• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help or advice needed on a DOA watch with wrongly supplied movement?

Billio

I'm Pretty Popular
15/4/09

My last message to you daz8161, after i received the watch i will refund you the watch. I will not wish to spend anymore time on this watch...

So am I hearing this correctly? You told me to send the watch back so you can replace it with the correct version with a 2836 eta clone movement, I send it back to you and now you're saying as soon as you received it you are going to refund me instead of replacing it? Either way I don't mind but why say you will exchange it then say you will just refund instead?

watchman12345

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/06
I suppose my point is this is a 2836 clone. It's a piece of shit, but visually it is very similar to all the other clones.

Believe me, I feel your pain. I had one in a H-Fac diver and it's a dirty rotten piece of shit. The dealer told me to **** off when I asked for help.

Billio

I'm Pretty Popular
15/4/09
I suppose my point is this is a 2836 clone. It's a piece of shit, but visually it is very similar to all the other clones.

Believe me, I feel your pain. I had one in a H-Fac diver and it's a dirty rotten piece of shit. The dealer told me to **** off when I asked for help.

Yea I get what you mean, the only problem is I read somewhere that the hands from this movement or atleast one of them dont fit onto a true 2836 clone :(

daz, you should take the refund and be happy.

I will accept the refund of course but why make an agreement to say it will be swapped and to return it then change the terms of the agreement once its been sent? Just not a great way to do things

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Understood, but my thought is I would rather have my funds returned then wait for another movement to be put inside that watch. Eaiser to just put this behind you.

watchman12345

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/06
Yea I get what you mean, the only problem is I read somewhere that the hands from this movement or atleast one of them dont fit onto a true 2836 clone :(

I will accept the refund of course but why make an agreement to say it will be swapped and to return it then change the terms of the agreement once its been sent? Just not a great way to do things
Maybe not, but it's a terrible movement. If your dealer will sort you then jump on the offer.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Looks like a clone and def. not a 22J 2813...but I guess that has already been established. All clones are not created equal, there is nothing new about that. But the movement looks like what was advertised and sold as such.

Nimitz

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/5/11

I disagree: a clone ETA 2836 movement accepts ETA parts and therefor any watchmaker can service it. This new movement is unknown to most watchmakers and does not accept ETA parts, and thus it's non serviceable. Makes quite a difference IMHO.

torobravo

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
2/5/10
Guys, this is sold as an Asian ETA clone by the H-factory. If you look at Alex's teardown of it, it looks to be based on a 2824 more than a 21J. It's a shitty clone, but it's still a clone.

+1. Information about this shitty 28xx clone from h factory had been available on this board since June 2013. Read read read! Kudos to John for offering to take it back and put an Asian super clone in there out of his own pocket.

If this thread started in the middle of last year I'd have more sympathy for the op. This is exactly as advertised. It's still an Asian eta clone, no matter how shitty it is. The back is nearly indistinguishable from eta clones except for the dial feet holders and ratchet wheel. The front under the dial is very different admittedly, but good luck asking for those movement shots. There are several big threads here talking about this specific h factory breitling sosf shit movement that are well over 7 months old. I don't mod watches very often at all, and I was well aware of the existence of this movement from h factory.

I'm glad there's more and more attention brought to this shitty h factory movement, but IMHO it's already very public to the point of buyer beware, not TD responsibility. I'd have the same response to someone complaining about a BP factory Swiss movement with signs of age/use.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk 2

So the description on my website is right? I got some questions that I´m not sure how to answer
http://www.torobravos2013.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=25_42&product_id=656

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
From what I understand it's not been cleared yet if it really is a 2836 clone of sort. Maybe stating asian 25j high beat 28, 800 (leaving aside reference to eta 2836) could be the better way to represent it? Just a thought.

Nimitz

28/5/11
According to my watchmaker it has some similarities with the ETA 2836 but keyless works and stem are definitely different, as are some of the visible gears.

Nimitz

28/5/11

My last message to you daz8161, after i received the watch i will refund you the watch. I will not wish to spend anymore time on this watch...

So am I hearing this correctly? You told me to send the watch back so you can replace it with the correct version with a 2836 eta clone movement, I send it back to you and now you're saying as soon as you received it you are going to refund me instead of replacing it? Either way I don't mind but why say you will exchange it then say you will just refund instead?

I suspect this is because H fac only make these watches (SOSF) with this new hybrid movement and so TD cannot get it for you with ETA clone (as has been suggested multiple times in this thread). Or can anyone confirm that they have a SOSF V2 from H factory with an actual ETA clone?

torobravo

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
2/5/10
Guys, this is sold as an Asian ETA clone by the H-factory. If you look at Alex's teardown of it, it looks to be based on a 2824 more than a 21J. It's a shitty clone, but it's still a clone.

From what I understand it's not been cleared yet if it really is a 2836 clone of sort. Maybe stating asian 25j high beat 28, 800 (leaving aside reference to eta 2836) could be the better way to represent it? Just a thought.

But it´s not only asian 25j only, is more than that. The simple asian have plastic insert and movement looks really poor. Not sure how to call this..

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Toro, I'm not telling you what to do but if you know its a crap watch why even bother selling it.

jerkstore

27/12/12
The movement is not a 2836-2 clone. "Clone" means "the same". Most of us are familiar with actual Asian clones. This new movement is completely different from a 2836-2. Even the datewheel won't transfer over. And it's clearly very poorly made. Watchmakers don't have the spare parts or experience to work on it.

For a trusted dealer like Toro to advertise the watch with a 2836-2 clone is false, and at best misleading. I was duped. Those of us who have the tools to open up the watch have discovered this nasty little surprise. It's commendable that Toro has offered me a full refund.

But plenty of noobs are being mislead into buying a nice looking watch with an inferior movement, that will leave them without a good option when it (soon) comes time to repair.

No trusted dealer should make false claims about a movement. Toro and other dealers need to update their websites and product descriptions to avoid misleading their buyers.

torobravo

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
2/5/10
Ok, I would like to update the description. It is more than a 25J watch. If somebody would put a pic you will see the difference.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
How can this (new breed)
sedK3s9.jpg

even be considered a clone of this (2836)
946ks75.jpg

They dont even look anywhere similar on the dial side

tt88

㊙️ Time does not wait ㊙️
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
15/9/12
Village, of course

Because refunding you is much easier daz.

As it has been communicated that both are unfamiliar with the movement and the hands might not fit, which means more time needed to source for them and at the present moment, none of these watches has a 2836 which again means there might not be any set that's readily available. The process might be long and delayed so I believe a straight refund would be a better and speedy solution to this situation.

And since you wouldn't mind, let's leave it as final. Will you both please update co-axial once refund and watch has been received respectively.

torobravo

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
2/5/10
I understand that. But how should I call it in the description?

These are the cheap movements 21 and 25j:

WfvT4ai.png

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
I understand that. But how should I call it in the description?

These are the cheap movements 21 and 25j:

WfvT4ai.png

If you call it "New Breed 25 Jewel Movement" I think it will end confusion.