• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

KW PAM382, Details = PERFECT?

pretender

Renowned Member
3/12/12
Australia
But seriously hasn't this happened before?
A couple of big releases from Angus and bam! Word from KW or the twisted twins that a better version of same watch is about to come out, then they say " soon, a couple of days, inside of a week, right after this Chinese holiday, a couple hours after a lunar eclipsed, ok 10 days but no longer"......
I read so many guys patiently waiting, like an abused girlfriend, waiting and hoping that it will be the bestest, most accurate, with gen like feeling watch ever made.
Too funny.

couldnt agree more !!

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Most likely the Z-Factory version. Pics or it didn't happen!

Yeah, 1 post after all this time does not give us any confidence in your statement. Since apparently you have been to the shops which offer the best for 8 years now, maybe you should post a bit about your forays into the rep scene, with pictures of course. ;)

Meppers

Horology Curious
17/8/12
Totally understand about the confidence level. Apologies because I'm new to posting and rarely get chance to read forum despite registering almost 18months ago. I tried a dozen times last night to upload an image of my 382 purchase selecting the image from my C drive and downsizing to prescribed widthxheight but it refused to be accepted. No doubt something I'm doing wrong (at midnight so a lame excuse). I checked FAQ over and again but sorry - no joy. I'll work it out somehow and most happy to share that 382 and some other experiences over coming weeks cos its such good fun seeking the ultimate rep.

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
You need to upload the pic to a photo hosting service like photo bucket or imageshack, then copy the URL of the pic and paste it in your post between
tags.

ZoomBoy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/11
Use imgur.com - once uploaded it gives you options for code to paste into this forum. Choose the BB code with the

Meppers

Horology Curious
17/8/12
Many thanks, in fact I did just that about 10mins ago and reply from administrator screening link now. So hopefully link will be available soon.
Looking at the PAM 389 post elsewhere, it does indeed look similar to that Z-factory quality so no surprises. To me the only slight flaw was the font being whitish green rather than pure white seen in images of gen.
The 'instant oxidising' intrigued me - it was real shiny clean when bought but 4 days later in HK pollution its darker already. No probs, that was anticipated attraction anyway.

Now I join the queue of expectant punters waiting to see if KW is even better.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
teaser pics, no more, KW does not like to post pre launch pictures.
20kszvb.jpg

I like the CG corners like gen
I cannot well see the bezel knurling to judge
The colour seems very yellow but maybe is the white balance or other camera or pic setting
Patina seems very "natural" and gen-like

I like it
We will see

ALE

kilowattore

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
The CG rocks!
In my screen the color seems correct.
Hopefully it was worth the wait :)

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
The CG rocks!
In my screen the color seems correct.
Hopefully it was worth the wait :)

This is possible about colour, we would need confirmation from owners

Yes I think the same about the waiting

ALE

Virpag

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/3/13
No offense guys from one photo I do not see mass improvement CG is identical color seems ok I have my ZF and it's a damn good watch the platina is outstanding and amazing watch

kilowattore

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Not saying Zfac is not good, only the CG LOOKS better from that pic. Of course I for one will have to see more before judging. And we don't know the price yet.
I think in the end it will be something like what happened with the different versions of 372, they are all nice with slight differences between each other :)

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
No offense guys from one photo I do not see mass improvement CG is identical color seems ok I have my ZF and it's a damn good watch the platina is outstanding and amazing watch

No offence to you, because we are saying nothing against ZFac version.

Just that the KW CG corners are gen-like. ZFac has inaccurate CG corners and this is evident my friend. Indeed some owners are already posting mods to correct this flaw.
Regarding patina, we will see, because many people are making cleaning experiments and forcing patina. In this way, we cannot know the truth.

We will not comment about bezel knurling and bezel loose working with gaps. We will wait for KW version working to make comparisons

ALE

minge

Known Member
28/2/11
I like the CG corners like gen
I cannot well see the bezel knurling to judge
The colour seems very yellow but maybe is the white balance or other camera or pic setting
Patina seems very "natural" and gen-like

I like it
We will see

ALE

Is there knurling on the bezel on the Gen? Maybe I misunderstand what you are referring to?

The CG looks better, I wonder if we can get parts? ;) Other than that, most interesting thing will be to see what method is used for bezel clicks...

Virpag

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/3/13
No offence to you, because we are saying nothing against ZFac version.

Just that the KW CG corners are gen-like. ZFac has inaccurate CG corners and this is evident my friend. Indeed some owners are already posting mods to correct this flaw.
Regarding patina, we will see, because many people are making cleaning experiments and forcing patina. In this way, we cannot know the truth.

We will not comment about bezel knurling and bezel loose working with gaps. We will wait for KW version working to make comparisons

ALE
Again from one photo you can't tell when KW released and then watch can be taken apart and both CG stacked then a statement can be made based on the photo shadow it's near identical to ZF CG you are stating 1/132 differential
Me I will buy the KW as well and decide which one better too much hype either way

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Is there knurling on the bezel on the Gen? Maybe I misunderstand what you are referring to?

The CG looks better, I wonder if we can get parts? ;) Other than that, most interesting thing will be to see what method is used for bezel clicks...

I mean with bezel knurling the polished and jagged engraved edge to make easy turning the bezel

The CG corners seem, in Sora pic, perfectly copied from gen, unlike ZFac corners which people are now modifying.

Of course we are looking forward the system used for bezel clicks in KW rep

ALE

Perry

12/5/07
After 3 sets of qc photos I cancelled my z factory 382 order and will use those funds to buy the new upcoming Fifty Fathoms. However kuvarsit always seems to produce the higher quality watch and my gut feeling after that this will be the case with the 382. Looks like I will need to come up with another 500 bucks for this watch.

Sultan Brunei

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/12
Ale, does all the bezel in current 382 have loose clicks ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk