• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

DenisSpa WTF

Subjeff

Mythical Poster
26/12/12
Maybe we should make this the "Official Goodbye" thread??:DenisSpa:

rolexwatchfan

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/8/13
He'll change identity and come back...

dubstepcat.gif

Fiveostang

6/11/12
That sucks. someone you see all over the place I hope there is somehow a good ending here.

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State
Funny, the last post of his that I remember reading had an uncharacteristic edge to it.

Really disappointing when this happens. Fortunately it happens infrequently.

SUMIKITO

Supporter and Senior Purveyor of YouTube News
Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California
:DenisSpa:And to think this cat "smilie" was named after him. {or suggested by him}.......time to trash this smilie Mods.......... we don't want to even see it. :facepalm:

smokiedabong

22/8/12
Wonder what happened for him to resort to this. I doubt he had this planned long before, till now he was a genuine, great member. People do crazy shit when necessity strikes.

Fiddo

-----
Patron
Certified
16/2/09
In a Causal Loop
Wonder what happened for him to resort to this. I doubt he had this planned long before, till now he was a genuine, great member. People do crazy shit when necessity strikes.
Indeed...... he very well may be the member we remember. Sometimes things happen that cause people to do the wrong stuff.

w4tchnut

25/4/12
@bmw760, mzcool -- agree, anybody can go rogue. Past performance is not a guarantee.

But given the alternative (nothing, all swinging dicks in the forum are equal), past transactions are all we got.

Dennispa is not a typical scammer.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

SheriffWho

Renowned Member
4/6/13
I know good people f&$k up but it sucks. I haven't been here very long and remember reading lots of Denis' posts and learning a lot. Recently I recall seeing him deal with some thread crapping and I almost wonder if what went on in his franken sale may have actually been a legit concern:

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php?t=169052

He even mentions in that thread the arrival of $2k in rreps from Ryan and it seems like having to withdraw this thread sped a downward spiral of sorts... Leading to charging those reps back and unloading them here. No justification here,
Just a crazy thing.

Either way... Sucks!

Sbybbuser

I'm Pretty Popular
20/7/12
Things like this makes me think twice before purchasing a watch in M2M.
Not only do we have to worry about custom, but we also worry whether we are getting scammed or not.
In my short year in this hobby, I already experienced non delivered item, package arrived containing stone, and a pp claim. On the bright side, It makes me much more cautious when purchasing M2M and in the process, I spent much less than in my "younger" days.
I guess it is all parts of the hobby.
Just be cautious when dealing with other parties. May watch god protects us all.

DRBAFC

Renowned Member
23/3/12
I know good people f&$k up but it sucks. I haven't been here very long and remember reading lots of Denis' posts and learning a lot. Recently I recall seeing him deal with some thread crapping and I almost wonder if what went on in his franken sale may have actually been a legit concern:

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php?t=169052

He even mentions in that thread the arrival of $2k in rreps from Ryan and it seems like having to withdraw this thread sped a downward spiral of sorts... Leading to charging those reps back and unloading them here. No justification here,
Just a crazy thing.

Either way... Sucks!

Wow! What a thread. I guess we owe JCStudio an apology.

Too bad DenisSpa took the pictures down but JCStudio really did a service to this forum. Some may call it threadcrapping but, for a high-value piece, it's better to clarify anything that's ambiguous.

rolexwatchfan

17/8/13
@bmw760, mzcool -- agree, anybody can go rogue. Past performance is not a guarantee.

But given the alternative (nothing, all swinging dicks in the forum are equal), past transactions are all we got.

Dennispa is not a typical scammer.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

But not long time ago I've read about similar scam artist who racked up posts, perfect sales score and then disappeared with the members money. Seems reputation allows to scam people on a larger scale, dragging along other members of the forum who cannot understand later, how it could have happened. Some of us have been played, all of us have lost a bit of trust from the TD's who will be more cautious about multi dollar sales. Hopefully members won't end up being forced to CC or Wire transfer sales only. That might leave us vulnerable to another scam expressway - from new TD's. I'm sure that I've read about it here somewhere...

Tanto91

30/3/12
I kinda always thought he was a bit of a f*ckface...but I bet there is more to this story. He's been selling a lot of watches hasn't he? And ordering 7 watches at $300 a piece would be $2100 which is "thousands of dollars" (as posted in the scam warning).

I wonder if it started as a legit order (ie he sold a bunch of his watches and bought 7 or so new ones?) and then things went south for some reason b/w him and the TD, and then he went and did the dumbest thing ever by going to paypal. People will do super weird/dumb shit when they are really, really mad. How many watches did he try selling of his "new stock"? Just one? That could have been before things really went to hell. I mean, if you were going to pull some shit like this and planned it that way from the get-go, why would you do it thru a TD who has an "in" with the forum (ie the people who are going to buy the watches you stole)?

Well whatever, I still think he's a f*ckface, and I'm guessing its only a matter of time before none of us will be allowed to pay with PayPal anymore...so thanks a lot dude.

Wacker23

I'm Pretty Popular
22/8/09
Shame... I read his last sales thread and a very knowledgeable noob took him down. Looks like it made him lose it.

murkness

2/4/13
I wonder if it was angus. I was just doing some searching and he was on rep geek complaining about the tudor black bay and angus. Seems like they had a huge bout. Shame.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Rudy40

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/10/12
I can tell you that I personally had multiple good transactions with him. I know at least 6 other people who did as well. I'm sure his track record with TD's was extensive. We are not talking about a member who just posted funny pictures or "GLWS". There is plenty of content and interaction from Denis. Which goes to show you that anyone can go rogue. I can't explain why this happens. It's sad , because we lose someone we considered a friend. We wouldn't be posting here , in shock if we didn't believe in the guy. But sadly , people resort to desperate measures

sometimes for whatever reasons.
Like I said in another post I made in his sales thread,,,,,,,,I'm HURT!,,,,,I had a lot of dealings with him,,,,,And considered him as a good friend,,,,,I would like to hear his side of the story,,,,,but I don't know if that's going to happen or not!
And how are you guys being blocked? I tried to PM him but it wouldn't let me send it!,,,,Is that what you mean by being blocked?
Any how!,,,,,I'm really hurt about all this! I just don't understand it? Dam!

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Like I said in another post I made in his sales thread,,,,,,,,I'm HURT!,,,,,I had a lot of dealings with him,,,,,And considered him as a good friend,,,,,I would like to hear his side of the story,,,,,but I don't know if that's going to happen or not!
And how are you guys being blocked? I tried to PM him but it wouldn't let me send it!,,,,Is that what you mean by being blocked?
Any how!,,,,,I'm really hurt about all this! I just don't understand it? Dam!

Blocked on Social Media Rudy. You can't PM him here because he is " No Sale'ed ". I have his email if you want it. But I doubt he will answer.

Rudy40

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/10/12
Blocked on Social Media Rudy. You can't PM him here because he is " No Sale'ed ". I have his email if you want it. But I doubt he will answer.
Thanks Bro! I already got his personal Email and already emailed him,,,,Has he got you blocked on Groupme to?
I know awhile back he wanted my phone number and info to add me,,,,But never used it much,,,,always talked through Email with him! I will write him this weekend and mail it to him! Weather he wants to hear from me ,,,or not!,,,,he's going to! Wow! Just can't believe it!