• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

“Official Thread†HBB V6 Evolution – Compilation of data (pics)

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Hi
Can anyone explain the major differences between these two watches, and if it is worth the $100 difference?

http://pureti.me/product/big-bang-44mm-full-ceramic-all-black-on-rubber-strap-hub4104/

http://pureti.me/product/big-bang-44mm-full-ceramic-black-magic-on-black-rubber-strap-a7750/

I see there are slight differences on the back movements, the second having darker screws.

The more expensive is a V6 with more accurate crystal, dial, date wheel and movement (of course).
The cheaper is a H maker
People are willingly paying 100$more for the V6
I got V6
Up to you

ALE

maxko

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/9/13
Better AR and better dial on the v 6.5, not sure but i think thinner chrono hand too.

too-many-hobbies

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/12/12
Hi Ale, I saw on Toro site (before went down) a new one called v6.5...
For my eyes identical with this one - http://pureti.me/product/big-bang-evolution-44mm-ss-black-dial-ceramic-bezel-on-black-rubber-strap-hub4104/
There are new upgrades on HBB line-up? There is new v6.5 models to come?

I just sent an invoice request to this TD for this watch (I have a credit from a previous purchase). Anyone here get this watch from PT in the last few weeks? I hope the AR looks good, that's about my only concern.

Sam1977

I'm Pretty Popular
17/6/13
I just sent an invoice request to this TD for this watch (I have a credit from a previous purchase). Anyone here get this watch from PT in the last few weeks? I hope the AR looks good, that's about my only concern.

Its an awesome watch man. I actually just sold mine to a Gen Rolex dealer I work with here in dallas. He was so impressed with the quality that he had to have it. He swears that even most hublot dealers would have a hard time spotting the watch as a rep unless they saw the clear caseback. And even then, unless they were comparing it to a gen they would be hard pressed to tell. Checknout these pictures. The Rose Gold is my 2010 HBB. The SS is the same watch you are ordering.

I definitely will be ordering another. Honestly this one is great right out of the box. Even the strap and buckle are amazingly close to gen. Only real difference is the texture one the edge of the ceramic bezel. And again, not noticeable unless you are comparing side by side.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

elena

17/12/12
I have yhe stainless and I love it, the only thing is that the rotor is noisy, but not a big deal.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Sam1977

I'm Pretty Popular
17/6/13
I have yhe stainless and I love it, the only thing is that the rotor is noisy, but not a big deal.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Might need lube. Mine was quiet just like the gen.

too-many-hobbies

12/12/12
Its an awesome watch man. I actually just sold mine to a Gen Rolex dealer I work with here in dallas. He was so impressed with the quality that he had to have it. He swears that even most hublot dealers would have a hard time spotting the watch as a rep unless they saw the clear caseback. And even then, unless they were comparing it to a gen they would be hard pressed to tell. Checknout these pictures. The Rose Gold is my 2010 HBB. The SS is the same watch you are ordering.

I definitely will be ordering another. Honestly this one is great right out of the box. Even the strap and buckle are amazingly close to gen. Only real difference is the texture one the edge of the ceramic bezel. And again, not noticeable unless you are comparing side by side.

Thanks man, you have been posting some good stuff here in the Hublot community. I completely love your RG. The contrast between the gold & black with just a hint of red is aesthetically perfect! It really catches my eye over the SS, but for once in my life i'm gonna do the practical thing and get the "less pimp" SS version so I can wear it in almost any situation.

Thanks for the info.

Sam1977

I'm Pretty Popular
17/6/13
Thanks man, you have been posting some good stuff here in the Hublot community. I completely love your RG. The contrast between the gold & black with just a hint of red is aesthetically perfect! It really catches my eye over the SS, but for once in my life i'm gonna do the practical thing and get the "less pimp" SS version so I can wear it in almost any situation.

Thanks for the info.

No problem man, glad to help.

You will love the SS model!

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11

Thanks for the info.

I agree with you
About Sam 1977
And about SS instead of RG

ALE

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Hi Ale, I saw on Toro site (before went down) a new one called v6.5...
For my eyes identical with this one - http://pureti.me/product/big-bang-e...-ceramic-bezel-on-black-rubber-strap-hub4104/
There are new upgrades on HBB line-up? There is new v6.5 models to come?

I have just seen these models
I have asked Toro about this matter an hope to get some answer tomorrow
Anyway if they are improved version the name V6.5 is not correct because V6 is the "name" of maker
The correct version name would be V6 V2
Just my opinion

ALE

mintmanin

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
29/3/13
6.5 is already in back in august, i got mine from Ryan Intime, better AR and laso H logo has been improved. i think they still call it v6 but all of them are updated.

searchFORsunrise

Looking Around
13/11/13
Hi all,

Can anyone please tell me the 90 dollar difference between

1. http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=279_280&products_id=9425

and

2. http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=279_280&products_id=1386

the 2nd one dsnt seem as glossy with the pattern or am i wrong?
if its ONLY the sapphire glass and the rest are identical then i would definately go with the first one.
Also does ttw provide you with box etc?

sorry for the newbie questions!
oh and Ale u rock mate!

maroon

Known Member
3/11/13
Just spent the two days reading this thread (unbelievable .. i got so engrossed)

Wanted to thank everybody for educating this n00b in the finer watches known as Hublot!!

Special thanks to Ale and Guru.

only 1 question, is there a source for the H screwdriver in north america ... based on what i read, you would need the screwdriver before the watch!!

Cheers!!

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Just spent the two days reading this thread (unbelievable .. i got so engrossed)

Wanted to thank everybody for educating this n00b in the finer watches known as Hublot!!

only 1 question, is there a source for the H screwdriver in north america ... based on what i read, you would need the screwdriver before the watch!!

Cheers!!

You will need and specific H screwdriver
I recommend you a real "H" screwdriver non an adapted "V" screwdriver in order to not danage the delicate H screws
Puretime sells a very good H screwdriver:
H screwdriver
http://www.pureti.me/product/special-screw-driver-for-hublot-big-bang

ALE

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11

Cheers!!

You will need and specific H screwdriver
I recommend you a real "H" screwdriver non an adapted "V" screwdriver in order to not danage the delicate H screws
Read about that:
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showpost.php?p=1008661&postcount=1012

Puretime sells a very good H screwdriver:
H screwdriver
http://www.pureti.me/product/special-screw-driver-for-hublot-big-bang

ALE

maxko

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/9/13
I've seen some screwdrivers on ebay.com for about 25$ plus shipping, but i really don't remember if they were true H screwdrivers or just the V ones adapted to take the H. Maybe you can keep your eye on ebay.com