• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Deal of a LIFETIME?

meisenberg44

Known Member
30/1/12
I thought it was different from the original one I was told was a canal street rep.. I posted pics in hopes of learning more about the watch... There were many people who also had been on my side believing it was special... Has anyone ever found something hoping it was special? I mean it seems crazy to criticize someone just for seeking information. I'm new at this.. All I wanted was some opinions, not harsh
criticisms

jsmn4vu

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/2/12
I thought it was different from the original one I was told was a canal street rep.. I posted pics in hopes of learning more about the watch... There were many people who also had been on my side believing it was special... Has anyone ever found something hoping it was special? I mean it seems crazy to criticize someone just for seeking information. I'm new at this.. All I wanted was some opinions, not harsh
criticisms
You're O.K., mate. You are not the watch, so don't take those criticisms personally. As you spend more time here, you'll learn that there are quite a few people who can tell a gen from a rep just by pictures. You may have seen the thread from a few days ago where a fellow posted pictures of a gen to "test" the group. He was impressed when it was ID'd as gen.

revhrd

Put Some Respect On My Name
5/2/11
meisenberg44, really don't take offense there was input offered about the gen/rep status of your watch. You will see that in the midst of such observations members tend to make light of the situation and perhaps references to other past situations that resulted in humor.

I mean seriously look at KBH's avatar, I would not cross him lest I want to be chased by a banana :lol:

jk, it's all in harmless fun, we are not trf were we shoot you down on sight. I would advice a quick check into the rolex sub forum, tons of info and a lot of check my rollie which will help you learn.

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Take it all in good sport.
You asked. You got answers. You hoped some of them were wrong.
Some of them poked at you a bit, but you held on to your dreams.

Don't ever let them take your dreams.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

d4m.test

+1000 w/ rvhrd and levelmanroger, mate! Please don't take these personally; the people here WILL NOT steer you wrong and will be honest with their opinions OF THE WATCH. Take it in stride; nothing malicious here, meisenbert.

dave

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
As the boys said, don't take it hard but it is a POS mate, real cheap MVT, wrong case etc.

until you take a Rolex watchmakers course, don't tell me for a fact that you can tell directly from pictures.

Yes I will. I'm sorry but it was obvious to many here that it was 100% rep as soon as they saw it. It has been explained why but you either are not listening or don't wish to learn.

1/ GMT is a sub case
2/ Date mag and font very wrong
and the one that proved it beyond all doubt without needing to remove the caseback:
3/ The hands are stacked in the wrong order.

So yes, contrary to my first post, upon closer examination it did not need MVT pics to tell it was a fake. If it had not been 2am when I posted that I probably would have spotted it right away. Believe me, the guys here are better at spotting a fake than any Rolex trained watchmaker.

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
My professional AND personal opinion is that your timepiece is 100% genuine

I have looked closely at the pics and I dispute all that has been said before

You have definitely bought a watch, no matter what anyone says.

:D Welcome to a great forum mate .... folks here are tremendously helpful and from time to time a little brutal .... except me - I am a bloody miracle of empathy

OK lunchtime - I am gonna go buy some awesomely yummy fish and chips ....

revhrd

5/2/11
My professional AND personal opinion is that your timepiece is 100% genuine

I have looked closely at the pics and I dispute all that has been said before

You have definitely bought a watch, no matter what anyone says.

:D Welcome to a great forum mate .... folks here are tremendously helpful and from time to time a little brutal .... except me - I am a bloody miracle of empathy

OK lunchtime - I am gonna go buy some awesomely yummy fish and chips ....

damn you all I got from your post was fish and chips and now I'm hungry except it's not lunch time here :(

enjoy your lunch

meisenberg44

Known Member
30/1/12
Sorry guys- just had my wisdom teeth out- we all got a bit of a pissy kid on percocets and valium- I appreciate all the feedback and didn't mean to flip out :p- I'm one of those go-getters who goes to garage sale every weekend and has bought a gold eagle coin for 5$ and actually sold it to a jeweler for 1800 back when gold was up there- I always think I have something even before I know for sure- Very sorry for my reaction and once again I do appreciate everything I learn from this site :D

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
I'm just here for the fish, hopefully halibut.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Someone say fish! Now you're talking. Much more interesting than watches.

dolphin.jpg

ratpatrolteam01

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
10/12/10
lol at least now you know that even in a rep enthusiast forum some people aren't still sure if it's a rep, franken, gen, etc for a $5 POS canal st. rep.

Now I truly shall NGAF about the accuracy of reps (to a certain extent) and wear them.

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
My lunch was as good as expected ..... our local shops are pretty bulletproof .... Whiting fillets - three of them plus some nice thick chippies and a scallop ..... grilled of course

:D

....and your watch was all a $40 rep should be and more - and never forget to be grateful for the fun of the hunt! I think it is a BIG factor for all of us, if we're honest.

:)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bG6b3V2MNxQ"]So Long and Thanks for all the Fish - YouTube[/ame]

revhrd

5/2/11
yes it's the hunt so that the rep ends up in our greedy little hands just like that fish...