• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

TC V6 for Christmas

emdeevee

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
24/5/13
Southern California
Sorry, but I have to completely disagree with you. We are hearing from the inevitable complainers, whether or not justified, aka the squeaky wheels. Meanwhile, the silent majority sits by, most unaware that there is any controversy (myself included), while TC gets skewered by a small handful of people.

If anyone has received a watch from a TD in GZ, and also a watch from TC, you know how meticulous TC is, right down to the packaging. Obviously with at least hundreds if not thousands of sales each release, TC is going to need some help!!! Is he supposed to hand-make every watch when you know he's selling a ton of these?

Also, don't talk of a QC process of which you can only guess! 5 bad reviews do not statistically mean anything.

Cool your jets. TC is doing fine and so are his clients.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Bandit77

Known Member
25/8/13
Sorry, but I have to completely disagree with you. We are hearing from the inevitable complainers, whether or not justified, aka the squeaky wheels. Meanwhile, the silent majority sits by, most unaware that there is any controversy (myself included), while TC gets skewered by a small handful of people.

If anyone has received a watch from a TD in GZ, and also a watch from TC, you know how meticulous TC is, right down to the packaging. Obviously with at least hundreds if not thousands of sales each release, TC is going to need some help!!! Is he supposed to hand-make every watch when you know he's selling a ton of these?

Also, don't talk of a QC process of which you can only guess! 5 bad reviews do not statistically mean anything.

Cool your jets. TC is doing fine and so are his clients.

I have to agree Emdeevee here guys. I have purchased 2 watches from TC and the quality is top notch. One thing I have learned in the rep community is that a lot of things are based on opinion and not hard evidence. Hard statistical evidence is non existent. As I mentioned on RG regarding the A7750, if we really want to know what is going on we should not base things on opinions. Sadly for many years many so called scientific fields were plagued with this. It was not until they changed to an evidence base approach that things began to change.

It is understandable to get pissed if you get a lemon. We all work hard for our money and get really disappointed when something like this happens. Just remember that you can get problems with Porsche, Mercedes, and yes even ROLEX. There is a reason why warranties exist. During the manufacturing process there is always the probability of a mistake. My suggestion is to contact TC and solve the problem directly with him. He is an honorable man IMHO. I am sure he will make it right. I don't think there really is a need to vent these issues in open forum.

Garyb

I'm Pretty Popular
3/11/13
On the V6 you get a dial that no one else has!! That alone is worth the extra price of the watch. If you can't see the difference between TC's new KH dial and every other rep dial out there your eyes are bad, the difference is visible without a loupe. I saw it in the pictures but you really have to see it in person!

maroon

Known Member
3/11/13
i do not have my camera with me as i am on vacation ... sorry bad phone pics ... but i would like to restate (quote myself again), he really does a nice job and came perfect. no scratches, no nothing ... plastic everywhere, visually brilliant ...

2013-12-28093716_zpsc047044a.jpg

2013-12-28093535_zpse4cfbffa.jpg

2013-12-28093513_zps09d46436.jpg

Doright

Renowned Member
3/8/13
I agree that probably a large percentage of TC's watches are near perfect. I feel fortunate to have received one myself. I don't agree, however, that those who received a watch with flaws should keep it to themselves and contact TC directly and privately. Isn't this forum about sharing information, positive and negative? Have we put TC on such a pedestal that not a negative word be spoken? I hope not. If he's shipping out sub-par V6 Subs, he deserves the negative reviews.

Sent from my DROID

Redxds

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/3/13
I finally got my V6 in today. And I'm well pleased. The crown guards look nice, bezel turns as it should, date wheel is centered nicely, runs quietly, my dial has no left cant, it's just a fantastic out of the box rep! The only issues I can find with my sample is of course the known V4 bracelet, the cyclops is ever so slightly canted, and to change the date took quite a bit of finesse? For now I like the vintage insert, I'm sure I'll scratch the hell out of it soon along with the crystal. I seem to be hard on watches but I rarely take them off no matter what I'm doing. I can put a vintage look on a new watch without having a sack of nails in no time lol. In a nutshell I got a gem. I'm very satisfied with what I now have on my wrist! It's has some flaws although minor to me and can be addressed easily. I do however have a couple of questions though as I'm still learning....

Should I get a replacement crystal with a LEC be more accurate?
What about AR on the cyclops?
And with the slight roundness of the insert what model would this be more accurate on?
Other than Gen I have no answer to the bracelet...I think a Gen Fliplock would go nicely though.

Sent Via Tapatalk HD

PoptheC

18/5/13
I agree that probably a large percentage of TC's watches are near perfect. I feel fortunate to have received one myself. I don't agree, however, that those who received a watch with flaws should keep it to themselves and contact TC directly and privately. Isn't this forum about sharing information, positive and negative? Have we put TC on such a pedestal that not a negative word be spoken? I hope not. If he's shipping out sub-par V6 Subs, he deserves the negative reviews.

Sent from my DROID

+1

Can't believe that TC sub is so undebatable. Come on guys, be more open minded.
It is a fact that TC produces one of the best subs and most of them are near perfect. Nevertheless, are we being refrained from discussing the "defective" ones?

Garyb

I'm Pretty Popular
3/11/13
Redxds, Get a gen insert and don't look back! I'm looking for an ar Cyclops but just because I want one, your watch more closely resembles a Y series and it would not have come with ar or lec crystal. Only thing it's missing for a Y series is the bracelet model stamped on the inside of the bracelet.

Redxds

2/3/13
Redxds, Get a gen insert and don't look back! I'm looking for an ar Cyclops but just because I want one, your watch more closely resembles a Y series and it would not have come with ar or lec crystal. Only thing it's missing for a Y series is the bracelet model stamped on the inside of the bracelet.

