• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Seadweller.. Best SD available Period

Jordan27

I'm Pretty Popular
3/7/13
What's the best way to sand this puppy? I'm thing like a 220grit nice an slow or is that too coarse? I think I'll get a dowel and put it in a cordless drill...

Subjeff

Mythical Poster
26/12/12
What's the best way to sand this puppy? I'm thing like a 220grit nice an slow or is that too coarse? I think I'll get a dowel and put it in a cordless drill...
I would just do it by hand and take your time. I would be afraid to take to much off using a drill. Good luck!

Jordan27

I'm Pretty Popular
3/7/13
Ok by hand it is. A nail file? Interesting.. I'll have a think about what I'm gunna use for the actual sanding.. Will update with pics when I'm done :)

Subjeff

Mythical Poster
26/12/12
Ok by hand it is. A nail file? Interesting.. I'll have a think about what I'm gunna use for the actual sanding.. Will update with pics when I'm done :)
220 grt sandpaper is fine. Place the sandpaper on a table and slide the edge of the insert on the paper while rotating it.

Tonyy

Renowned Member
3/7/13
Finally got my tc parts. All done! I was going to install a gen insert but it was way too big and would need too much sanding. Good thing the stock insert is just fine.

Jordan27

I'm Pretty Popular
3/7/13
Found an emery stone but shit she made me work for it! Photobucket is being a C word so can only upload 2 of 8 ipad quality photos... I'll try again later but here ya go..

Jordan27

I'm Pretty Popular
3/7/13
0bb083b3993b9868324bfb9f1a923c84.jpg

1529ba24d17d0b904ca958573f6a06d4.jpg

3757e8da9c332cff58d5cfa45317ac16.jpg

Jordan27

I'm Pretty Popular
3/7/13
I probably should have recessed it a bit more but I already worked it a fair bit and I'm happy with the result... Need a proper camera! These photos don't do it justice.. The pearl soooo much better, the numbers are slightly less bold and the silver lines for 5 15 25 etc are different lengths to the BP insert..

Jordan27

I'm Pretty Popular
3/7/13
Next thing is in maybe 12 months or so when I send it for a service is to get the DWO re centred.. 1-11 is perfect but the teens and twenties are all slightly left and low, not visible from the wrist unless your looking for it... This baby is a keeper and pretty much finished.. All up close to $1000 was spent.. Do I regret it? Hell no!

And anyone one just tuning in for the final time this is the build specs as of today.

1. BP SD case
2. TC 2824 H4 pinion height
3. TC V3 DWO
3. TC bracelet
4. TC dial and hands
5. TC tube
6. Gen crown
7. Gen bezel insert
8. Gen spec click spring

All of the work was done by Gary (Katt) and Rob (R2D4) big shoutout and thanks

i did the insert and it was a bitch so pay someone else to do it if you can, this was the first insert modding I've done and it was on a gen so wasn't the most pleasant experience..

big thanks to everyone with the tips and tricks along the way :)

:RWI:

ado213

Renowned Member
27/4/12
UK
Great work from all on a classic case. Every build has it's inherent problems, the skill is in overcoming these problems. well done to all who participated.

It's strange, but the watches that make us work are always the keepers!!!

Just a thought, when you do come to re-align the DWO try a BK.

Jordan27

I'm Pretty Popular
3/7/13
Thanks mate I agree :)

Thanks for the suggestion I'll give BK a look

still can't decide on Franken omega 42mm
crpo noob
lmle noob

or a TC V6 KH Gen insert....

Jordan27

I'm Pretty Popular
3/7/13
Yeah mate that's the one, I got my first one from Ryan, best thing to do is just email him to make sure they're in stock and make sure you emphasise you want the BP seadweller so he knows, and I just confirmed with him that it was in fact the one you have linked or the "classic seadweller" it truly is a great watch

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
Thanks Jordan,

I'll be ordering after Xmas. Saving some funds right now for a big order at once.

Jordan27

I'm Pretty Popular
3/7/13
No worries, you definitely won't regret the SD it's a classic and with minor mods is a great piece.

what else is on the list to order?

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Jordan, I am glad you took on the gen insert on your own. The gen insert is awesome and a worthy upgrade if you have the coin. I just couldn't see taking on the job since it was so expensive. Kudos my man! ;) Enjoy.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

kmac

2/2/09
Love my seadweller but I bought a second hand tc se bracelet for it and the end links on one side leave a gap. Is that normal? My Bp bracelet didn't have a gap and I was wondering if that meant someone had modded it too much and it is causing a gap.

Jordan27

I'm Pretty Popular
3/7/13
Jordan, I am glad you took on the gen insert on your own. The gen insert is awesome and a worthy upgrade if you have the coin. I just couldn't see taking on the job since it was so expensive. Kudos my man! ;) Enjoy.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

thanks mate, I was sweating and swearing but pretty happy with the end result I may recess it a fraction more once I can be bothered and maybe a fraction more off the O.D for an easier fit, it 'snapped' in and I don't like the idea of it being under too much stress. If that make sense...

Yeah I understand completely I wouldn't want to do it for anyone else, it would be so easy to mess it up and as you say it's an expensive piece.. But thanks again for all the other help!

Loving this watch my exp 2 polar is feeling a bit lonely :)