• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help or advice needed on a DOA watch with wrongly supplied movement?

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Why, please explain?

If you are so concerned about the movement provided in your watch , open the case back upon receiving it and verify it. It's been FIVE MONTHS since you took delivery. Let's forget that it's a fake watch. What store could you go back to 5 months after purchase , and take an item back for a refund ? Not many that I can come up with. But now you expect a TD to suck on a loss out of their pocket after 5 months ? You should be ashamed of yourself for even asking. These are issues you address immediately. Who knows what you may have done to that watch in this time.

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
TimeWillTell, glad your taking care of it for him, but it sucks he had to start a thread to get you to do something about it.

Nimitz

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/5/11
If you are so concerned about the movement provided in your watch , open the case back upon receiving it and verify it. It's been FIVE MONTHS since you took delivery. Let's forget that it's a fake watch. What store could you go back to 5 months after purchase , and take an item back for a refund ? Not many that I can come up with. But now you expect a TD to suck on a loss out of their pocket after 5 months ? You should be ashamed of yourself for even asking. These are issues you address immediately. Who knows what you may have done to that watch in this time.

You are assuming that I demand a full refund, which I do not, just a discount/refund for the amount of the difference in movement value or any other reasonable solution. It sucks that the watch broke but I am fully aware that in the rep game thats my problem, thats why I took the watch to my watchmaker. But he cannot fix it because the TD supply the wrong (cheaper) movement, and thats why I feel kinda ripped off.

So I should be ashamed for complaining about not receiving what I paid for because I only discovered it after 5 months? That just sounds wrong and stupid... I don't open up a watch unless there is a problem with it, why should I?

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
I'm not sure you have any claim to anything after five months, so your outta luck there. It's on you to open the watch and verify what you bought. However if you would have brought this up within a few days of receiving the watch it would be a different story.

If you buy and pay for a watch with a particular movement from a dealer it's on the dealer to be sure he's supplying the customer with what they paid for. Now for a dealer to say sorry the factory gave me the wrong movement is BS, sorry I don't buy it. If your selling something you should know your product, if you don't know your product your in the wrong business.

How many times has a customer purchased a 21J movement watch and received a 25J ETA movement because opps the factory made a mistake?? Practically never. But funny how it just so happens to work the other why isn't it??

If your gonna charge extra funds for a ungraded movement then you need to supply what your buyer is paying for. If not your ripping off your customers so if you want to blame the factory or the factories representative then you need to get a new source for your reps or your not gonna have any customers left to sell to.

Billio

I'm Pretty Popular
15/4/09
I'm the SV whom helped daz8161 buying that breitling from H fact. And NO I do NOT know it is a modified movement. I'm not trained watch maker, even daz8161 didn't know it as a modder how am i suppose to know?? Ask daz8161 how many movement photos i sent him via whatsapp prior to shipping to him? (i'm believing what our fellow "watch smith" has claimed it to be, a 21J movement but modified to 2836 specs)

I would NOT have help daz8161 buy this particular watch from H fact and go thru so much trouble to get this watch to him if i know it is not a 2836 as you all have said.

daz8161, i have said it many times factory will NOT entertain refund or exchange. If factory refund me, i would have refunded you there at once and no questions asked. Another thing i like to say here, we cannot open case backs of watches at wholesaler's office to examine or photo. It is an office for me/runner to pick up watches and payment. We don't sit around and wait for the IP come knocking on the door and we have to climb thru windows to get away, remember this is replica product.

daz8161, i have had whatsapped you close up frontal dial shots, case back, lume shots and several movement photos and even told you the cost of this watch. Let me share the cost of this watch to members here, it is 140 dollars at the wm. Never mind about the profit, but I'm most willingly to cough out the profit plus top up for a A2836 movement for your watch. I will hand over your watch to the watch maker, and swap in a A2836 movement for you. All cost on me.(i believed the mod on duty had informed you about this) Fyi a A2836 movement is about 400rbm at the wm. (66USD) I will whatsapp the photos of the swapped movement to the mod prior to shipping to you.

If anyone in doubt of what i said please chim in..i have NO reason to make myself so much trouble for 40 dollars profit! (not even 40 dollars, because of the lousy exchange rates on pp)

I believed i saw someone mentioned in this thread, watch was sold to daz8161 for 200..? No i didn't sell it to him for 200 dollars, but 200 shipped registered mail and pp fees. So the watch was in fact only sold for 200 - 10 postage - 9 pp fees = 181 dollars on pp.

I initially quoted daz8161 for 200 plus ems 25 dollars but he said he would only pay 200 shipped..

Below is one of the movement shots i sent to daz8161

Not getting into any arguements:

1. I asked repeatedly for a silver 2836 movement and you confirmed multiple times it was a 2836 movement
2. I was on holiday while looking at QC photos on a mobile phone, to me it looked like a 2836 from a glance on a phone.
3. I mod watches with 21j and 2836 movements, I am not a watchmaker nor have never seen this kind of movement before until now in person
4. Watch arrived DOA with wrong movement
5. The supporting vendor said the price was $200 including airmail postage or $225 with EMS. I said I would go for the $200 option. As we both know EMS is cheaper so it isnt like I gained anything from this.

