• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Etched Crown On Glass

Prosperity888

15/3/12
Hi guys, my QC photos of the Ceramic Submariner by Trevor has just came in, however, I would like to ask the expert opinions of our members here. I notice that the etched crown is not aligned with the 6 o'clock position. Based on my experience, I always noticed that the laser etched crown should be properly aligned with the 6 o'clock position (am I incorrect?)

Would it be a good move to accept the deal and ask my watchsmith to align it next time when I received the watch (Is it an easy job)? Or should I request Trevor to get me another piece and send me the QC photos again.

Other than the misaligned laser crown etching, I think overall the watch looks fine, Pearl is centred. Proper hands and dials. But I may be wrong. Any advice? I've attached a few photos for your kind references. Hopefully I can get some advice from all the gurus here! hehe! Thanks!

Subc.png

DSC_0311.jpg

DSC_0312.jpg

Omega_dude

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
2/2/12
A small flaw like that won't ruin the watch. Buy it.

waterluver

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/7/11
most will never notice it since it is hard to see and if watchsmith redoes it he will have to remove cyclops and glue it back on--minor fault--buy it and enjoy

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
You would also need to get him to remove the cyclops and re-stick it down. The cyclops is aligned, the crown isn't. You either get one or the other I'm afraid. But saying that, it's not enough to reject the watch if that is what you are asking. Also, on the wrist it is invisible.

Prosperity888

15/3/12
Thanks for the kind advice guys, guess I never thought about the cyclops. Hehe. So its not appropriate to ask Trevor to change another piece I suppose. Sorry guys, I'm not trying to be anal! Hehe!

giobo

6/5/10
When did you got the QC pics frm Trevor??

DeeKa

Known Member
26/2/12
IF you go to a watchmaker to get it aligned, better look for a new crystal upfront without the etched crown ;)

Dee

DeeKa

Known Member
26/2/12
The crowns on the rep crystals are one of the biggest tells for a rep as they are oversized and too easy to spot, with correct lighting you can spot them from half a meter...

Dee

Londongeorge87

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
13/1/09
I'd suggest a gen crystal replacement anyway at some point as the cyclops is a big giveaway not having ar.

I would suggest that though as I know a great supplier ;)

Other than that, nice watch mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
Depending on how anal you are, I'd send that to Darthalex and have it relumed, and pressure tested. Also have him do his pearl mod to it so it looks like a gen pearl and not a zit. He can put the correct hour hand on as well. He's doing all this to my blue ceramic sub right now. Darthalex.com nothing like having a ceramic Sub that can't get wet.

giobo

6/5/10
@Giobo, around 2-3 hours ago. Whats up?

I have a personal order and the least i can say is that he is too late...

He is supposed to have my watch and i have requested QC pics but nothing after many days..

rsh

3/4/10
Crown is on the proper position in the crystal, its just the whole crystal is misaligned

crystal needs to be popped off and reinstalled. I think then the cyclops will center over the window too

the lack of AR is a tell but this watch does not readily accept a gen crystal

Prosperity888

15/3/12
Thanks for the many suggestions guys. I really appreciate it! Will reconsider all of your advices.

Depending on how anal you are, I'd send that to Darthalex and have it relumed, and pressure tested. Also have him do his pearl mod to it so it looks like a gen pearl and not a zit. He can put the correct hour hand on as well. He's doing all this to my blue ceramic sub right now. Darthalex.com nothing like having a ceramic Sub that can't get wet.

Hi Ruprekt, thanks for the link. You said about putting the correct hour hands on. Is there anything wrong with the one I'm getting?

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?tntfae

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
Alex suggested doing it, I think it's too small as is.

Prosperity888

15/3/12
I have a personal order and the least i can say is that he is too late...

He is supposed to have my watch and i have requested QC pics but nothing after many days..

@Giobo: Hmm. Bases on our communication (Me and Trevor) for the past few days, I can say communications went very smoothly. He basically replies all my mails almost within 5-6 hours.

May I ask what watch are you buying? Maybe he is still sourcing for it amidst the fiasco that's been happening over in China.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?bfvu45

Prosperity888

15/3/12
Finally requested Trevor if I could view some other stocks he has, apparently, all of them have the misaligned crown etching. Hopefully its just an angle problem. LOL!

Anyways, made my decision and he is gonna ship it soon.Oh yeah.. can't wait!!

By the way, is the Trevor Submariner from the Noob factory?

Prosperity888

15/3/12
Crown is on the proper position in the crystal, its just the whole crystal is misaligned

crystal needs to be popped off and reinstalled. I think then the cyclops will center over the window too

the lack of AR is a tell but this watch does not readily accept a gen crystal

Thanks for the input. I guess the C-Sub gens are still not mature enough to be installed with a gen crystal. Usually how much would a gen crystal cost?

Londongeorge87

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
13/1/09
Gen crystal like the one you'd need would be anything from 175-300usd depending on condition, supplier and whether it's a service crystal or not.

If you wanted me to source you one it'd be brand new, non service and between the two prices somewhere :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk