• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Can't find a TC Sub v5 review... please help?

911flyer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
15/10/13
EU
What's that all about? I've heard the case isn't as good as the old ones too...? Can any one confirm?

Sent from my sub using helium

911flyer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
15/10/13
EU
I've understood that the v5 had engravings on rehaut but that it's shaved off (sanded down) since it's a V-serial and not a M-serial number on the rehaut.

I don't own one...yet, but little disappointing with the bracelet.

Turbo350z

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/13
I've understood that the v5 had engravings on rehaut but that it's shaved off (sanded down) since it's a V-serial and not a M-serial number on the rehaut.

I don't own one...yet, but little disappointing with the bracelet.

The bracelet is fine.... Give it a little lube and you would never tell the difference from gen. IMO the last link not bending is such a SMALL detail.
TC sub is the closest you are going to get to gen. Trust me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

arkon

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/11/11
The bracelet of my 2 year old Deepsea Sea-dweller feels so much more gen compared to my gen 16610 and even the bracelet of my old noobmariner feels better overall. TC did such a nice job getting a special factory for the V4 and did put so much work in it. I did except a little bit more with that.

live1

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
25/3/13
wot td is selling the tc? are u serious

911flyer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
15/10/13
EU
The bracelet is fine.... Give it a little lube and you would never tell the difference from gen. IMO the last link not bending is such a SMALL detail.
TC sub is the closest you are going to get to gen. Trust me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Good point!

arkon

3/11/11
I did lube it and I could tell the difference very easy from my gen. Then I did lube it again and again. But its not as smooth as the gen one. Now I`m looking for a TC V3 Bracelet if anyone has them?

IWC Doppelchronograph

29/4/13
I am in the process of ordering two Caddell's, looking forward to the wait and anticipation when my order has been processed and I'm on the list !

moodyticker

Known Member
1/3/13
I did lube it and I could tell the difference very easy from my gen. Then I did lube it again and again. But its not as smooth as the gen one. Now I`m looking for a TC V3 Bracelet if anyone has them?

I had exactly the same problem with the V4 bracelet when I first got it. I gave it an bath in WD40 overnight and it made the links much more versatile. Like you there was one link that was problematic.

I would still suggest finding a V3 bracelet if you can get one as IMHO I think they are better, mirrored side links, better SEL and engravings in the later ones. The only problem is they are well and truely out of production. The only way you might hunt one down is by posting WTB Ads or finding one posted as an extra on a TC Sub sale. The V4 clasp does have a nice coronet though, sharp details etc.

Good luck.

arkon

3/11/11
I had exactly the same problem with the V4 bracelet when I first got it. I gave it an bath in WD40 overnight and it made the links much more versatile. Like you there was one link that was problematic.

I would still suggest finding a V3 bracelet if you can get one as IMHO I think they are better, mirrored side links, better SEL and engravings in the later ones. The only problem is they are well and truely out of production. The only way you might hunt one down is by posting WTB Ads or finding one posted as an extra on a TC Sub sale. The V4 clasp does have a nice coronet though, sharp details etc.

Good luck.

Yes I did WTB on the three big rep forums. Finally I`ve got lucky and found one :)

surf

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/8/12
I started to order a TC 16610LV but was able to change my order to a TC Sub v5. So I already have it.

I own a gen 2009 V-Series Sub. And got the TC Sub Type 5 the last days. Overall TC did a great job on answering emails fast giving me quick updates and the watch is also very nice done. I do not blame TC in any way. But the bracelet I`m not happy with. It feels kind of cheap and I cant bend the end links like on my gen. To show you that best, have a look on my picture. It is the same on both sides, the links wont go down like on my gen. Is that because the TC Type 5 sub is an older Version of the Sub with no rehaut engraving and that gives this kind of bracelet?

TC Sub is on the right side:
tc-sub.jpg

Sir, can you do review side by side?? This would be very awesome for members.:popcorn:

arkon

3/11/11
The Watch is atm @SSTEEL. I tried to swap out my bezel insert. Then the crystal and everything came off. So now the bezel assembly is slightly bent and I need a new one. But dont worry SSTEEL is doing some great work on it. When I get it back I will make a more detailed review.

But the links cant bend on both side like on the gen one. I could only provide more gen photo`s if needed and another member can take photo`s of a V4 bracelet on a TC sub. Its not a little detail as you can see on the picture.