I have now sent the watch back to be replaced for the correct watch and movement.

I thank the supporting vendor for fixing this matter, however I had to involve a mod before this solution was came to.

Billio

I'm Pretty Popular
15/4/09
I'm not sure you have any claim to anything after five months, so your outta luck there. It's on you to open the watch and verify what you bought. However if you would have brought this up within a few days of receiving the watch it would be a different story.

If you buy and pay for a watch with a particular movement from a dealer it's on the dealer to be sure he's supplying the customer with what they paid for. Now for a dealer to say sorry the factory gave me the wrong movement is BS, sorry I don't buy it. If your selling something you should know your product, if you don't know your product your in the wrong business.

How many times has a customer purchased a 21J movement watch and received a 25J ETA movement because opps the factory made a mistake?? Practically never. But funny how it just so happens to work the other why isn't it??

If your gonna charge extra funds for a ungraded movement then you need to supply what your buyer is paying for. If not your ripping off your customers so if you want to blame the factory or the factories representative then you need to get a new source for your reps or your not gonna have any customers left to sell to.

You hit the nail on the head. All I wanted was to get what I asked for.

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
Good to have John's side of the story. I'm sure things will be sorted out now.

For the movement, other than it is using screw to secure the dial feet, its rather much look like the a2836 so unless u know what to look for, it's hard to identify.

And John is right on the cost of the a2836, it's around 400rmb at WM if u only buy a few (I had bought a few from there some time back).

Again, it's unfortunate that the event occurred, but since a solution is given by John, believe it should turn out fine.

I'm the SV whom helped daz8161 buying that breitling from H fact. And NO I do NOT know it is a modified movement. I'm not trained watch maker, even daz8161 didn't know it as a modder how am i suppose to know?? Ask daz8161 how many movement photos i sent him via whatsapp prior to shipping to him? (i'm believing what our fellow "watch smith" has claimed it to be, a 21J movement but modified to 2836 specs)

I would NOT have help daz8161 buy this particular watch from H fact and go thru so much trouble to get this watch to him if i know it is not a 2836 as you all have said.

daz8161, i have said it many times factory will NOT entertain refund or exchange. If factory refund me, i would have refunded you there at once and no questions asked. Another thing i like to say here, we cannot open case backs of watches at wholesaler's office to examine or photo. It is an office for me/runner to pick up watches and payment. We don't sit around and wait for the IP come knocking on the door and we have to climb thru windows to get away, remember this is replica product.

daz8161, i have had whatsapped you close up frontal dial shots, case back, lume shots and several movement photos and even told you the cost of this watch. Let me share the cost of this watch to members here, it is 140 dollars at the wm. Never mind about the profit, but I'm most willingly to cough out the profit plus top up for a A2836 movement for your watch. I will hand over your watch to the watch maker, and swap in a A2836 movement for you. All cost on me.(i believed the mod on duty had informed you about this) Fyi a A2836 movement is about 400rbm at the wm. (66USD) I will whatsapp the photos of the swapped movement to the mod prior to shipping to you.

If anyone in doubt of what i said please chim in..i have NO reason to make myself so much trouble for 40 dollars profit! (not even 40 dollars, because of the lousy exchange rates on pp)

I believed i saw someone mentioned in this thread, watch was sold to daz8161 for 200..? No i didn't sell it to him for 200 dollars, but 200 shipped registered mail and pp fees. So the watch was in fact only sold for 200 - 10 postage - 9 pp fees = 181 dollars on pp.

I initially quoted daz8161 for 200 plus ems 25 dollars but he said he would only pay 200 shipped..

Below is one of the movement shots i sent to daz8161

Sent using Tapatalk

TimeWillTell

I'm Pretty Popular
10/3/09

wrong movement? 180 dollars breitling subjeff, there isn't such a bretling housed a "real" 2836 movement here at wm for 140 dollars. I undertood after my purchasing and some dealers explained to me which makes perfect sense to me, they told me last year Hfac had this supply but at a lot higher cost. If we are looking at the 200 hundred dollars version than it is the modified 2836 from a 21J movement. Till today maker still say it is 2836 movement. I'm too tired to argue or fight with maker's staff over this. You know Hfac is one of the big maker, i already pissed the staff off for this breitling. I wish there was another source for good reps, but unfortunetly this breitling is made by Hfac only. Maybe some other factories have made this breitling, but street quality reps under 50 dollars...

You are right, i should be more cautious with watches i'm not familiar..thanks jeff and fellow members for chimming in.

1. I asked repeatedly for a silver 2836 movement and you confirmed multiple times it was a 2836 movement
2. I was on holiday while looking at QC photos on a mobile phone, to me it looked like a 2836 from a glance on a phone.
3. I mod watches with 21j and 2836 movements, I am not a watchmaker nor have never seen this kind of movement before until now in person
5. The supporting vendor said the price was $200 including airmail postage or $225 with EMS. I said I would go for the $200 option. As we both know EMS is cheaper so it isnt like I gained anything from this.