I'll look for that thanks! I also have a stamped 93250 bracelet from Yuki with a seriously messed up clasp. Can this be added to TC's solid end links? I could the take the thicker more sturdy fliplock from Yuki and add the Cornet of TC's and have something quite nice.....possibly?

Sent Via Tapatalk HD

arcadia

Put Some Respect On My Name
11/8/11
You have many helpful guys here to answer you in your queries. Kindly click the link on my sig below for more details on what you're asking. I will update it later on for additional infos.

Redxds

2/3/13
You have many helpful guys here to answer you in your queries. Kindly click the link on my sig below for more details on what you're asking. I will update it later on for additional infos.

Will do! Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lambda

Known Member
17/6/13
So has anyone received a reply from TC yet regards to the off centered dials? My last message to him which is u replied to is about 7 days already...

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk 2

flieger123

Renowned Member
7/2/13
My tc v6 is not perfect, and frankly not that happy with the quality issues. I am not at all bothered by likeness to gen, but its a few build issues I feel shouldn't happen on a waych I paid $600+ on. The end links are not secure, they wobble up and down, and when on the wrist does not feel tight. as a result the sel is not very fitting. Also the Bezel is loose, it feels like it was not put in properly, if I place my finger on the the "15" the "45" stick out like a see-saw. Not sure if I am conveying what is happening well enough through words but I am confident it is not a common occurrence on TC Subs. And I have an off centred dial to boot. These are simple fixes I wish I knew how to fix myself. Emailed TC about it hopefully I can send it back to him to fix. Mine was shipped from Taiwan, so I'm thinking Thomas himself didn't build mine, though I could be wrong, but I assumed he was American.

So has anyone received a reply from TC yet regards to the off centered dials? My last message to him which is u replied to is about 7 days already...

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk 2

He is on Holiday from what I understand.

lambda

Known Member
17/6/13
My tc v6 is not perfect, and frankly not that happy with the quality issues. I am not at all bothered by likeness to gen, but its a few build issues I feel shouldn't happen on a waych I paid $600+ on. The end links are not secure, they wobble up and down, and when on the wrist does not feel tight. as a result the sel is not very fitting. Also the Bezel is loose, it feels like it was not put in properly, if I place my finger on the the "15" the "45" stick out like a see-saw. Not sure if I am conveying what is happening well enough through words but I am confident it is not a common occurrence on TC Subs. And I have an off centred dial to boot. These are simple fixes I wish I knew how to fix myself. Emailed TC about it hopefully I can send it back to him to fix. Mine was shipped from Taiwan, so I'm thinking Thomas himself didn't build mine, though I could be wrong, but I assumed he was American.

He is on Holiday from what I understand.

Same sentiments here.. I paid close to $585 USD for mine, which is not chump change to many out here. I really expected something better after holding off for two versions and hearing so many positive reviews. I hope you get a reply on yours soon, if you do please update me!

flieger123

Renowned Member
7/2/13
Same sentiments here.. I paid close to $585 USD for mine, which is not chump change to many out here. I really expected something better after holding off for two versions and hearing so many positive reviews. I hope you get a reply on yours soon, if you do please update me!

Yea it's still a great watch, have been wearing it since I got it. I have been able to live with the issues, though I still would like to get them fixed. The Dial I can live with, its hardly noticeable and I am not an anal person when it comes to detail. It's just the loose fitting bezel and end links which irk me.

Gngn

20/5/12
TC subs are top of the notch in accuracy of the rep parts. He deserves some huge credit for that.

Movement and assembly quality are not at that level, but both can be fixed by your local modder, or by sending a TC sub to BK, or buying it directly from BK. If you invest in a gen ETA, some adjustments, and perhaps some gen parts if you like, this is the one and only Sub rep at present. You just need to keep in mind it's not perfect, but still a chinese illegal product when you buy it oob.

sanankid

I'm Pretty Popular
18/6/11
TC subs are top of the notch in accuracy of the rep parts. He deserves some huge credit for that.

Movement and assembly quality are not at that level, but both can be fixed by your local modder, or by sending a TC sub to BK, or buying it directly from BK. If you invest in a gen ETA, some adjustments, and perhaps some gen parts if you like, this is the one and only Sub rep at present. You just need to keep in mind it's not perfect, but still a chinese illegal product when you buy it oob.

Agreed. Plus for all the people who think the bezel marker doesn't line up you do realize that the bezel marker moves within clicks....

Gngn

20/5/12
From what I understand the A2824s in TCs movements are not run of the mill clones, they have been built especially for him and are of the highest quality. Their performance is on par with a gen ETA.

Durability of the TC clone movements is unfortunately really bad. My German fellows had all kinds of defects in TC 2824s already. You may have been lucky if yours all still run well. It is not a reliable movement mid term.

emdeevee

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
24/5/13
Southern California
Durability of the TC clone movements is unfortunately really bad. My German fellows had all kinds of defects in TC 2824s already. You may have been lucky if yours all still run well. It is not a reliable movement mid term.

Well, it was unreliable for them. Again, it's impossible for this to be anything statistical because we don't have enough evidence. Not trying to defend tc, but you can't just make a blanket statement that the movement is unreliable. Not based on a small handful of cases amongst the thousands of pieces sold.

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
Definitely not good news for people like me who are holding the cash and prepared to spend them on a fine example of TC sub.

Rep of this price range should not require further correction (non centered dial, loose bezel etc..).

And news of the watch being sent out from places other than where Thomas live is very worrisome for buyer since it means that watch did not went through TC strict QC process.

Hope all these can be iron out soon and I can spend on a nice TC sub. :(

Sent using Tapatalk