• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Can't find a TC Sub v5 review... please help?

ratpatrolteam01

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
10/12/10
Hey guys.. for the life of me I can't find a TC V5 Sub review... can anyone help me find reviews of them?? or if you have experience with it, any negatives??

live1

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
25/3/13
no one has received it yet

van_damme1988

Horology Curious
19/8/12
yup. I am also on the waiting list. But i think that you need no review. Just read the old ones. The case, tube, crystal is the same as on LV. Inserts are a bit rounded compared to gens, but as they are one of the best aftermarket inserts, i think that you would be ok with it (it is barely visible). 16610 dials are almost out of stock and TC will not hold them forever, so they are the same quallity as V2, V3 or whatever. There are many reviews about the new TC bracelets and clasps so no prob here. Maybe you would consider some of the Caddell Subs if you like them.
Like them fellow guys on RWG told me, "if you do not have TC Sub yet, stop thinking and place an order. TC won't be doing these forever". And now i am on the waiting list. Come. Join the dark side. Place an order :D We are already there.

ratpatrolteam01

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
10/12/10
I think my payment got processed this week. Hopefully within a month, I'll have it! Hopefully It won't go out of stock :(

My SLR 300 Heuer is in repair in China... DJII Noob is in repair + repolishing in the CONUS. I have cwazy's vintage sub.

eVojlib

Renowned Member
Certified
15/1/11
I recieved my TC LV last week, it's pretty much the same as before just a improved clasp on the bracelet.

One thing I noticed is the dial markers seem to have thicker rings than the previous dial did, I went back to view my old pictures and I'm just not sure it's the same LV dial unless he removed all the markers and replaced them.

It also seems the lume color is more white than the previous LV dial, I'm pretty happy with that.

Overall it's a nice piece, although I think I may swap my WM9 v3 dial over at some point.

I want Daytona

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/8/09
I got one scheduled to ship tomorrow. I have waited more than 35 days. I can't wait to see the masterpiece.

DVNE

Put Some Respect On My Name
7/11/12
I got one scheduled to ship tomorrow. I have waited more than 35 days. I can't wait to see the masterpiece.

Please share pics and a review when you receive it... I ordered mines on 9/20:popcorn:

eVojlib

Renowned Member
Certified
15/1/11
Not much to say other than its one of the best out there...

dsc0007gy.jpg

dsc0036av.jpg

DVNE

Put Some Respect On My Name
7/11/12
It's at least 30 days so be patient

I want Daytona

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/8/09
Real quick impression if my LN sub v5 with vintage insert. Absolutely love it. Need to oil bath the bracelet its not smooth but it looks so good. SEL is perfect and tight. The pearl is absolutely perfection and I am pleasantly surprised by the curved insert. It looks nice. Winding feels better than my old gen ETA 2836. Its a bit hard to pull to second position though.

coop

OG member in the Lou
Supporter
Advisor
11/10/06
St. Louis
As I have been absent for awhile, who is TC? Trusted?
Checked out the link, it looks outstanding.

D

d4m.test

As I have been absent for awhile, who is TC? Trusted?
Checked out the link, it looks outstanding.

Noob! ;)

Thomas Caddell. Based in the US. I guess he picked up where wm9 left off? http://blog.tc-sub.com

Makes super rep 16610 and yachtmasters.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

coop

OG member in the Lou
Supporter
Advisor
11/10/06
St. Louis
Looks like nice stuff. Is he considered trusted on any of the fora?

Turbo350z

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/13
Real quick impression if my LN sub v5 with vintage insert. Absolutely love it. Need to oil bath the bracelet its not smooth but it looks so good. SEL is perfect and tight. The pearl is absolutely perfection and I am pleasantly surprised by the curved insert. It looks nice. Winding feels better than my old gen ETA 2836. Its a bit hard to pull to second position though.

Pics or it didn't happen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

TeamRolex

Horology Curious
4/5/13
Be patient with TC, things go very slow sometime, but worth the wait. I spoke to him last week so mine should be in route soon. ( I hope )

Robert1

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
11/4/12
He also told me 25-30 days.. But including shipping or after 30 days he will ship the watch?