I have now sent the watch back to be replaced for the correct watch and movement.

I thank the supporting vendor for fixing this matter, however I had to involve a mod before this solution was came to.
daz8161, i will answer to what you posted here.
1. I asked repeatedly for a silver 2836 movement and you confirmed multiple times it was a 2836 movement - it is a silver 2836 (please lets not argue about this movement anymore)
2. I was on holiday while looking at QC photos on a mobile phone, to me it looked like a 2836 from a glance on a phone. - yes i guess you were fooled by this, not to mention i don't know this movement at all
3. I mod watches with 21j and 2836 movements, I am not a watchmaker nor have never seen this kind of movement before until now in person - same here
4. Watch arrived DOA with wrong movement - i never stop you for returning it for repair
5. The supporting vendor said the price was $200 including airmail postage or $225 with EMS. I said I would go for the $200 option. As we both know EMS is cheaper so it isnt like I gained anything from this. - I never said 200 including postage. I will never suggest shipping via nomal registered airmail from gz as first chioce especially at this time of the year, i quoted you the price 200 plus 25 ems shipping. But you said you would only pay 200 shipped. I can pass my cell to tt88 to verify what i said here.

daz8161 is a nice gentleman to deal with, but you have to accept price equal to products. In chinese we say ?????? (you get what you paid for) I'm sure you understand what it meant. If anyone have doubt about the cost and movement of this bretling i have disclosed please check with the TDs here.

My last message to you daz8161, after i received the watch i will refund you the watch. I will not wish to spend anymore time on this watch...

J.

watchman12345

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/06
Guys, this is sold as an Asian ETA clone by the H-factory. If you look at Alex's teardown of it, it looks to be based on a 2824 more than a 21J. It's a shitty clone, but it's still a clone.

D

d4m.test

+1. Information about this shitty 28xx clone from h factory had been available on this board since June 2013. Read read read! Kudos to John for offering to take it back and put an Asian super clone in there out of his own pocket.

If this thread started in the middle of last year I'd have more sympathy for the op. This is exactly as advertised. It's still an Asian eta clone, no matter how shitty it is. The back is nearly indistinguishable from eta clones except for the dial feet holders and ratchet wheel. The front under the dial is very different admittedly, but good luck asking for those movement shots. There are several big threads here talking about this specific h factory breitling sosf shit movement that are well over 7 months old. I don't mod watches very often at all, and I was well aware of the existence of this movement from h factory.

I'm glad there's more and more attention brought to this shitty h factory movement, but IMHO it's already very public to the point of buyer beware, not TD responsibility. I'd have the same response to someone complaining about a BP factory Swiss movement with signs of age/use.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk 2

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07

You should have walked away right then.

watchman12345

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/06
It actually took a few months before even people on here released it was not the same clone as usual. As big_raj said, just by looking at the back of it it is very very similar to the normal clones. I really don't see what the dealer did wrong here. It's the H-factory that is ******* people. This is the same movement as in the H-fac AP diver FC which is still sold here as an Asian ETA...

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
It's a sensitive matter imho.
Since we (or some of us) know about this, we should put a bit of pressure on tds to advertise watches correctly.
As said it's not a recent issue, and assuming someone should not trust what advertised by tds twists the very meaning of trusted dealer. If they say it's Swiss, it should be Swiss and so on, if they get wrong info from factory, we let them know so they have correct info.
On the other hand I don't like to see the dealers pay for misleading info given by factory.

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
We should all avoid H far watches for this reason. I don't think it is dealers fault but at least they could change description since it is a known issue to avoid things like this in future. I understand that we are suppose to read and do our research before we buy but isn't it dealers responsibility to know what they are selling. We are buying from dealers not the factories. So if dealer tells us there is 2836 inside it, I would expect 2836 in the watch. Anything else, I would hold dealer accountable as he sold me the watch claiming on his website that watch had 2836 in it.

Sent from 1:1 app mad with a gen Tapatalk as sample.

Billio

I'm Pretty Popular
15/4/09
You should have walked away right then.

Im guessing you didnt read my post

1. I asked repeatedly for a silver 2836 movement and supporting vendor confirmed multiple times it was a 2836 movement

D

d4m.test

Daz, you should be taking a bit more responsibility here as a modder. Unless you have a 10 year old flip phone, qc photos are very viewable on a phone screen. I've done QC on my phone for most of my orders. The information about this movement is on many threads. The dial feet are held by screws, and is plainly visibly in the QC photo posted here without zooming. I've taken apart less than a dozen watches and I can see that's no super clone. John should replace your movement with a working crap clone, but instead he's giving you a free upgrade to super clone.

If you were a noob, I'd have more sympathy. I bought a SOSF from Sead that had problems. I'm not a modder, yet I fixed it myself and flipped it in m2m with full disclosure, calling it a hybrid 21j/2836 crap movement right in my thread. You should be happy that John's upgrading it for you, not making snide comments about needing to get a mod involved for the results.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk 2

Billio

I'm Pretty Popular
15/4/09
No snide remarks, just saying that I had agreed $200 for the watch including airmail postage not that I beat him down from $225, like it was implied.