you've got it then flaunt it, but I would worry a bit regarding stigma and mugging. I went to a public high school
and wore a gen Timex, no stigma and never got mugged. :eek:hwell:

rhaykal

Renowned Member
18/8/13
My 16 brother got the AP Tour Auto 2012 for Christmas from my parents and he wears it proudly seeing that most kids his age don't even know what it is. I'm 31 and tend to be a bit more picky when wearing certain reps to work as many of the physicians I work with have gorgeous gens so I tend to wear either my Gen Corum or a nice rep PAM where the gen is not completely out of my reach pricewise (my 111, 243, or 292). I do also wear some custom builds, but thats another story.

You just have to choose what you like. I do agree with what others have mentioned. Sinn reps are quite nice and are very well made. If someone does spot it, its not out of reach pricewise either for a gen. Same with some Omegas, Breitlings, and TAGs (Gens being sub $5k). Even a PAM (000,111, etc). Or go the other route and get something like a Diver v6 or ROO as the majority of the public wouldnt know what an AP is.

JAFO

16/10/13
I recommend a rep of a 60 thousand dollar gen!!

egroegart

1/7/13
Welcome. I started collecting reps when I was your age 26 years ago. The reps that I got were pretty horrible then and have come a long way since. Honestly, I say get whatever watch you like and wear it. Every rep that I've ever owned has been out of my league as far as me being able to afford the gen of it and that is still true to this day. Take a look at all the different brands our TD's have to offer and get what you like.

braith7

Renowned Member
29/4/11
Maybe check out a U-Boat Classico U1001

Wouldnt look out of place at you age bracket i would think

Your mates will probably think its a TWSteel ripoff :)

Shooboo

Renowned Member
8/9/13
hey mate,
welcome to the forums.
anyway im from sydney.. i see alot of young people wear g shocks.. like huge dials
i say get a uboat. most people wouldnt know what they are to tell its a rep.
plus its not on the crazy side so if they ask. its not like you spent $10-15k for it.. even if you just say $3-5k its not bad

ill send you a PM as well so it helps you with decision. :)
i personally own 2 uboats and love them hehe
but if you have a small wrist..then you may have to look at something else like perhaps montblanc?

anyway hope that helps

Jixerjr

Horology Curious
24/4/14
hey mate,
welcome to the forums.
anyway im from sydney.. i see alot of young people wear g shocks.. like huge dials
i say get a uboat. most people wouldnt know what they are to tell its a rep.
plus its not on the crazy side so if they ask. its not like you spent $10-15k for it.. even if you just say $3-5k its not bad

ill send you a PM as well so it helps you with decision. :)
i personally own 2 uboats and love them hehe
but if you have a small wrist..then you may have to look at something else like perhaps montblanc?

anyway hope that helps

Gshocks are way too common around my school. Was thinking about getting a "stealth" Rolex on a NATO.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

D

d4m.test

About the best money can get You is a Seiko SKX007 - rough/tough/waterproof and resistant - powered by an in-house-built movement - and just imagine how vintage this will be 20 years later - get this on a budget from Creation Watches (they ship in 3 to 6 days for free) and everybody in the business will know that You choose Your watches well (Robert Redford used the SKX009 in "All is lost" and he couldn´t break it) - don´t know if somebody told You but the Rolex Sub is not waterproof unless You spend money extra sending it back and forth.

432100d1304664292-review-seiko-skx007-divers-200m-02.jpg

and comparison pic of the SKX009 on NATO to a ceramic submariner
IMG_1844.jpg

lumeshot
IMG_1863.jpg

Jixerjr

Horology Curious
24/4/14
About the best money can get You is a Seiko SKX007 - rough/tough/waterproof and resistant - powered by an in-house-built movement - and just imagine how vintage this will be 20 years later - get this on a budget from Creation Watches (they ship in 3 to 6 days for free) and everybody in the business will know that You choose Your watches well (Robert Redford used the SKX009 in "All is lost" and he couldn´t break it) - don´t know if somebody told You but the Rolex Sub is not waterproof unless You spend money extra sending it back and forth.

432100d1304664292-review-seiko-skx007-divers-200m-02.jpg

and comparison pic of the SKX009 on NATO to a ceramic submariner
IMG_1844.jpg

lumeshot
IMG_1863.jpg

Think I found my new watch

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

D

d4m.test

"Think I found my new watch" - that would be great. Check out NATO´s from Paul Hewitt on Amazon:)

Tank007E09_3214_Nightflash1024_zps596c52c7.jpg