• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

TC Sub, FACTS vs. RUMORS

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
LMAO. Busted !

Thomas is yes, but he won't man up and accept this case was damaged when I received it.

Thomas, are you going to replace this damaged case? If not, I will repair it myself, and move on, so much for being honest with you, and letting you know right away about this. All you have done is act like a child, been unprofessional, swear, and bad mouth a fellow watch guy who has studied watchmaking over the last year, learned lots, invested lots, and in return a once friend, well respected man has turned breaking bad. Poor show Thomas.

arcadia

Put Some Respect On My Name
11/8/11
@911flyer: Just to be clear mate, from your own previous posts:

Jan. 20
911flyer said:
My watch came with defects like the others posted, pics and WM explain that:
Dial is left justified
Skinny rehaut
Terrible SEL fitment
Scratched case
Scratched brace
No protectors @ arrival

Jan. 24
911flyer said:
My TCV6 arrived with a misaligned dial and slight misaligned dwo, not to happy about that. Mine is more justified to the left than the center and is going to be fixed by the one and only SSTEEL in Finland.

Feb. 5
911flyer said:
My case from TC was:
-damaged
-had a dent so it wasn't able to be water resistant
-Bezel wasn't rotating because of dent
-dial was misaligned
-rehaut was very shallow
-case was scratched upon arrival
-bracelet was scratched upon arrival
-wasn't packaged with care

You only talked about the dent a few days ago..

The other concerns (misaligned dial, dwo etc) have already been addressed by TC; while the minor ones (wasn't packaged with care, scratches), well, I don't even know why anyone bring those up in this counterfeit forum. Really.

What say you?

dbane883

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/12
I've enjoyed my popcorn.

Its unfortunate that the case is damaged; either before packaging from TC or after..

Regardless, any such claims to have the case replaced post manipulation invalidates any unwritten "warranty".

Given the fact that TC once offered to replace the entire watch was the opportunity to rectify the situation. Since that offer was not accepted, due to inconvenience, then TC from that point on has fulfilled all his obligations as a dealer/supplier/hobbyist/enthusiast.

What other consumer product can you think of where the manufacturer will replace a key component only once you've taken apart the unit? Will Samsung replace a power supply after you've taken it apart? I doubt it.

I think when/where the damage occurred is immaterial once the offer for replacement is made and then declined. From what I understand, he (TC) made that offer. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Lastly, I would personally never swim with a rep. I certainly would never go diving with one. So water resistance beyond a heavy rain or shower is not even in consideration. TC has never promised that his watches are suitable for diving. A reasonable watch aficionado, should not presume and expect any rep to be swim or dive appropriate out of the box.

Move on gentlemen.

911flyer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
15/10/13
EU
@911flyer: Just to be clear mate, from your own previous posts:

Jan. 20

Jan. 24

Feb. 5

You only talked about the dent a few days ago..

The other concerns (misaligned dial, dwo etc) have already been addressed by TC; while the minor ones (wasn't packaged with care, scratches), well, I don't even know why anyone bring those up in this counterfeit forum. Really.

What say you?

Buddy,

I waited for TC to reply on this issue, thats why I didn't want to "go public" first thing. I do as the "code" suggests and contacted the seller first to try and resolve the issue. When it was clear I would not get a reply and was ignored I would let the rest of the forum know. This I also told TC via an email I send hims few weeks back.

So I say, now I will read the rest of all the replies here and catch up on whats going on.

:)

911flyer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
15/10/13
EU
I've enjoyed my popcorn.

Its unfortunate that the case is damaged; either before packaging from TC or after..

Regardless, any such claims to have the case replaced post manipulation invalidates any unwritten "warranty".

Given the fact that TC once offered to replace the entire watch was the opportunity to rectify the situation. Since that offer was not accepted, due to inconvenience, then TC from that point on has fulfilled all his obligations as a dealer/supplier/hobbyist/enthusiast.

What other consumer product can you think of where the manufacturer will replace a key component only once you've taken apart the unit? Will Samsung replace a power supply after you've taken it apart? I doubt it.

I think when/where the damage occurred is immaterial once the offer for replacement is made and then declined. From what I understand, he (TC) made that offer. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Lastly, I would personally never swim with a rep. I certainly would never go diving with one. So water resistance beyond a heavy rain or shower is not even in consideration. TC has never promised that his watches are suitable for diving. A reasonable watch aficionado, should not presume and expect any rep to be swim or dive appropriate out of the box.

Move on gentlemen.

Again, since the watch was already taken apart the right thing to replace was the case. This is what I will forever believe, since work on various components had already been done.

I never declined TC's offer, I did however write in my immediate reply to TC that I don't need to replace all and I like the components of the watch, its the case that is the issue, so lets look at the case to be replaced. I asked him to meet me in a fair way, offered to return the case to him for inspection and all that ladidadida.....

I've got my very nice TC sub on my arm right now. I want right to be right. SO THATS WHAT I AM WAITING FOR. I will move on when this is completely settled.

fortis Persicum

I'm Pretty Popular
24/2/13
Well said

I've enjoyed my popcorn.

Move on gentlemen.

Bandit77

Known Member
25/8/13
This whole situation sucks! I suggest the administrators and Rolex experts get involve and solve this problem once and for all. When something like this happens only objective evidence should be taken into account not personal sentiment.

I personally reviewed the pictures in flickr. I have to go with TC on this one. On the attached screen capture it appears that no dent was present. This is on Jan 16 and is the one located just before the one the dent is apparent for the first time. Unfortunately I am still too wet behind the ears in this hobby and believe eyes other than the parties involve should have a look. I think this issue has gotten too big to be handled on open forum with a myriad of opinions going left and right. This entire situation is only hurting this community.

http://[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/X43Lhus.png[/IMG]

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
It does seem a little strange that your laundry list of complaints on Jan 20 didn't include the case damage and the bezel not moving. Seems like that would be apparent when you or Ssteel were critiquing the rest of the watches problems, down to small case scratches and even the skinny rehaut. Why wasn't the bezel problem mentioned until Feb 5th?

I find that incredibly difficult to understand.

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
This whole saga is not going anywhere, the damage could only be seen when watch was taken a part. The only time this damage could be seen whilst constructed was in the water resistance test, the bubbles I mentioned earlier.

I'm sick of this, I am a 43 year old guy, happily married, honest, and I treat people how I expect to be treated, with respect, and honesty.

I have upheld my end, and indeed been honest, and I guess I will take the hit on this, as the damage was indeed only evident with the watch dissected. I understand taking the watch apart voids any warranty, so as said, I will take the hit on this, and will repair the damaged case myself.

Edward, enjoy your watch, and don't feel bad for any of this, I will in future though insist that people inspect new purchases themselves prior to sending them to me for modding.

REDCELL

11/6/13
Don't worry, It was a sarcasm or a joke. You have to watch Fox News to understand it. They advertise themselves as being "fair and balanced" and they are the most biased "non news" propaganda channel on American TV. Just hearing the words "fair and balanced" makes a non Republican cringe.

...allow me to point you to MSNBC... http://www.msnbc.com/

Not to Hijack....carry on.

Sparty

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/5/09
DFW, Tejas
Glad to see TC took the time to debunk, via the complainants OWN photos, that the damage obviously occurred during the modding.

It's a shame that even after TC offered to return/refund the watch, both 911flyer and SSTEEL decided to defame him. It's also a shame that TC had to take the time to defend against these claims and add more time to an already overwhelming backlog to other members waiting patiently for their watches.

I think 911flyer was taken for a ride by SSTEEL, who damaged the watch and tried to blame it on TC. Lessons learned should be to inspect your own watch and not have it sent directly to a "trusted modder".

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
Glad to see TC took the time to debunk, via the complainants OWN photos, that the damage obviously occurred during the modding.

It's a shame that even after TC offered to return/refund the watch, both 911flyer and SSTEEL decided to defame him. It's also a shame that TC had to take the time to defend against these claims and add more time to an already overwhelming backlog to other members waiting patiently for their watches.

I think 911flyer was taken for a ride by SSTEEL, who damaged the watch and tried to blame it on TC. Lessons learned should be to inspect your own watch and not have it sent directly to a "trusted modder".

You are entitled to your opinion, but you could not be any further from the truth.

arcadia

Put Some Respect On My Name
11/8/11
Buddy,

I waited for TC to reply on this issue, thats why I didn't want to "go public" first thing. I do as the "code" suggests and contacted the seller first to try and resolve the issue. When it was clear I would not get a reply and was ignored I would let the rest of the forum know. This I also told TC via an email I send hims few weeks back.

Huh? You didn't go public with the dent but went public with all the other laundry list of 'defects'?... I'm trying to be kind here mate and understanding but you gotta try harder than that.

@Steel: Regardless if you are honest or not, you were present in the 'crime scene' fixing the loaded gun. Someone just gotta take that hit. I know you will take it like a man and learn from it: never be in that arrangement again. Never assume things. My acquaintance assumed he can easily slip $6big from HK to Mnl without declaring. He is in jail right now caught with the 'loaded gun'. I didn't join this pastime to judge anyone but I hope what happened here changes your perspective next time.

@911flyer: By now I hope we have heard the last of this, mate. No more downer threads please. Good vibes only especially in the Rolex section. I seldom admit this but I've had my share of missing packages, defective parts, and costly charge backs. You'll never read a thread of me bashing anyone. I always knew what gamble I was getting into. That's the nature of the beast and the soonest you will take that into heart, the better this hobby gets. There is no honor among thieves.

D

d4m.test

You are entitled to your opinion, but you could not be any further from the truth.

Can you provide a picture from today of the dented case with bezel and crystal mounted? I'm quite sure the dent should still be visible based on pictures, but I suppose it's possible that is hidden. The dent looks like it extends over the top into the inner edge, and the top looks clearly visible with the crystal on.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk 2

911flyer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
15/10/13
EU
It does seem a little strange that your laundry list of complaints on Jan 20 didn't include the case damage and the bezel not moving. Seems like that would be apparent when you or Ssteel were critiquing the rest of the watches problems, down to small case scratches and even the skinny rehaut. Why wasn't the bezel problem mentioned until Feb 5th?

I find that incredibly difficult to understand.

Please read my previous post.

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
Can you provide a picture from today of the dented case with bezel and crystal mounted? I'm quite sure the dent should still be visible based on pictures, but I suppose it's possible that is hidden. The dent looks like it extends over the top into the inner edge, and the top looks clearly visible with the crystal on.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk 2

Honestly, its hidden, and it tapers on the outer face. I don't have a bezel assembly at the moment, but will get some photos and upload them to my flick set titled "TC Case Related", but to be perfectly honest, I am going to take the hit on this, move on. I have certainly learned a valuable lesson through this saga thats for sure.!

911flyer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
15/10/13
EU
Huh? You didn't go public with the dent but went public with all the other laundry list of 'defects'?... I'm trying to be kind here mate and understanding but you gotta try harder than that.

@911flyer: By now I hope we have heard the last of this, mate. No more downer threads please. Good vibes only especially in the Rolex section. I seldom admit this but I've had my share of missing packages, defective parts, and costly charge backs. You'll never read a thread of me bashing anyone. I always knew what gamble I was getting into. That's the nature of the beast and the soonest you will take that into heart, the better this hobby gets. There is no honor among thieves.

My initial V6 review, I think it was fair: It does include some defects but these defects are to be solved. the case was not known at this point (once again)

[h=2]Official TCV6 V6 thread - Post your pictures and rating here![/h]
Hello Rolex addicts,

There have been some reports about TC's latest creation being a little off his usual perfection. Love to have people post their pictures and thoughts about the watch here.

Here is my story:

Ordered watch in the end of November, was shipped fast and my WM received it in the beginning of January.
Shipping time and transaction rating: 10/10

Watch was received and package opened. Watch only had one protectant on one of two bracelets. One bracelet was pretty danged up. The watch head had no protection and had nicks and scratches upon arrival.
Packaging and care rating: 4/10

The TCV6 has the KH dial, its beautifully crafted and looks super nice. The beveled edges on the dial markers are perfect as to being a rep dial. Fonts are perfect, the rise in the font is good. very nice dial. TCV6 also has a new generation of crown that is almost as good as gen - The teeth are sharp, the Rolex crown is almost spot on and very hard to distinguish it from the real deal if you don't have them side by side and know your shit. TC's bezel assembly is also improved, TC states that the bezel should be the same as the V5, but I for one think it also has more defined and somewhat deeper teeth. TC's crystal is excellent for a rep crystal. Bracelet is well made, but SEL is not as good as the V3. Another thing to mention is the rehaut depth, it seems to vary some from what I have seen so far.
Parts quality rating: 9/10

My TCV6 arrived with a misaligned dial and slight misaligned dwo, not to happy about that. Mine is more justified to the left than the center and is going to be fixed by the one and only SSTEEL in Finland. I'm sure it will look the money after that. :)
Build rating: 7/10

Overall rating (imo) for TCV6: 7,5/10.

911flyer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
15/10/13
EU
Ok boys, I need to ask each and every one of you guys this one question:

- If this would have happened to your self, buying "the best repped sub out of the box" from "the best and most renowned builder" on the forums we all love, would you not ask a question if your case was dented? If your dial is far left centered? If rehaut depth is thin and others peoples are great?

I asked a question regarding this.. - I asked what we can do to solve the problem... The only reply I got was: That I should send it back if the faults are not worth my time and money. Well, that and a whole write up of the problems and comparisons between TC case and SEAN case and some other prototype case.. I understand TC case is a good bang for the buck, but in this case, the case needed to be replaced.

Well as many of you have read on the V6 review I wrote was that HK dial, crown, bezel, all that good stuff is excellent. So why should I send it back? I want to keep it, just replace that case that is faulty...

I wait for my reply again from TC and there is nothing. So, at that point I go ahead and post true pics of the case, and "the full story".

-This is why I didn't post it at first, because at that time I was waiting to work it out with TC. "The forum code"

I am very disappointed in the lack of willingness to come to a conclusion and a solution without attitude and involving the board, yes I did the initial post about my unhappiness, but I gave TC a good 2 week notice on that one, so he knew it would eventually blow up on here.

Also very disappointed to be having issues and being neglected by TC. I just can not believe that it has gone this far, I can't believe the accusations towards SSTEEL, He stood behind TC, ensuring me that "this will be taken care of shortly" and "TC is a very professional man". This has yet to be proven to me...

I highly doubt SSTEEL would hide denting a USD200 sub case. Take me for a ride...? Mate, come on. He is a talented guy with everything to loose - should people think he is a liar and a fony, working on duck tape solutions... -I mean come on. He just won that dark side awards and is a great asset and contributor to the board and all its members. Think about it. Throw away all his hard earned cred for a 200 dollar TC case? No one is that dumb.

And as for that case, How can we get this resolved, TC? I am tired of finger pointing, accusations and all this crap. Give SSTEEL a formal apology (which he deserves). Then, why don't the two of us come to a solution on exchanging that case, "shake hands", and not invest/waste any more time with this? Sound good to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.