• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Seadweller.. Best SD available Period

Tonyy

Renowned Member
3/7/13
Anyone have to trim down their TC dial? Just got mine, installed and the indices at the top are fully visible and the ones at the bottom at 6 are half visible.

live1

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
25/3/13
I got mine from Sora yesterday and picked it up today. I went for the cheaper 2813 movement option because I plan on building a franken with the case set using a y3135 movement and gen dial. Not soon though. I have to say the dial and hands look amazing. The pearl is definitely a vast improvement. The case back is very good as well.

The CGs are very good on this unit and the crystal height has vastly been improvement. The bezel is tighter than I want, but works as it should. The click is bothering but I'll take it apart later when I can tackle the build.

I have it on a TC bracelet, however, I have to say that the BP bracelet is actually very, very good. The clasp print is very good. Diver's extension looks great also. This compared to the TC unit. The end link's engraving is crisp.

The TC bracelet fit with no issues on the 12 o'clock side and slight sanding needed on the 6o'clock side.

Having worked on the firs BP and some silix SDs as well as a few SSDs and Jackjo SSDs I can say these are very very good.
suze4asu.jpg

5e9aqy8y.jpg
ubeha2um.jpg

emahy7a5.jpg
ejybypug.jpg

uju3u2a3.jpg
satatu8y.jpg

na2azu8y.jpg

taby6ypy.jpg
2e4aju3a.jpg

y6e9uny3.jpg

uga7avan.jpg

TC bracelet to the left. Stock BP to the right
5uqunaqa.jpg

6asapudy.jpg

ve7avena.jpg

so it seems you are the only member with perfect white hands that match the dial out the box from shinewatch sora.or are all the new bp sd shipping with fixed hands now?

SUMIKITO

Supporter and Senior Purveyor of YouTube News
Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California
The BP Sea Dweller has come a long way baby ! Closer, closer, bit by bit ! Have the same watch with a A2836-2 and it is a nice one! This and the better 16610's are the ones to have.

Subjeff

Mythical Poster
26/12/12
Thanks to P4GTR I have another BPSD on its way. Already contacted my buddy Tonyy to water proof it. Its going to be a gift for my boss who has borrowed mine for several weeks and has been asking for one. This will be his X-Mas present. whoohoo

Jordan27

I'm Pretty Popular
3/7/13
Ok gents,

got out my watch back from Katt.. It is superb

i can't take photos for shit, only have my ipad camera so here goes, in no particular order..

BP VS GEN pearl

Mmmmm H4 height :)

live1

Banned
25/3/13
wow nice looking like the bp hand issue has been fixed now then

Jordan27

I'm Pretty Popular
3/7/13
Don't know, mine aren't BP ;)

bp case
tc dial, bracelet, hands, tube, v3 dwo
gen crown
bezel click spring mod

Jordan27

I'm Pretty Popular
3/7/13
Oh and TC2824 how could I forget... Beautiful movement runs about +3 sec per day, winds like butter!

Tonyy

Renowned Member
3/7/13
I got my BPSD a couple weeks ago and the hands were still ehh. Had a greenish tint to them and didn't match the hour markers. Your results may vary though. I didn't care as I was swapping them out for TC components anyway.

live1

Banned
25/3/13
so ephry got his from sora.i wonder why soras have correct hands

kmac

2/2/09
Got the tc hands and tc dwo on. Just need a crown swap for reliability. This is a crazy good rep. I have a TC bracelet on the way but the Bp bracelet is really nice. I will see how much more the tc is over this but I am really happy.

benjji

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/13
help guys !! I 've found in my city set of genuine hands for sd. nicee, are really brilliant!!
is there trick / solution to fit them in 2836mov. please tell me it's possible.. :cower:

Jordan27

I'm Pretty Popular
3/7/13
Just bought some vernier calipers to measure the inserts from the BPSD and the rolex 16660 insert here are the figures

BPSD
ID - 29.69 mm
OD - 36.31 mm

GEN
ID - 29.70
OD - 36.62